• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Getting booted

Elisha Reb

How can you find out who and why you were booted from a guild? So far no one knows who or why I was booted from Brotherhood in Walstrand. Did the game somehow boot me? I am still in all of the trade threads.

DeletedUser29726

How can you find out who and why you were booted from a guild? So far no one knows who or why I was booted from Brotherhood in Walstrand. Did the game somehow boot me? I am still in all of the trade threads.

Threads are managed separately from guilds. Other than the 'guild discussion' thread stickied at the top, the rest you have to be removed from individually if the thread admins care to.

The game does not boot you from a guild on its own. One of the leaders kicked you or you left. There should be an event in your event log I think saying who did it.

Algona

DeletedUser32328

Go to the Event History accessible via your Town Hall and filter on Guild Events. Then you should have an entry for it.

Emberguard

There should be an event in your event log I think saying who did it.
There isn't. When I was kicked I looked through my event log, nothing. On the guilds end anyone in the guild itself will have that record as to whether they left or were kicked. But the person booted gets nothing in the event log at all.

Only way is by contacting your guild leaders and asking them

Elisha Reb

Threads are managed separately from guilds. Other than the 'guild discussion' thread stickied at the top, the rest you have to be removed from individually if the thread admins care to.

The game does not boot you from a guild on its own. One of the leaders kicked you or you left. There should be an event in your event log I think saying who did it.

There were a number of our players that were booted because one person wanted to start a new guild to get rid of some high level players that were not very active. This was done without any discussion to the ones that were booted. Most of us are not happy about it. I do not think that we should have to wait a week to rejoin our old guild.

Jern2017

There were a number of our players that were booted because one person wanted to start a new guild to get rid of some high level players that were not very active. This was done without any discussion to the ones that were booted. Most of us are not happy about it. I do not think that we should have to wait a week to rejoin our old guild.

Then join a new guild. If you were following the rules set in your guild and being active as required, you haven't done anything wrong. There's no guarantee something like that will happen again if you do rejoin.

DeletedUser33179

First you say that you've no idea who/why you were booted. Yet, now you state you already have a fairly good understanding of the answer to your question. Odd.

Exactly why would you wish to rejoin your old guild after what you describe happened? And, exactly why do you think you won't simply be booted out again if you did rejoin?

DeletedUser

There were a number of our players that were booted because one person wanted to start a new guild to get rid of some high level players that were not very active.
This is not very clear.
1. Did he boot players that he wanted to join his new guild?
2. Is he making the old guild his new guild and booting players he didn't want?
3. If he booted players he didn't want because they were not very active, does that mean that you weren't very active?
4. Are you upset that you were booted, or just upset that you allegedly didn't know why?
5. Do you want to go back to that guild if that player can do the same thing to you again?
6. Do you want to find a new guild?
7. What exactly is it you want to get out of this thread?
Are you looking for advice? About what specifically?
Information? Again, about what specifically?
Sympathy?

Elisha Reb

First you say that you've no idea who/why you were booted. Yet, now you state you already have a fairly good understanding of the answer to your question. Odd.

Exactly why would you wish to rejoin your old guild after what you describe happened? And, exactly why do you think you won't simply be booted out again if you did rejoin?

Because the one that booted us has left and formed a new guild and wants all that he booted to join him.

Elisha Reb

This is not very clear.
1. Did he boot players that he wanted to join his new guild?
2. Is he making the old guild his new guild and booting players he didn't want?
3. If he booted players he didn't want because they were not very active, does that mean that you weren't very active?
4. Are you upset that you were booted, or just upset that you allegedly didn't know why?
5. Do you want to go back to that guild if that player can do the same thing to you again?
6. Do you want to find a new guild?
7. What exactly is it you want to get out of this thread?
Are you looking for advice? About what specifically?
Information? Again, about what specifically?
Sympathy?

1. Yes. He wants the ones he booted to join his new guild.
2. No. He is starting a new guild.
3. The ones he booted were the most active.
4. I am upset that I was booted to join a new guild without even being consulted about it.
5. I want to go back to that guild because that player is no longer there as he has started a new guild.
6. I do not want to find a new guild.
7. What I would like is to be able to go back to the guild I was in with all the rights I had before I was booted now without having to wait so long. Now when I go back I will not have any of the rights I had worked to get unless one of the other higher players that was not booted will give them back to me.

DeletedUser33179

Because the one that booted us has left and formed a new guild and wants all that he booted to join him.

4. I am upset that I was booted to join a new guild without even being consulted about it.
5. I want to go back to that guild because that player is no longer there as he has started a new guild.
7. What I would like is to be able to go back to the guild I was in with all the rights I had before I was booted now without having to wait so long. Now when I go back I will not have any of the rights I had worked to get unless one of the other higher players that was not booted will give them back to me.

Let me see if I'm understanding your explanation correctly.

Your guild leader in your old guild wanted to "get rid of some high level players who were not very active". So he booted all the active guildies, leaving the low activity guildies still in place. Then, to presumably still get rid of those high level/low activity guildies, he leaves your old guild & asks all his active former guild-mates - which he'd just intentionally dumped ftom the old guild - to join him in his new guild.

Ummm... I don't think so. Makes zero sense.

I'm not sure if actually the inactives got dumped by him & you're one of them. Or, perhaps he dumped you & others irregardless of activity level to take full control of the guild. But that didn't work out with remaining guildies rebelling, so he left to start a new guild. Or, ... whatever.

Any which way, he's gone & you want to go back to your old guild.

Wait a total of 7 days & you can rejoin. Absolutely pointless to argue or wail over the wait - is standard for all & I'm certain your world won't end while waiting. If you have to apply or get invited (not autojoin), why wouldn't your old guildies want you back? As for regaining your guild rights - if you actually deserve them, why wouldn't you get them back? Unless, of course, there's other factors involved you aren't sharing with us.

DeletedUser

Your guild leader in your old guild wanted to "get rid of some high level players who were not very active". So he booted all the active guildies, leaving the low activity guildies still in place. Then, to presumably still get rid of those high level/low activity guildies, he leaves your old guild & asks all his active former guild-mates - which he'd just intentionally dumped ftom the old guild - to join him in his new guild.

Ummm... I don't think so. Makes zero sense.
Makes sense if it was a guild leader and not the guild leader. Especially if he broached the idea of booting inactives to the rest of guild leadership and they wouldn't go along with it. I've known some players that could conceivably have done something like this. I wouldn't do it like this, and neither would you, but there are some 'interesting' types playing this game.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the detailed reply. I sympathize with you. I would be madder than a hornet's nest if some idiot had done that to me. The last thing I would do would be to join his new guild, which it sounds like that is your attitude, too. Any one of those members he booted that joins his new guild should have their heads examined.

DeletedUser33179

Makes sense if it was a guild leader and not the guild leader. Especially if he broached the idea of booting inactives to the rest of guild leadership and they wouldn't go along with it. I've known some players that could conceivably have done something like this. I wouldn't do it like this, and neither would you, but there are some 'interesting' types playing this game.

I really don't miss the drama that more often then not seems to come with so many guilds. :)

DeletedUser36624

I really don't miss the drama that more often then not seems to come with so many guilds. :)
Maybe I lucked out, but FoE guilds seem infinitely better than say... WoW guilds. Maybe because it is so easy to make a FoE guild, all the power hungry types are all sitting in their personal guilds with a handful of newbies instead of trying to worm into an established guild.

Emberguard

Ok I think I get you.

He booted the best of the best with the intention of giving them a new guild they could join straight away. This leaves only the inactives left in the old guild separating those that pull their weight from those that are coasting. It also means instead of leader he'll now be founder of those that stay with him

Here's what I'd do: Join a guild. Any guild. Contact those in your old guild that you want to re-join asking them to send you a invitation. Once 7 days are up you can go back to where you want to be