• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser37581

Please don't encourage him I knew the inevitable result of GBG would be lots more tucker brag posts. Just not so soon.
If he's going to brag, he'll have to do a lot better than 70%. I've a guildmate that gave up after reaching 1300%.

Algona

If he's going to brag, he'll have to do a lot better than 70%. I've a guildmate that gave up after reaching 1300%.

All his brags to date have been about trivial stuff. That's the annoying part. Lord know what would happen if he ever accomplished anything noteworthy.

Meanwhile, back on topic

w00t! What a draw! My main city Guild is up against 5 of the top 10 Guilds in MK. What a rush! Fun times and much back and forth on the map.

I suspect there is gonna be a huge rush on powering any GB that even looks like it produces Goods, Guild Goods, combat, I betcha even VP sees an uptick in acquisition. 1 or more extra wins per day looks pretty good about now...

ODragon

I feel like GBG will consolidate some of the more savvy smaller GvG guilds into bigger ones in order to compete. Two 15 person guilds will not be able to do as much as 1 30 person guild (IMHO). Maybe I'm wrong?

ODragon

I suspect there is gonna be a huge rush on powering any GB that even looks like it produces Goods, Guild Goods, combat, I betcha even VP sees an uptick in acquisition. 1 or more extra wins per day looks pretty good about now...

I was thinking that about Stargazer. One age below direct goods (vs unrefined) sounds like it would be much more useful now.

DeletedUser29726

I just complete negotiations for sector several times that required EIGHT ITEMS so you are wrong...the more you negotiate the more items it requires.

8x is the multiplier. you can have no more than 6 options though (which is what determines the difficulty in successfully completing the negotiation).
To get to 8x multiplier you completed many encounters. It will reset to 1x at midnight (whether that negotiation is in the middle or outside doesn't affect the cost, only your attrition for having done so many).

DeletedUser29726

I feel like GBG will consolidate some of the more savvy smaller GvG guilds into bigger ones in order to compete. Two 15 person guilds will not be able to do as much as 1 30 person guild (IMHO). Maybe I'm wrong?

Smaller guilds are typically smaller because they want to be. Small active guilds will certainly be able to accomplish a lot. Larger active guilds will be able to do more of course. But eventually the matchmaking should get you to an appropriate spot where your competition is guilds you have a reasonable ability to compete against whether they're larger than you but less active or smaller than you but more active.

DeletedUser31191

Question: what if guild members do not participate in Guild Battlegrounds do they still receive rewards?

DeletedUser29726

They still receive end of season awards as long as the guild itself was active enough is my impression.

DeletedUser41471

A guild with 15 very strong members who all have really high att/def boosts because they've power leveled CdM/CoA/Zeus/TA will be able to go further than a guild with 15 very weak members who are all new to the game with almost no att/def boost, so no, it doesn't just come down to guild size.
Obviously you have no understanding of how this part of the game is played.... A weaker city plays weaker cp units... Power of the individual city has bearing on how far one can go... And when you calculate the attrition factor into play guild size has everything to do with it... If you can't understand this please don't bother responding... It's pointless to try and walk a donkey under water....

DeletedUser41471

So far, so good! I'm enjoying GBG.

Please don't encourage him I knew the inevitable result of GBG would be lots more tucker brag posts. Just not so soon.

Yo! Mods! Amy chance we can get all those shoved into one thread?

Maybe because that status and prizes should be earned instead of given away at release?

All three of my worlds the Guilds are about the same size.

How does the 15 player Guild Rank compared to the biggest Guild wrt to overall Guild Rank,GvG, and GE?
All top 100 guilds

DeletedUser40996

Well I am trying to be understanding about GbG but to be honest I don't know how it made it out of beta with its gaping flaw of opponent matching...... That flaw is guild member sizes...... Consider this a guild of 15 members on a board of guilds each with 45 - 75 member per guild can not in no way truly compete... As each of its members would have to fight/neg 3-6 times more than opposing guilds.... After looking at this fact on my own map I was completely let down by the hype of GbG I will not play it further unless some serious adjustment is made in regards to match making...
Yep I have to agree unlike GE where you can only do 8 battles / Neg at a time without Medals and a max of 64 a week anyway GbG is going to be the big guilds crushing the smaller more casual guilds

saknika

Yep I have to agree unlike GE where you can only do 8 battles / Neg at a time without Medals and a max of 64 a week anyway GbG is going to be the big guilds crushing the smaller more casual guilds
Eventually the casual guilds won't be likely to be paired against the active guilds simply because they will consistently be at the bottom of the ranking and moved down.

DeletedUser37581

8x is the multiplier. you can have no more than 6 options though (which is what determines the difficulty in successfully completing the negotiation).
To get to 8x multiplier you completed many encounters. It will reset to 1x at midnight (whether that negotiation is in the middle or outside doesn't affect the cost, only your attrition for having done so many).
Good catch, @xivarmy. As my post was in response to a post that was referring to the number of choices available in a negotiation, it didn't even occur to me that the person responding to me was talking about the multiplier being 8x.

DeletedUser11991

not likeing battle grounds at all everyone in guild is just clicking away starting fights and dont know what they are doing foe needs to put a stop to this and have guild members with leader rights only to start a fight not just anyone in guild ... very dissapointing again inno bad call

Triopoly Champion

not likeing battle grounds at all everyone in guild is just clicking away starting fights and dont know what they are doing foe needs to put a stop to this and have guild members with leader rights only to start a fight not just anyone in guild ... very dissapointing again inno bad call
GBG should be different than GvG, I like how everyone has the rights to start the war, so no more scrutiny from the guild leaders or other established rules, thus I can earn much more battle counts.

Starting a GBG battle won't require Treasury goods, why ask the guild leader if it doesn't affect his/her wealth?

Kranyar the Mysterious

I personally like it for a lot of reasons. I also like that the log doesn't show what sectors a person battles or negotiates in. This isn't GvG version 2.

DeletedUser33927

Should you have any comments or questions, please check our FAQ below the Announcement or just let us know! We're looking forward for your feedback here!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Announcement: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-battlegrounds.27487/
Extremely dissatisfied with the gator grounds !! One guild was able to totally dominate most of the map!! Makes my guild ready to quite the battle grounds completely!!! ( Ark of war in Rugnir).
So if this how battle grounds continues we're out !!