• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Group chat for "friends list"

DevaCat

I want to post trades with my friends. get help in planting a GB, solicit guild membership, etc.
Not to single you out personally, but I play mobile and if anyone on my friends list started spamming group messages they would not be on my list very long.

For any of the reasons you give there are other ways to solve your issues including sending pms, asking in global chat, finding a decent guild and so on. In my cities I am in multiple 1.x leveling threads; the last thing I need is an unsolicited message wanting me to contribute to someone’s gb - unless we had previously been in pm contact to arrange it.

I am in global trading threads, which costs fps but are handy for some purposes. Better is to be in a guild with an active goods trading thread as its cost free. Why would I want to take someone’s small trade and pay to do it? And if someone wants to recruit, let a guild leader at least send a pm, not some group blast.

I mention all this because your desire has been voiced many times before, and these are some of the reasons you will face resistance by many pc players.

The Lady Redneck

I can think of several reasons. Offer spots on GBs, offer goods trades, request goods, ask to take spots on their GBs,, etc.
I want to post trades with my friends. get help in planting a GB, solicit guild membership, etc.
All things that are Spam and would have me snipe your GBs if I could and boot you from my FL. And if you were in my hood I would then attack and plunder you. You need to LEARN the benefit of being an active member in a good guild, and not someone who simply wants everything handed to them on a plate.

That does not mean you have to be in a top dog guild. just a good guild., I play it 2 worlds. One I am in #1 hard fighting, very busy guild. The other I am in an open door, easy going, play as you want (as long as you actively take part and communicate) guild. In neither guild do I need to be a member of an outside 1.9 thread, go begging for help to build a new GB, beg for goods, or spots on GBs etc. But I am required to communicate with other guild members and management in the threads and do my bit in return to help others in the guild.

Pericles the Lion

All things that are Spam and would have me snipe your GBs if I could and boot you from my FL. And if you were in my hood I would then attack and plunder you. You need to LEARN the benefit of being an active member in a good guild, and not someone who simply wants everything handed to them on a plate.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I would not have a problem with a friend sending me a group message for any of the reasons mentioned. I don't mind helping, or being helped by, folks outside of my guild. To each their own though.