• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Good buildings and amount of squares (efficiency)

Feirefis

I am currently in PE.

in InA i got textiles as ressource and the building size is 3x4 - now in PE i got explosives and the building size will be 4x5 - but the max building is 7x4 and a two-lane road is also needed.
So i can build more than two textile mills and have room to spare - i get the goods via market 1:2 which is suggested by the system.

Even worse was the paper mill (CA) with 2x3 and the fertilizer plant (InA) with 4x5 so i could build 3 paper mills or 1 fertilizer plant and get equal valued goods.

That is absolutely bad luck for some. And the system does not even recognize the different calues by suggesting 1:1 for every same age goods and 1:2 or 2:1 for one age difference.

Please make this better by upping the production or something. This is really bad. :-(

DeletedUser24787

where is the question in this post this seems more like a suggestion

Please make this better by upping the production or something. This is really bad. :-(
having trouble understand the point you are trying to get across would you be able to go into more detail ?

Feirefis

where is the question in this post this seems more like a suggestion
having trouble understand the point you are trying to get across would you be able to go into more detail ?
The question:
What is the game-engines target to make this buildings so different in sizes and same in good quality, so that finding one deposit on the map is luck and the other is really bad luck.
Please explain the strategy behind these large differences in good-buildings-efficiency.

DeletedUser24787

What is the game-engines target to make this buildings so different in sizes and same in good quality.

if your asking how are goods determined per player in each world i have no way of answering that. not seen a answer outside of RANDOM.

so that finding one deposit on the map is luck and the other is really bad luck.
in PE age you can get up to 3 boost if you progress far enough on the conti map i am also in PE and have progressed far enough to have the 3rd one unlocked you need to have progress on the CE map and take over province Salfah

do i use any of these boost for factories NOPE i have a different strategy for gathering goods daily. I rely on my GB , wishing wells, a assortment of special buildings (multiple cherry sets, tribal squares) on occasion i will use bazaar, masquerade ball, or terrace farms to make goods if and when needed outside of fp (who we kidding they only make fp ) i found it more practical for my gameplay to go this route vs production

i have no clue why some goods buildings vary in size some are made small like the paper mill in contrast to others that are almost as large as a GB.all you can really do is adjust your city to accommodate the factory of your choice with boosted good and produce the amt of goods you desire

space management is the true game

wolfhoundtoo

The question:
What is the game-engines target to make this buildings so different in sizes and same in good quality, so that finding one deposit on the map is luck and the other is really bad luck.
Please explain the strategy behind these large differences in good-buildings-efficiency.

If you are hoping to get an answer from Inno you won't be getting one. They don't answer in the forums. You might get a mod to respond but they are only players who volunteer their time.

As for the differences if you were able to consistently trade paper and get all of the other goods that you need that's pretty good......except in most cases (as defined as essentially me and my guildmates/friends from the 3 worlds I play) that isn't the way it usually works. You'll generally find that certain goods trade better than the other goods of the same age. As for trading up or down that will depend upon your guild and your friend lists and their needs and willingness to take those same goods repeatedly from you.

DeletedUser25273

While the 'Fair Trade' option suggests 1:1/2:1/1:2 ratios, and some guilds set up rules to establish these ratios, in actuality, if you only build the smaller buildings and try to trade for the larger building goods, you will find it harder to do than if you built the larger one too, because others do this so the goods from the larger building get rarer, and thus worth more.

Algona

My guild mates frequently fall into the 'small footprint' Goods building trap and wind up producing ridiculous quantities of Textiles and Paper.

Then there is the inevitable dozens of trades offering them. Which mostly go unfulfilled.

IMy guess, INNO made different size Goods building for the purposes of creating shortages within each Era of whichever Goods are produced in the larger buildings. This does give players the opportunity to take advantage of this, especially with the new hood shuffler.

DeletedUser8152

It is indeed an advantage in my experience to have boosts in the larger buildings, because those goods are typically easier to trade.