• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Grand Bridge Bridging

Can the Grand Bridge be changed to work with the roads like an actual bridge. I am lining up "buildings" with water i.e. the ship, gondola dock & grand bridge to look like a river running thru my city but I don't want to break up the effect with a road running across it. It would be nice to have my road run up to one end of the bridge and continue on the other side and be connected by the bridge.

Captain Christian

Can the Grand Bridge be changed to work with the roads like an actual bridge. I am lining up "buildings" with water i.e. the ship, gondola dock & grand bridge to look like a river running thru my city but I don't want to break up the effect with a road running across it. It would be nice to have my road run up to one end of the bridge and continue on the other side and be connected by the bridge.
This would be too difficult to implement. Also, it would count as D.N.S.L. +1 for effort though.

Cured Meat

I also remember a similar question during one of the live feeds and the Dev's clearly stating that the buildings are fronts only, and they would have to design a back to every building they have. plus I think this is like #2 on the DNSL.

Nicholas002

I also remember a similar question during one of the live feeds and the Dev's clearly stating that the buildings are fronts only, and they would have to design a back to every building they have. plus I think this is like #2 on the DNSL.
I think you are talking about rotating buildings? that is another topic...

DevaCat

I do recall a proposal quite some time ago about this. Was a neat idea but technically would have been a bear -- ie how to accomodate moving objects and currently static objects like a special building. Would like to have seen the little people crossing the Bridge though.

BruteForceAttack

Inno would have to fundamentally change the definition of what a road is. e.g. in your case a GB connected only to a grand bridge should be as good as connected to road.. IDK if Inno wants to commit resources required to do that kinda of fundamental change to the game... nice regurgitated idea..but why would inno do it ?? Can you plan your city with extra roads so that even though the grand bridge is in the middle of roads your city is not impacted?