• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GREEDY Inno,...

Miljenko2

I take it you haven't played many games outside of FoE?
I do not need to play single "free online game" , to understand how does it work. Developer can introduce annual membership to cover cost, but moving game forward like this puts player in position....must spent $$$ to stay afloat. That is "cheating" (tricks) from developer!

Pericles the Lion

I do not need to play single "free online game" , to understand how does it work. Developer can introduce annual membership to cover cost, but moving game forward like this puts player in position....must spent $$$ to stay afloat. That is "cheating" (tricks) from developer!
I must have missed the memo. I'm not spending money to "stay afloat". F2P remains possible. :cool:

Emberguard

but moving game forward like this puts player in position....must spent $$$ to stay afloat.

If you're of the belief you require money as a player to "stay afloat" that has a heavy implication that you must be struggling with the mechanics somewhere.

Is there anything specific you're having trouble with and would like advice on how to improve your position as a Free-to-Play Player, using only Free-to-Play options? Or at the very least, when you say "stay afloat" what exactly do you mean by "stay afloat"? What's the goal you're trying to achieve with that?

If you don't want advice that's fine, but if you are struggling and want help now would be a good time to speak up on how we could help you.

Miljenko2

How can you help me?
Free-to-Play or "be competitive"? Do I play chess just to move pieces around on board, or to defeat opponent?
I am founder and leader of the Alcatraz, 3-member guild that is ranked in Arwahall at range #20-50, like to play GbG diamond league. To "float" diamond league guild needs at least 2400 hits /day or 800 hits per player per day! Brutal math. 800 hits is (at 20% rate) attrition 160! That is 7500% penalty! If you are in SAT, city need offensive boost of 5400/5200 min (1.4 X rate). Can you achieve this boost in Free-to-Pay mode?
If I (continue to) develop my city by Free-to-Pay mode, I and my guild will ONLY DECLINE (not advance or stay the same) in gbg-ranking! Is there anything else that this game is worth time and playing! Not for me, gbg-diamonds is all!
So, Inno figure out how to extract extra $$$ from those (including me) who want to stay "competitive"! PAY-TO-PLAY, or stop playing!

Sharmon the Impaler

How can you help me?
Free-to-Play or "be competitive"? Do I play chess just to move pieces around on board, or to defeat opponent?
I am founder and leader of the Alcatraz, 3-member guild that is ranked in Arwahall at range #20-50, like to play GbG diamond league. To "float" diamond league guild needs at least 2400 hits /day or 800 hits per player per day! Brutal math. 800 hits is (at 20% rate) attrition 160! That is 7500% penalty! If you are in SAT, city need offensive boost of 5400/5200 min (1.4 X rate). Can you achieve this boost in Free-to-Pay mode?
If I (continue to) develop my city by Free-to-Pay mode, I and my guild will ONLY DECLINE (not advance or stay the same) in gbg-ranking! Is there anything else that this game is worth time and playing! Not for me, gbg-diamonds is all!
So, Inno figure out how to extract extra $$$ from those (including me) who want to stay "competitive"! PAY-TO-PLAY, or stop playing!
A 3 member guild is NOT a diamond league guild , that is obvious. This is completely on you to either build up your guild to have enough players to be competive or don't be competitive. There is NO WAY that Inno will make a championship that can be won by the smallest non solo guild in FOE. 3 man hockey teams don't play in the Stanley Cup either.

Emberguard

I am founder and leader of the Alcatraz, 3-member guild

This is a mass-multiplayer size game, therefore the most important resource is playing alongside other players on the same team. No amount of money would help that small of a Guild win. It just wouldn’t change how fast you can hit a sector enough to provide a win against a competitive opponent.

To be competitive you’re going to want a minimum of 20 players online each time you’re taking a tile. Ideally you want as close to 80 active players as possible, but 20 is a starting point. That’s going to create a ton of lag, but you’ll capture the province fairly quick.

If you are in SAT, city need offensive boost of 5400/5200 min (1.4 X rate). Can you achieve this boost in Free-to-Pay mode

Yes. Absolutely. I’m confident given enough time and strategy I could reach 6k / 8k in red, and 4k / 11k in blue for SAT using only what’s currently in the game without spending any money. That’s only going to increase as new buildings get released with more effective stats

The fastest way to get there will be through any building that generates offspring buildings and ensuring you keep updating your town with whatever you can get your hands on. The more you can diversify that strategy with each coming Event the faster it’ll become.

When Fellowship Event comes back round, if you can get yourself Sunhaven Palaces, or the Jester Stage, get those. That will help speed things up exponentially in the long run due to the Finish Special.

Same sort of deal with the Soccer Event. If you can get the Aegeon Resort when that comes back round, that’ll speed up your growth with the Finish Special.

Any Event that offers an opportunity to spawn a building that provides Finish Special is a building you ”should” be going after. Granted only 1% of players will be able to get into Gold League. So if you were after Gold League buildings you’d want to make sure you‘ve saved up enough diamonds before dumping it all in trying to reach Gold.

Even without the Gold League spawner, just 1 Sunhaven Palace coupled with the Blue Galaxy at lvl 91 will net you 18 Jesters Stage over the course of a year, providing two Finish Specials per day that can be used on anything to increase your overall rate of growth

Chateau Frontenac is probably the most effective tool a Free-to-Play player has for generating diamonds prior to reaching Titan. It’s unclear what Space Age Hub will bring, so if you’re already in Titan (and not starting any other worlds just to go through Quests) the next best thing is probably the Seed Vault for Diamond generation.

If you’re able to reach the top 500 of your world in PvP Arena and stay there that would provide a weekly chance at some diamonds. That will definitely take a bunch of Medals to achieve, and be dependent on how active your world is for how easy or difficult that is to obtain.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

If you're of the belief you require money as a player to "stay afloat" that has a heavy implication that you must be struggling with the mechanics somewhere.
This was true before they started putting unique buildings in the "cash only" prize lines. No longer. Of course, that depends on your definition of "stay afloat", as a certain former President might say. ;) (Purely meant to be humorous, not political. I actually liked that President.)

Ebeondi Asi

I stopped playing the Events for money. Really have not played the last three. I'm staying afloat easily though. I may be able to skip a few more before start being 'weak'. I was keeping up with top players in my Worlds but now am falling behind. (Don't care)
I am saving my pennies.. ;)

UBERhelp1

This was true before they started putting unique buildings in the "cash only" prize lines. No longer. Of course, that depends on your definition of "stay afloat", as a certain former President might say. ;) (Purely meant to be humorous, not political. I actually liked that President.)
There aren't any unique buildings in the event passes right now. They seem to have stopped doing that.

Emberguard

I stopped playing the Events for money. Really have not played the last three. I'm staying afloat easily though. I may be able to skip a few more before start being 'weak'. I was keeping up with top players in my Worlds but now am falling behind. (Don't care)
I am saving my pennies.. ;)

Yeah.

If my goal was simply to stay afloat I'd be looking at what's the lowest possible bar of success, and then work out from there how far I need to move the bar up to be satisfied with the result ('cause who's going to want to play without adding new Events or Great Buildings indefinitely? Not many)

If my goal was to thrive using all available resources at my disposal for the best possible outcome (to the degree I believe I'm able to handle) then I would definitely want to complete every Event released.