• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Goods Era Questions

DeletedUser24216

As we move on to new or unlock a new Era. Should we delete our previous Era Goods building? Like the good deposit building or should we keep them throughout the Era?

DeletedUser8152

It is up to you. Usually I try to keep goods buildings until I feel sure I have enough goods from them, but sometimes you need to make space for something new. A nice thing is that re-building an old goods building later is pretty easy because the population and coin/supply costs are a lot lower relative to what you have later.

If it helps, here is a summary of the tech tree goods requirements:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4880-Goods-Buildings-amp-Tech-Tree-Requirements
(second post)

DeletedUser9732

The tech tree goods requirements is a good resource. Until you get into more complicated goods scenarios (Modern and above), you need the goods from an era for 3 ages past. So, for example, you need Iron Age goods to progress in the tech tree up through the Late Middle Ages.

Another thing to consider is goods required for building any Great Buildings of the era you're leaving, if you're interested in them.

Generally, I find myself with around 3 ages worth of goods buildings at any time, depending on how fast I've been moving through the ages.

Mustapha00

Traxxed is obviously a good bit further along in game than I am, but I follow his thought process here, if only to the degree of 2 eras and then I'll only have one of the two goods producing buildings for which I have the associated resource up and running. i find I need the population in order to produce current and one-back era goods.

DeletedUser13838

I find it hard to produce goods in more than 1 era ME and up. Once you are at or past modern era your GBs (and WWs) produce goods from 3 eras below you. Suppose you are PME and want to produce PME and ME goods. Your GBs and WWs will produce industrial goods which should be relatively easy to trade for the industrial goods you need. You will need to obtain or make the colonial goods needed to produce ME goods. If you want to produce a lot of goods then you will need to do a lot of trading to support it.

DeletedUser10517

As we move on to new or unlock a new Era. Should we delete our previous Era Goods building? Like the good deposit building or should we keep them throughout the Era?

The best piece of advice I ever received was to always Upgrade Goods buildings ASAP and Trade down for what you need.

I have found this invaluable......as have the majority of my guild. As a result, we have a fit to bursting Treasury, theres never any waiting to unlock Techs and GBs, and we get the very best rates for every square.

You could make 30 iron age a day or 30 HMA a day......I know which I would pick.

If you have trouble trading those down, find a better guild with dedicated merchants.

DeletedUser27112

Modern era.....
the game tells me I can build a concrete plant but the main ingredient is wire..... My GOODS tree says I don't have a wire building and can't make it , but says the reason I can make concrete is I have a stone goods building but when I run out of wire I have to trade for it....... Why????
Now I make paper goods building but the game tells me I cant have packaging goods building because I don't make paper or the secondary material lumber...
This is confusing the goods buildings I have the primary goods for the games says I can't have and the one I don't have the primary goods for the game says to make this is only on my Arvahall Map all other maps let me build modern era goods if I have the primary goods for the building

DeletedUser28970

Use the Tech Tree table: Goods required across the Tech Tree
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/goods-buildings-tech-tree-requirements.4880/

I like the spreadsheet table best ...

As one can plainly see you are required to have/use items from a total of 4 ages. No matter which age you are currently in. Make life simple. Keep at least 3 goods building pairs and just rotate the oldest set out every time you advance an age. Of course you could have only one set in your city and just pester your guild-mates (those that DO have the buildings) to freakin' death for goods trades on a daily basis ... they really do love you for that ... really.

(before the rabid dawgs come nipping: yes, I am totally wrong. Having only one set is the next best thing since sliced bread. I'm totally wrong.)
:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The ultimate solution to the Modern Era and up goods dilemma is to have all possible goods-producing GBs. Starting in Modern Era, they will produce the unrefined (earlier age) goods you will need to produce current era goods with goods buildings.