• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Emberguard

True. But just because it's not as easy for a larger guild, does not mean it can't be effective.
If I can only see 8 members at a time in the list. By the time I screenshot 10 different sections it'll already be too late to be of any use.

DeletedUser40197

If I can only see 8 members at a time in the list. By the time I screenshot 10 different sections it'll already be too late to be of any use.
Our guild is 60+ and have utilized this a few times. I know of other guilds of similar sizes and in particular a guild of 80 that have also done this and been able to achieve their goal... might not get your guy everytime, but if you don't try there is no chance at all, unless they admit it freely. Which does happen, as often I believe it is unintentional. (Misunderstanding, miscommunication)

BruteForceAttack

Screen shots
True. But just because it's not as easy for a larger guild, does not mean it can't be effective.

Screen shots only works if no hits are called. When multiple provinces are flagged for strategic reasons and hit is called on another province. Whilst most of guild members hit the correct province someone may hit a province that was not called for or start a new flag.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-12-20 071413.jpg
    Annotation 2019-12-20 071413.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 17

Harbinger963

Unless you're a guild that gets booted. Truly crap idea. And that's opined from someone in platinum league playing on a diamond map. Yes, someone who's actually playing the game.
When you’re 5 days in, and bottom, no one is playing anyway. You see a handful taking positions and doing fights for personal fps, etc but as a guild, not a lot. The reason for the suggestion is there are too many NAPs and other collaborations taking place.

it’s ok if you think it’s a crap idea... was just throwing it for consideration. I know you’re playing...

Here is another (hopefully not so crap). Have “Finish Building” as a prize, so you don’t have to use diamonds. These can be used when chosen. Having a building that takes 6 hours forces diamonds to be used. Other options should be available.

DeletedUser40197

Screen shots

Screen shots only works if no hits are called. When multiple provinces are flagged for strategic reasons and hit is called on another province. Whilst most of guild members hit the correct province someone may hit a province that was not called for or start a new flag.
Yep, definitely not without its limits, for sure. And I think that's where the more competitive guilds tend to agree a log would be a nice feature.... As it currently is, we work with what we have at our disposal.

RazorbackPirate

When you’re 5 days in, and bottom, no one is playing anyway. You see a handful taking positions and doing fights for personal fps, etc but as a guild, not a lot. The reason for the suggestion is there are too many NAPs and other collaborations taking place.
While I'm sure that's the case, kicking a guild off the board then deprives the individual members of that guild the ability to attain personal rewards. If anything, it's the small fry player in the small fry guilds that need those rewards the most. If folks personally want to give up 5 days in and forgo their personal rewards that's fine, but to set up a system that boots players because their guild is in last place is wrong.

Also, there's nothing wrong with collaboration or alliances with other guilds. It's a viable strategy. No reason why folks should be deprived of creating them.
Here is another (hopefully not so crap). Have “Finish Building” as a prize, so you don’t have to use diamonds. These can be used when chosen. Having a building that takes 6 hours forces diamonds to be used. Other options should be available.
I would not be opposed to Inno creating this, but I would not ask Inno to create this. I play for free. Why would I ask the company that allows me to play for free to compromise their income earning potential in any way? This round, I've spent about 300 or so diamonds, yet they were all free. Sure I'd love to save them for other uses, but I earn them to spend them. They cost me nothing but time.

I would like to suggest that the Goods required to erect GBG Buildings be more equal. The ratios of the required Goods is outrageous and it has become challenging to balance the Guild Treasury.

DeletedUser24719

This is a poorly thought out and executed feature at best but in INNOs rush to max income they are willing to give members substandard play. But the biggest problem with this feature is its just too darn long and boring as can be! And I don't see much change in the leagues at all. The top guilds will for the most part remain in the platinum league.

DeletedUser40197

@Salsuero I would actually like to amend my use if the word tool in any prior post that was in response to your suggestion that inno would have provided us tools if they intended them to be used within GBG. Our tools are our phone or PC that allows us to access the game. The features found within the game are then what we utilize in order to play the game. So anything I referred to as a tool would be more accurately described as a feature to facilitate our game play (whether it's a message system, goods, league icons, etc.) All features that enable the player or guild to play how they wish andor enact a strategy.

Salsuero

Absolutely not true that every guild is going for 1st.

I said every guild is FIGHTING for 1st. If they aren't fighting (vis-a-vis they've given up before starting), they aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about all the guilds that want to actually win. If you just want to "participate" then you're not FIGHTING for anything.

If an alliance isn't apart of a guilds strategy, idk the meaning of strategy, I guess. And I do, so you're wrong.

No, I'm not. It's not a TOOL. It's the means by which we determine how to win. I defined TOOL in terms of what you are trying to claim by examples that are actual tools. Having a map is necessary to know how to play... it's not a means to create alliances. One could do so, but it has nothing to do with why they gave us a damn map and you know it.

And seeing who is in what league can absolutely mean you know who you will be placed with, typically if you're in a higher league. Im in Platinum and have been for 2 seasons and we have known ahead of time who we will be with each time.

What about the rest of the game where not every guild is Platinum? Brag much? One would think that the top-most guilds would mean you'd want to win, not just participate.

But for now it's a way for us to plan ahead. And other guilds, if they have the fore thought.

Good for you and your guild. I think it's a terrible idea for the game in general, including the rest of the guilds. This game isn't only about satisfying the Platinum guilds. There's GvG if you want more of that kind of guild dominance.

With that line of reasoning, goods and troops existed prior to GBG, but they are utilized.

Correct... and not for alliances. Thanks for agreeing with me.

They are also tools to be used within the feature. Just because they are pre existing, does not mean they cannot be utilized as tools.

Being utilized, yes... being designed into the feature...... no.

Directly connect with a guild? It sounds like you're describing a message or a thread.

Can we directly message A GUILD? No. We can message members. But not the guild. I get the feeling you're arguing for the sake of arguing now.

I bet you mean the kind of messaging system that is used in GVG to facilitate alliances?

Don't know what that is. But if you want GvG, it still exists.

And all you need to do is remember the name of the guild you have agreed to work with

But if Inno wanted this to be "a feature" as you suggest, Inno would've actually made it "easy" and that's not what they've done. Remembering the name of a guild? Why rely on memory when you design a feature while you could simply make it visually available? Yeah... that's because it's not what they decided to do.

@Salsuero I would actually like to amend my use if the word tool in any prior post that was in response to your suggestion that inno would have provided us tools if they intended them to be used within GBG. Our tools are our phone or PC that allows us to access the game. The features found within the game are then what we utilize in order to play the game. So anything I referred to as a tool would be more accurately described as a feature to facilitate our game play (whether it's a message system, goods, league icons, etc.) All features that enable the player or guild to play how they wish andor enact a strategy.

Uh huh.

Agent327

I would like to suggest that the Goods required to erect GBG Buildings be more equal. The ratios of the required Goods is outrageous and it has become challenging to balance the Guild Treasury.

Goods are based on the era's your guildmembers are in. Ratios are actually balanced, so if it has become challanging to balance the Treassury, you are doing something wrong.

Emberguard

Can we directly message A GUILD? No. We can message members. But not the guild. I get the feeling you're arguing for the sake of arguing now.
Actually you can on desktop but it can only be viewed on desktop (the guild forums allow you to copy a guild into a thread)

Emberguard

I said every guild is FIGHTING for 1st. If they aren't fighting (vis-a-vis they've given up before starting), they aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about all the guilds that want to actually win. If you just want to "participate" then you're not FIGHTING for anything.
Actually not every guild is fighting for 1st. Some fight for 2nd or to overtake the guild closest in strength to them.

Emberguard

That is true for a particular round, that is not true for GBG as a whole. Everyone is fighting to be the top dog in GBG. Only one will make it.
For a very small pool of players sure. Already nearing the end of Round 3 we've faced just about every top guild for our world and they've all decided it's between my guild and one other. Every other guild either doesn't have the resources to compete or doesn't have the co-ordination and motivation to care/ They all know it and have stated it. Everyone else is competing against the other guilds. They're not even competing for top 2 and I'm talking about an established world that's been around since early 2015