• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Rejected Goods Boost

LoveNkind

I like supply boosts. New players love coin boosts, and they can help with quests.
There are no goods boosts. That would give us more variety as events prizes and I think players would welcome them. It is possible that players would like a goods rush as well, although many advanced players have no goods buildings because we are drowning in goods from GB's and events buildings. But we could use the boosts for quests.

Ironrooster

As you progress up the ages, more and more goods are required. The goods buildings get larger, but still produce the same amount as the Bronze Age.

Event buildings also never increase the goods produced as the building is aged up.

So yes some kind of goods boost would be a welcome addition.

Ebeondi Asi

As mentioned there are already a Good boosting GB. The Chateau Frontenac, and for special Goods, The Ai Core,
As for Quests and Goods, trading is the main way to fulfill Quests that ask for goods. In Guild is free. If a player chooses to be in a dead Guild, or too small Guild that is his or her choice. Most Guilds even have a special thread for the quick trade for Quests etc.

Last edited:

Mor-Rioghain

Didn't have the opportunity to vote but had I been able, my vote would have been no.
It is possible that players would like a goods rush as well,
This did get my attention but I concur with the other posters that the existing method of obtaining goods through the trades on the open market or the relatively common Guild Loop Trades (Circle, Zero Gain) saving the expense of paying 1 fp per trade are more than sufficient to address this need.
although many advanced players have no goods buildings
Merely a matter of personal choice in city-planning. Many advanced players also still produce goods in Goods Buildings, Specialty Buildings, and Event Buildings. (I have 4 of 6 'advanced' cities, i.e., over 4 years old and ranging from Indy-AF, and still need to post trades from time to time to augment the goods procurred from GB boosts -- with no goods production outside of Event Items. It's not a quest challenge common only to new(er) players alone and is really just one more challenge in a very challenging game. I'd rather be challenged than have the AI do everything for me).

Ebeondi Asi

Quote: Many advanced players also still produce goods in Goods Buildings, Specialty Buildings, and Event Buildings

My three Cities are all in SAJM and each one makes about 2000 SAJM goods a day, plus some goods from SAV
In Beta there are some new item available in the next Event . (this may change before it is in the main game Worlds.)
"Finish Goods Production", "Finish All Goods Productions", "Finish Special Production" and "Finish All Special Productions

Last edited:

MKPapa

It is easy to solve all "gather xxx goods" quests for free if you are in a guild by doing circular trades.
Do not see why I would need the goods boost. It might be because of my play style though. I've never used coin or supply boosts yet either. Except in Tavern to complete "spend XXX tavern coins" quests.
I am active in events though, and do not build goods buildings anymore because event buildings generate enough goods for me. But for more relaxed players such a boost would make sense, and I would voted 'yes' if I was not late.

P.S. Another area where such a boost would be very helpful is Guild Treasury.
There are many guilds that have a core of active advanced players and still let novices join. Experienced players teach novices, help them advance, accept unfair trades to build Arc, etc. Such guilds can be easily hurt by low era goods shortage in their treasuries. The goods boost would let novices donate more low eras goods to treasury to improve their guild GbG chances, and as a result would increase such guild competiveness and might reduce intolerance of hardcore guilds to novices.

Last edited:

Mor-Rioghain

There are many guilds that have a core of active advanced players and still let novices join. Experienced players teach novices, help them advance, accept unfair trades to build Arc, etc. Such guilds can be easily hurt by low era goods shortage in their treasuries. The goods boost would let novices donate more low eras goods to treasury to improve their guild GbG chances, and as a result would increase such guild competiveness and might reduce intolerance of hardcore guilds to novices.
Not sure how a goods' boost would really address Treasury Needs as there is no way to guage personal deposits to treasury on the side of the company. This need has been addressed in the increasing number of event and settlement items that do a direct deposit of treasury goods. If a player is interested in continuing a supply of low(er) era goods to their guild's treasury they just don't need to level up the item with the one-up or reno kits and that item will continue to provide guild goods at whatever era the player was in when they finished topping it off.

Johnny B. Goode

there is no way to guage personal deposits to treasury on the side of the company.
I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I believe every guild member (and definitely any leader) has access to an "event history" type log of Treasury contributions, both from Treasury good GBs, event/special buildings, and through voluntary manual donations. If you go to the Treasury tab, and click on the three bars icon, it gives you access to that.

Mor-Rioghain

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I believe every guild member (and definitely any leader) has access to an "event history" type log of Treasury contributions, both from Treasury good GBs, event/special buildings, and through voluntary manual donations. If you go to the Treasury tab, and click on the three bars icon, it gives you access to that.
Good to mention on this thread as many players, esp. those who are mobile-primary, don't know that this function exists. I knew of the function; however, what I was actually addressing was the mechanic of a treasury-goods donation from something like an event or settlement item addressing the individual guild's needs as per @MKPapa scenario as described above. Thanks for mentioning it -- gives a clearer picuture.

MKPapa

Not sure how a goods' boost would really address Treasury Needs as there is no way to guage personal deposits to treasury on the side of the company.
You can donate your personal goods to the guild treasury. In the browser-based or Android UI you open your guild profile, click on treasury, and see the 'donate' button. I guess iOS version should behave the same way.

MKPapa

And speaking about treasury goods from event buildings and GB - my point was about high level guilds with novice players, who obviously do not have many event buildings or GBs.
My guild plays in DL almost always, and the only goods shortage we ever had was of IA goods, because we are always happy to let novices join, learn the game, build their Arc, etc. All we ask in return is very reasonable activity.

Mor-Rioghain

You can donate your personal goods to the guild treasury, in the browser-based UI you open your guild profile, click on treasury, and see the 'donate' button.
Yes, I stated so in my previous comment.
Not sure how a goods' boost would really address Treasury Needs as there is no way to guage personal deposits to treasury on the side of the company. This need has been addressed in the increasing number of event and settlement items that do a direct deposit of treasury goods. If a player is interested in continuing a supply of low(er) era goods to their guild's treasury they just don't need to level up the item with the one-up or reno kits and that item will continue to provide guild goods at whatever era the player was in when they finished topping it off.
To clarify the bolded text: The company (Inno) doesn't keep track of the deposits an individual contributor makes outside of the last five days of treasury donations listed in the Guild Contributions tab found only on the browser version of the game. Having said that, what I was addressing was this portion of the post:
I fail to see how such a proposal would address the issue of 'game balance' if it were, in fact, to be used to equate or reestablish a player-implemented imbalance. To my knowledge, the developers have never supported an idea or change that is built upon the in-game exchanges between players as described above. The game is designed to increase the yield of all resources, including goods, as the player navigates the eras. (I won't go into detail as this topic has been addressed umpteen times since the game's inception in their updates and here on this very forum).

The truth of it is that if a player who's acquired more goods due to regular advancement in the game chooses to augment the goods' needs of younger era or novice player, that is the player's choice and is hardly the responsibility of the developers to 'fix bad choices on the part of either player.' And honestly, if a guild is hurting that badly for goods to finance any effort such as Battlegrounds expenditures, that's just poor guild management. If they can't afford the Battlegrounds Buildings, they shouldn't build them. The feature is free and doesn't require any goods to play. It's only in the construction of the buildngs that goods even become an issue. This issue has been addressed time and time again and has been nixed so what possible incentive would the developers have to change that position based on your illustration? In my opinion, none.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

On my main world, my guild only accepts players at CA or above precisely for the reason that @MKPapa alludes to. I think that a goods boost item would be nearly useless to advanced era players, but I do see where they could be of benefit to early era ones.

Angel.

not on phone you cant sorry

MKPapa

The truth of it is that if a player who's acquired more goods due to regular advancement in the game chooses to augment the goods' needs of younger era or novice player, that is the player's choice and is hardly the responsibility of the developers to 'fix bad choices on the part of either player.' And honestly, if a guild is hurting that badly for goods to finance any effort such as Battlegrounds expenditures, that's just poor guild management. If they can't afford the Battlegrounds Buildings, they shouldn't build them. The feature is free and doesn't require any goods to play. It's only in the construction of the buildngs that goods even become an issue. This issue has been addressed time and time again and has been nixed so what possible incentive would the developers have to change that position based on your illustration? In my opinion, none.
Well, based on your logic, we should not have coin or supply boosts as well, because Inno should not 'fix bad choices on the part of either player' who fail to generate enough coins or supplies.
The proposed goods boost is just another boost, and I see its value not just for players, but for guilds as well.
And by the way, "a player who's acquired more goods due to regular advancement in the game" already have a no-fee tool to "to augment the goods' needs of younger era or novice player" - market for no-fee traders inside the guild.

Last edited:

Mor-Rioghain

Well, based on your logic, we should not have coin or supply boosts as well, because Inno should not 'fix bad choices on the part of either player' who fail to generate enough coins or supplies.
The proposed goods boost is just another boost, and I see its value not just for players, but for guilds as well.
Not really as goods can be traded between players but supplies and coins cannot.
And by the way, "a player who's acquired more goods due to regular advancement in the game" already have a no-fee tool to "to augment the goods' needs of younger era or novice player" - market for no-fee traders inside the guild.
I'm not sure what you mean by this unless you mean the ability to exchange goods between guildmates without the forge point charge.

Look, I admit that the concept of a goods boost is appealing, why wouldn't it be? No one really likes to have to wait. Since goods are one of five possible resources that can be acquired in the city (coins, supplies, goods, medals, and diamonds), by your measure we should be able to acquire a rush item for any or all of them, correct?

The premise behind your orginal argument was to rush goods production to satisfy a quest requirement. It might be difficult to obtain in a timely manner but the use of in-guild zero gain trades satisfies this requirement as does outright purchase of a market trade up to and including the choice of using the merchant if no player-posted trades in the desired eras exists. It might not be a palatable option but it does exhibit balance in the system: it might be difficult or improbably but it's not impossible.

Last edited: