• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser14197

If I understand correctly you get rewards for spots 1 thru 5 and not for spots 6 and 7. They made the rewards so that they go from smaller to greater from the lowest league to the highest. Therefore if I am understanding correctly for example you might actually fight alot more than another guild in a lower league who wins rewards and yet end up with nothing because you came in 6th. I already thought ut was boring repeating the same battles over and over and over again. Now I feel like it is unfair. When 5th and 6th spot are close like they are for us this time it seems like one of us has totally wasted our time. Am I missing something? The personal rewards are totally now worth the boredom and the resources let alone the time. Is there something that makes it worth it if you come in 6th. I enjoy expedition more so will just quit Guild battlements unless I need battles fir a quest.

DeletedUser29726

If your guild is active you never wind up with nothing. Even 8th gets a reward that's higher than 1st in the league 1 lower provided they meet the minimum for activity (40 advances). Of course 8th will soon *be* in that lower league if they don't do better.

Lannister the Rich

If I understand correctly you get rewards for spots 1 thru 5 and not for spots 6 and 7. They made the rewards so that they go from smaller to greater from the lowest league to the highest. Therefore if I am understanding correctly for example you might actually fight alot more than another guild in a lower league who wins rewards and yet end up with nothing because you came in 6th. I already thought ut was boring repeating the same battles over and over and over again. Now I feel like it is unfair. When 5th and 6th spot are close like they are for us this time it seems like one of us has totally wasted our time. Am I missing something? The personal rewards are totally now worth the boredom and the resources let alone the time. Is there something that makes it worth it if you come in 6th. I enjoy expedition more so will just quit Guild battlements unless I need battles fir a quest.
All spots get rewards provided the guild participated enough to get one territory. You get FPs, diamonds, and fragments of the statue of honor for participating which the SoH at level 5 is worth 2 times an SoK for the space and requires no mo/po

Last edited:

DeletedUser14197

Thanks for the responses. I totally was not getting the rewards. For some reason I thought only the 1st 5 spots got a reward. I don't know why I thought that. The way it is is fair. It is still boring to me but at least there is a reward for it. It would really help if one could have preselected armies one could click on but to have to click 8 times to get rid of one army than click to gst to the units you want and have to click 8 times to add them and then after a battle or 2 have to change back to the 1st army. After another battle or 2 you change again. It has really gotten old. But thanks for the explanation. I finally understand

DeletedUser30312

I don't care if bad sieges mess up alliances. That's a communication problem within the guilds. The only real problem with bad sieges is when guild members waste effort trying to take useless sectors. It hasn't been a serious problem in the two guilds where I've been doing GBG though, mostly the guild members have been following the leads of the most active members.

Salsuero

The only real problem with bad sieges is when guild members waste effort trying to take useless sectors.

That's a feature that allows guid members to get individual rewards without having to rely on leaders to set sieges first. It's not necessarily useless to the individual. If guilds wanna wrangle members into a collective effort... that's on the guild to manage. I appreciate the fact that our members can do whatever they want once the results have been determined late in the tournament and don't have to rely on leaders to keep going in and setting sieges so they have something to do for those rewards. I definitely wouldn't wanna see this changed.

DeletedUser37655

My Guild and I have gotten 1st place in the last 2 Battlegrounds. However we have not received any guild power, I call them crowns. What's up? If we're not going to get anything out of it, what's the point?

DeletedUser37581

My Guild and I have gotten 1st place in the last 2 Battlegrounds. However we have not received any guild power, I call them crowns. What's up? If we're not going to get anything out of it, what's the point?
Is your guild level still the same as it was before Battlegrounds?

Vger

Check again in about an hour. Guild power is updated at reset, so points for the just concluded season haven't been credited yet.

It looks like you play in 2 worlds, W and Y. Your guild on both those worlds got a significant boost at the end of last season, on Nov. 26'th.
Which world and which guild do you think is not getting credit?

DeletedUser14847

I'm sorry if this has been asked.... but will Battlegrounds ever be "all worlds" matchups, and not just the same few guilds in the same world?

DeletedUser29726

I'm sorry if this has been asked.... but will Battlegrounds ever be "all worlds" matchups, and not just the same few guilds in the same world?

It's not planned. Some of the development team apparently really wanted it to be, but there were technical hurdles that caused it to be ruled out. Since they did want to do it though, it might be possible in the distant future if they figure out a good way to do so.

Darth Mole

Going to get real boring at the top of Z world.
2 rounds so far, 5 guilds in each 3/5 have been the same. So expect to see the same faces next time. It was all but wrapped up after 5 days with the places basically decided.

DeletedUser29726

Going to get real boring at the top of Z world.
2 rounds so far, 5 guilds in each 3/5 have been the same. So expect to see the same faces next time. It was all but wrapped up after 5 days with the places basically decided.

It'll change up eventually when there's more guilds near the top. There should be more than 1 group of diamond guilds eventually each week (say 4 or 5 actually). In each diamond group of 8, 2 guilds would be kicking back to platinum, and ~2 more would be coming up from platinum to join the diamond groups. About 15+ would be "max-diamond" each week from that many groups most likely and the question will be how they break the tie to form the two "max-diamond" groups.

Now granted if you're in that top group now, there's a high chance you're one of those guilds that's always going to be in a max diamond group. And instead you might get bored because of those 15+ "top" guilds each week, only 1-2 are any real threat to you and you only need a 4th place out of a group of 8 to stay there. It's not easy being on top ;)

DeletedUser37581

For the top 2-4 guilds in each world, there isn't going to be a lot of changes from season to season. For the next 5-20 guilds, they'll see some changes from season to season, but a lot of the same guilds frequently. For the vast majority of guilds, there will be almost no repeats from season to season and even seeing more than one or two guilds repeated over three months would be rare.

However, that doesn't mean that very competitive guild near the top can't improve their placement. For instance, they could add more members, or find ways to work with other guilds to take down the top guild, or build up the guild treasury to afford more siege camps. Lots of things can be done with some long-term planning.

DeletedUser30815

A question on SoH fragments has come up and I haven’t seen it covered so I offered to ask: is GBG participation required for SoH fragments to be awarded? We have a member who has never been active in GBG, yet she has 70 fragments. Please advise. Thank You! :)