• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Goods Trading

67Sage101

Why does is seem everyone is so deadset on 1:2 goods trades up and down ages? I used to see it that way when I was using production buildings that cost coins and production but ever since I got goods buildings that make hundreds daily, I'm not sure why IND goods should sell at double the rate of CA goods or 1/2 the rate of PE goods. Why do people seem to enforce 2:1 long after they are getting 500 to 1000 a day or more. If you wait 24 hours to get 500 CE goods why is that worth 250 IND goods after the same 24 hour collection ??

Ebeondi Asi

Just the way it is. In the past some argued for a different basis, but that has died off. The game has that as the 'rule' and nearly everyone just accepts it. I have traded hundreds of thousands up meaning I give two to get one of the next higher Era, no problem. Ditto offer one get two down.
I'm very glad the alternate trading scheme died, good riddance.
Plus you are still free to offer anything you want within the structure between two to one one to two, but Era can be more than one era. Usually trades that offer more get snapped up. usually trades that offer less linger, unless some drunken player picks them up in error.

Last edited:
People follow the 2:1 standard because it’s a very simple rule that doesn’t require a calculator. That being said, some will use the Fair Trade Calculator, and there’s all sorts of different ratios people use. Some people don’t care about the current age goods that they hold, and are willing to take on very unfair trades even without FP on their buildings. Guild leaders might ask goods merchants to fetch goods from a certain age for GBG, and will accept very unfair trades of like 2 CE goods for 1 SAAB good. I know one player on my friends list who does 1:1 of any age to VF goods, and he used the exact same reasoning as you did.

wolfhoundtoo

It comes down to supply and demand really. If they can get 2 goods for the 1 good they are trading down soon enough for their needs why would they offer a 1 to 1?

Been a long time since I've seen anyone go to that trouble. Heck, 2:1/1:2 between between 2 eras seems to be most common now (in the earlier era's favor).
It's highly guild-dependent to be honest. There's a couple of top guilds in T that post the link to the Fair Trade Calculator in the description. Given that the FoE goods market is nowhere close to a perfectly competitive market in economics terms, there's a lot of cool things you can do.

Kranyar the Mysterious

It's highly guild-dependent to be honest. There's a couple of top guilds in T that post the link to the Fair Trade Calculator in the description. Given that the FoE goods market is nowhere close to a perfectly competitive market in economics terms, there's a lot of cool things you can do.
There are always the hang-on-ers that are behind the curve. I'm still in a 1.85 thread from a former guild where people post their yummy buildings up all the time. One of the top people in my hood still has a number of Ziggurats.

Nushka1

What annoys me is when people post 20 offers for the same good at a 20-10 ratio. It makes more sense to post a higher offering say 100-50 just a couple of times. They don't understand it costs a fp every trade and many people want higher trade values.

Ebeondi Asi

If you are in a large Guild those trades are free. There is an advantage to size. I agree the right size trade matters. Too small or too big is not going to be taken. Size should go up as Era goes up. Backwhere I parked in HMA for a very long time, 30 to 60 was good. In Future 100 200 or 200 400 can be good.