• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] GE Promethium

Tulpa3d

I just entered AF within the last week so this is my first week in GE after leveling to AF. I only negotiate in GE. In Level 2 of GE, it is now expecting that I have Promethium in which to negotiate. I am no where near the harbor in tech (maybe weeks away).
Since you cannot trade for Promethium, how do I acquire Promethium so I can participate in GE?

DeletedUser8420

I just entered AF within the last week so this is my first week in GE after leveling to AF. I only negotiate in GE. In Level 2 of GE, it is now expecting that I have Promethium in which to negotiate. I am no where near the harbor in tech (maybe weeks away).
Since you cannot trade for Promethium, how do I acquire Promethium so I can participate in GE?
you cant until you open the tech...lol this is because more then a few of us have quit the tech tree and thus have quit using the harbor so now they are forcing us to use harbor to do negotiations....which idiot at Inno decided this one? Do they not realize they are pushing players out of the game with this nonsense?

DeletedUser

If you don't have enough attack to fight in GE you are running up the tech tree. When there is a real use for promethium I am sure many like Cassaundrea will complain the game isn't fair since he/she decided to use resources in a different way and not stock up on it.

DeletedUser26965

If you don't have enough attack to fight in GE you are running up the tech tree.
Wait, I'm confused by this, are you saying that in order to play GE we have to get military GB's, level them, get military buildings, make units and fight?

DeletedUser

It's a strange concept, many prefer a welfare system. Why don't we give them all participation trophies for trying.

DeletedUser26965

It's a strange concept, many prefer a welfare system. Why don't we give them all participation trophies for trying.
Strange dichotomy, either someone fights otherwise it's welfare. I guess you forgot the game presents itself in the beginning as players can either;
ns9OzBl.jpg

And "As you remember, when we first introduced Guild Expeditions, we promised that we will also develop a peaceful way of solving encounters in the jungle."Negotiation Game

Clearly if one becomes a goods trader and or mostly does goods over fights and GE also is designed for those players to play in through negotiations then it is not welfare.

It's also not welfare to mention a flaw in that design when you can not partake in it in as a negotiator. The OP is not complaining that they want free promethium. They are complaining because one can not even negotiate GE now like they have been able to since negotiations were added to GE.

Now, one could argue that when you enter a new era you have to get to the tech for the goods building in order to negotiate however Promethium is not like any other good, you can't get it through trading, you can't get it from GB's, you can't get it from recurring quests, you can't buy it with coins in tech like other goods, you can get a little from maps I believe but mainly you need a completely different system that takes a lot longer to even build up enough Promethium. So basically everyone entering AF as a negotiator can not play GE for quite some time and now will also be forced to decide between tech and GE in regards to Promethium, something all AF players previous to this did not have to do. And where was the mention of this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tulpa3d

I appreciate eveyone's response. It looks like I'm going to have to wait until I get deeper in tech to participate past Level 2 in GE unless Inno sees/fixes the issue those who negotiate.
2hftp8o.png
2hftp8o.png

DeletedUser13838

I appreciate eveyone's response. It looks like I'm going to have to wait until I get deeper in tech to participate past Level 2 in GE unless Inno sees/fixes the issue those who negotiate.
2hftp8o.png
2hftp8o.png

Are you sure that's level 2 GE? Looks like level 4.

Tulpa3d

Image is level 3 (not 4), but it did ask for Promethium at lvl 2 as well. I got past it by re-playing that particular challenge until I solved it w/o Promethium.

jlshetler

Mine didn't start requiring promethium until the first Large encounter in Difficulty III. Even the last encounter of Difficulty II did not require promethium in the negotiation game.

Zatrikon

I see the opposite problem. I've stopped making Promethium because I have nothing left to do with it. I've completed all the AF tech - and that's it. Presumably, there will be some use for it in the next age, but in the mean time, there's no point in making more of it. (I fight trough the GE.)

I really wish I could trade with it. I'd gladly trade some to people who need it.

DeletedUser26965

I see the opposite problem. I've stopped making Promethium because I have nothing left to do with it. I've completed all the AF tech - and that's it. Presumably, there will be some use for it in the next age, but in the mean time, there's no point in making more of it. (I fight trough the GE.)

I really wish I could trade with it. I'd gladly trade some to people who need it.
The thing is people going into AF now don't have that problem, sheesh what a problem to have lol too many goodso_O:D. This change is really going to screw up a lot of players going into AF, it won't affect you negatively unless of course you have a lot of guildmates in AF that mostly trade in GE then your guild will start doing worse.

DeletedUser8420

If you don't have enough attack to fight in GE you are running up the tech tree. When there is a real use for promethium I am sure many like Cassaundrea will complain the game isn't fair since he/she decided to use resources in a different way and not stock up on it.

I didn't say it was unfair, I said it was idiotic change. You have to use approx. 100 goods in order to send out ship and get a return with Promethium. So now with negotiations you not only have to spend in negotiations but spend goods for ship's return with P. Especially since it seems, according to those reporting here, that the rewards have been somewhat nerf'd....like we didn't see that coming now did we. SHEZZZZSH

Well, guess they changed it for all those folks who complained they didn't have enough to do with their AF goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zatrikon

The thing is people going into AF now don't have that problem, sheesh what a problem to have lol too many goodso_O:D. This change is really going to screw up a lot of players going into AF, it won't affect you negatively unless of course you have a lot of guildmates in AF that mostly trade in GE then your guild will start doing worse.
Heh. ;) I didn't mean it as the same level of complaint. No problem having a good stockpile of Promethium (assuming I'll eventually be able to use it for something). But it would be nice to be able to trade it, or use in in GvG, or for some Guild Treasury purpose, or something.

I can't help but wonder what's so special, thematically, about Promethium in the first place. It really doesn't have that many applications. Atomic batteries, luminous paint, measuring radiation penetration. That's about it. It's not like you can eat the stuff, or build buildings out of it. It doesn't cure any disease, it's radioactive. Oh, and it's not actually purple.

DeletedUser26965

Just use hover tanks ;)

This really is just insane though, they must have made this change in mind regarding only people who already have tons of promethium, for them it's no problem. Everyone else that trades through GE is screwed. Inno clearly can not be aware of the ramifications of this.

Zatrikon

And they give you all the Harbor Upgrades and new crew members to make gathering Promethium more and more efficient - just before you no longer need it! Gee, thanks! I can make something I don't need better now than I could when I needed it! Meanwhile, people who need it can't make it at all. AND those who have it and don't need it can't trade it to people who don't have it and do need it!

Is this good game design?

(Granted, I'm sure I'll need it again once the next age comes out.)

sirblu

Strange dichotomy, either someone fights otherwise it's welfare. I guess you forgot the game presents itself in the beginning as players can either;
ns9OzBl.jpg

And "As you remember, when we first introduced Guild Expeditions, we promised that we will also develop a peaceful way of solving encounters in the jungle."Negotiation Game

Clearly if one becomes a goods trader and or mostly does goods over fights and GE also is designed for those players to play in through negotiations then it is not welfare.

It's also not welfare to mention a flaw in that design when you can not partake in it in as a negotiator. The OP is not complaining that they want free promethium. They are complaining because one can not even negotiate GE now like they have been able to since negotiations were added to GE.

Now, one could argue that when you enter a new era you have to get to the tech for the goods building in order to negotiate however Promethium is not like any other good, you can't get it through trading, you can't get it from GB's, you can't get it from recurring quests, you can't buy it with coins in tech like other goods, you can get a little from maps I believe but mainly you need a completely different system that takes a lot longer to even build up enough Promethium. So basically everyone entering AF as a negotiator can not play GE for quite some time and now will also be forced to decide between tech and GE in regards to Promethium, something all AF players previous to this did not have to do. And where was the mention of this?

I have never seen a screen like this. Where does it come from? And I play on multiple servers!