• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser40577

You can speed up the communication by abbreviating the sector names. A2 Sladisk Icro could simply be posted in guild chat as A2 S.
We do this as well. We do quite a few things to try to be well organized -- I believe we are ahead of the curve. I just believe the copy paste feature is a great time saver, confusion reducer, and would make the management easier (thus helping bring more members, and more guilds into the frey).

DeletedUser7406

Suggestions:
A. Allow Mouseover to view Sector Information. (at the very least the Sector number and Name; Example: B3:Y)
Similar to GVG sectors.
We communicate through chat the Sectors to take or hold at 90%.
Should not have to click on every sector to find the one you want.

B. Add Attack/Defense logs like GVG to see who is fighting.
Better communication and coordination in Guild member support.

Freyja 99999

Would like to see the following improvements in the battlegrounds:
1) Have the log register who launches the initial attack on a province
2) Having the ability to delete an attack on a province
3) Having a method where you initiate an attack, delete it, and then re-instate it at a later time to continue the attack. This is frequently called "ticking down" in GVG.
\

DeletedUser40996

Would like to see the following improvements in the battlegrounds:
1) Have the log register who launches the initial attack on a province
3) Having a method where you initiate an attack, delete it, and then re-instate it at a later time to continue the attack. This is frequently called "ticking down" in GVG.
\
Then go play GvG instead of asking INNO to make GbG and GvG EXACTLY the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There is absolutely no point in doing this.
Yeah, this isn't GvG. And again, there is no point to such actions in GBG. Why would you suggest deleting progress that won't disappear? If you want to break off the attack and then resume it later, why not resume it later without having lost the original progress? Honestly, some of these "suggestions" make no sense in GBG. Let me repeat: This isn't GvG.

Raymora

There seems to be a very vocal minority in here that are against any kind of requested controls. Answers like "hell no!", "go back to gvg", "we have comments from a top ten guild again" are not useful. If your goal is to stifle us, then you're simply trolling.

The goal of this thread is for INNO to get comments from players as the game goes active on production servers. We can discuss the merits from our point of view in a reasonable fashion or we might as well close the thread.

I keep hearing the argument that we should communicate with our guild mates. In fact, this is what we're trying to do. Communication is the transfer of an idea from 1 person to another. Part of the communication process is feedback. It's used to verify the idea was transferred and understood correctly. As any guild leader knows, it's often hard to get feedback from some members. If we are in a guild that wants to win, we apply strategy and we work together. When something is done that doesn't follow the plan like:
- someone still fighting when we've given the signal to stop
- someone starts hitting province that we do not intend to take etc
we have only one avenue for communication. Talk to the whole guild asking "who's still fighting, please stop", "who started a battle on xx" etc. When no feedback is given, people sometimes get heated. All caps come out. Comments become sharp. The whole guild is affected.

With logs that have been asked for, we can find out who and talk to them in private. We can work on the communication and ensure the idea is transferred effectively. We can post in the main thread "I'm talking to so and so right now" if needed. It would make for a more pleasant time for all guild members in a guild that wants to win.

That's what this is - a game. Battlegrounds have winners and losers. I hear a lot of arguments from the few vocal people here complaining about top 10 guiilds. Face the facts. There are leaderboards for players and guilds. There is a leaderboard for a season in Battlegrounds and each battle has a winner and a loser.

That's what the game is.

If you choose not to use the requested logs, it doesn't affect you. Some of us would like permissions to allow guildies to set the first battle on a province. The argument was that others did not want to have to give out those permissions. That's a valid argument, although it could have been made in a more reasonable way. That would be up to INNO to decide.

If INNO decided not to implement that change, that would be fine, but I did mention 1 other. Allow us the ability to kill a siege or, if you don't like me calling it a siege, maybe call it remove the banner. If anyone can start taking a province, we need to be able to stop one that has been started in the wrong place. We're the only ones that lose. We've wasted attacks, gained attrition and gained nothing else.

Let's try this again to have a reasonable discussion.

DeletedUser40996

There seems to be a very vocal minority in here that are against any kind of requested controls. Answers like "hell no!", "go back to gvg", "we have comments from a top ten guild again" are not useful. If your goal is to stifle us, then you're simply trolling.

The goal of this thread is for INNO to get comments from players as the game goes active on production servers. We can discuss the merits from our point of view in a reasonable fashion or we might as well close the thread.

I keep hearing the argument that we should communicate with our guild mates. In fact, this is what we're trying to do. Communication is the transfer of an idea from 1 person to another. Part of the communication process is feedback. It's used to verify the idea was transferred and understood correctly. As any guild leader knows, it's often hard to get feedback from some members. If we are in a guild that wants to win, we apply strategy and we work together. When something is done that doesn't follow the plan like:
we have only one avenue for communication. Talk to the whole guild asking "who's still fighting, please stop", "who started a battle on xx" etc. When no feedback is given, people sometimes get heated. All caps come out. Comments become sharp. The whole guild is affected.

With logs that have been asked for, we can find out who and talk to them in private. We can work on the communication and ensure the idea is transferred effectively. We can post in the main thread "I'm talking to so and so right now" if needed. It would make for a more pleasant time for all guild members in a guild that wants to win.

That's what this is - a game. Battlegrounds have winners and losers. I hear a lot of arguments from the few vocal people here complaining about top 10 guiilds. Face the facts. There are leaderboards for players and guilds. There is a leaderboard for a season in Battlegrounds and each battle has a winner and a loser.

That's what the game is.

If you choose not to use the requested logs, it doesn't affect you. Some of us would like permissions to allow guildies to set the first battle on a province. The argument was that others did not want to have to give out those permissions. That's a valid argument, although it could have been made in a more reasonable way. That would be up to INNO to decide.

If INNO decided not to implement that change, that would be fine, but I did mention 1 other. Allow us the ability to kill a siege or, if you don't like me calling it a siege, maybe call it remove the banner. If anyone can start taking a province, we need to be able to stop one that has been started in the wrong place. We're the only ones that lose. We've wasted attacks, gained attrition and gained nothing else.

Let's try this again to have a reasonable discussion.

Logs are one thing wanting to actually FORCE unnecessary controls on 1000's of smaller guilds that don't necessarily have the leaders/founders on 24/7 is totally different . GbG IS NOT = TO GbG . It's supposed to be designed so ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE AT ANY TIME not just when the "leaders" say so .

Oh and you speak of "Wasted" attacks . they're not really wasted unless you get what you want which is the ability to remove a flag

Raymora

Logs are one thing wanting to actually FORCE unnecessary controls on 1000's of smaller guilds that don't necessarily have the leaders/founders on 24/7 is totally different . GbG IS NOT = TO GbG . It's supposed to be designed so ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE AT ANY TIME not just when the "leaders" say so .

Oh and you speak of "Wasted" attacks . they're not really wasted unless you get what you want which is the ability to remove a flag

1. We don't keep people from fighting when they come on. We mostly have someone guiding where to attack to best benefit the guild at that time. For other times, we have a posted guideline they can follow with the understanding that they may see a better target and they have the ok to start hitting that target. They then leave a note of what they did. It's going quite well. The first day had some issues and from what I hear many had the same first day how does this work moment.
2. If we're actively fighting with someone leading the charge for that 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or whatever, we're posting the plan, posting where to hit, the next to hit etc. When doing that, there have been a couple times where a battle starts on another province. The logs would help find who to talk to rather than the dance I described in my post.
3. This is not forcing unnecessary controls on anyone in the guild. We are a group with the same goal. Everyone does their part often in different ways. Suddenly those who don't normally fight are coming out to fight now. They're usually more concerned that their battles were wasted on a target we don't intend to take than just wanting to hit where they feel like it.
4. The attacks are wasted since they have met or are close to meeting the limits of their attrition.
5. How does the available logs and the ability to delete a siege force unnecessary controls on 1000's of smaller guilds?

Your use of caps is really not helpful. I am glad that you kept from adding multiple ?'s and/or !'s at the end of sentences though. Thank you.

DeletedUser36385

My feedback for Battleground is that it quickly becomes boring. At least with GE when you win a battle you go to the next step or level, you see progress. With GB you don’t get that satisfaction. You get to do it again and again and again and again and thats all. At minimum you do it again 70 times before you win. Most players can’t do that so other guild members need to help just for one little piece of win. And what’s worse is this lasts for TEN DAYS! So it quickly becomes tedious, boring, ho hum, what’s the purpose. It might be more exciting if I was fighting another player live but I’m fighting a computer program and it’s BORING. I’ll stick with GE. It’s a little more exciting, a lot faster paced, and I can see faster results.

Raymora

My feedback for Battleground is that it quickly becomes boring. At least with GE when you win a battle you go to the next step or level, you see progress. With GB you don’t get that satisfaction. You get to do it again and again and again and again and thats all. At minimum you do it again 70 times before you win. Most players can’t do that so other guild members need to help just for one little piece of win. And what’s worse is this lasts for TEN DAYS! So it quickly becomes tedious, boring, ho hum, what’s the purpose. It might be more exciting if I was fighting another player live but I’m fighting a computer program and it’s BORING. I’ll stick with GE. It’s a little more exciting, a lot faster paced, and I can see faster results.

You're absolutely right that any 1 individual can start battling a province, but it's almost impossible for them to win that battle themselves. GB is guilds fighting guilds and the only way to get satisfaction is to coordinate with 1 or more others to finish the fight.

If you came on and there was a banner up with 40/50/60 wins, you could continue hitting it. If it hadn't been taken yet, someone could come along and get the last battle in giving some satisfaction. You also get satisfaction from the rewards you possibly get from each win.

If your guild isn't organized in some fashion, it would be like playing rockem sockem robots, but rarely being able to get the ko. That's something INNO will have to decide. What exactly GB is meant to be. Whatever it is, it's more inclusive than GvG, but still won't be everyone's cup of tea.

DeletedUser40996

1. We don't keep people from fighting when they come on. We mostly have someone guiding where to attack to best benefit the guild at that time. For other times, we have a posted guideline they can follow with the understanding that they may see a better target and they have the ok to start hitting that target. They then leave a note of what they did. It's going quite well. The first day had some issues and from what I hear many had the same first day how does this work moment.

Others have suggested that only founders / leaders be able to start new sectors that's the kind of unnecessary control I'm talking about as that might work in a very large guild but it won't work in a smaller one

2. If we're actively fighting with someone leading the charge for that 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or whatever, we're posting the plan, posting where to hit, the next to hit etc. When doing that, there have been a couple times where a battle starts on another province. The logs would help find who to talk to rather than the dance I described in my post.

Logs are a totally different thing from what others have suggested in that only Founders / Leaders be the only ones able to plant a "new" flag

3. This is not forcing unnecessary controls on anyone in the guild. We are a group with the same goal. Everyone does their part often in different ways. Suddenly those who don't normally fight are coming out to fight now. They're usually more concerned that their battles were wasted on a target we don't intend to take than just wanting to hit where they feel like it.

Again this is where communication is important rather than only have 1 or 2 people able to start new fights which is what I have a problem with

4. The attacks are wasted since they have met or are close to meeting the limits of their attrition.

That's on each individual though . If they can't be bothered to communicate with the guild then they should suffer the consequences

5. How does the available logs and the ability to delete a siege force unnecessary controls on 1000's of smaller guilds?
Because wanting to "Delete" a flag is just a dumb idea .

DeletedUser41212

Personally I'm disappointed in GBG and am not going to bother with it. I'm in CA and my military gets hammered badly and attack and defense boosts have little effect. Maybe down the road I might try again but doubtful.

DeletedUser

Seriously, what is the issue with this? It literally costs the guild nothing. Period. End of story. In GvG it costs the guild goods, but THIS ISN'T GVG. It costs the guild nothing and the player can get rewards from it, so why should the guild have any control over it? Just because it doesn't fit your "strategy" is a poor reason because, again, this isn't GvG. It doesn't work the same way, guild strategies are fine, but they don't have to be as restrictive as in GvG because the dynamics are completely...completely... different. Players fighting/negotiating where they want has absolutely no effect on other members or on the guild as a whole.
So what? It doesn't cost you anything! And it doesn't have anything to do with being a top ten guild, it has to do with trying to bring the GvG controlling mindset to GBG. I don't know how many times it has to be said, but GBG is not GvG. One of the things I like about GBG is that if I'm in a guild and want to participate, I don't have to follow the guild leaders' rigid rules about what can and cannot be done. At least half the time when I found myself in a GvG guild, I couldn't participate even though I wanted to, simply because you were only allowed to fight when and where the leaders said. And the when was never convenient, and their control over who could start a siege (which is appropriate there) meant I couldn't meant the where was irrelevant because I couldn't fight even when I could be online. If most of the guild listens to you, what difference does it make if one or two do their own thing? None. And if most of the guild doesn't listen to you, then your problem isn't control, it's leadership.

DeletedUser7406

FORCE unnecessary controls ... It's supposed to be designed so ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE AT ANY TIME not just when the "leaders" say so .
Tell that to any leader of a competitive Guild, and you may find yourself on vacation.
In most Guilds you need permission to breathe. They will remind you that no one forces you to stay and you are welcome to start your own Guild.
And you must complete GE in 24 hours or less.

barra370804

Tell that to any leader of a competitive Guild, and you may find yourself on vacation.
In most Guilds you need permission to breathe. They will remind you that no one forces you to stay and you are welcome to start your own Guild.
And you must complete GE in 24 hours or less.
I don't know about most guilds... In my guild (top 20) we are very relaxed, which probably helps us do better more than being bossy would