• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Emberguard

There's either a leadership environment that's been created inside the guild that members are rebelling against or they simply lack direction, understanding, or clarity. Sorry, but nobody wakes up in the morning and says, "Let's see how I can screw over my guild mates today and f'up GBG for us." Seriously.

Why are members either in open rebellion to leadership's direction, or what is the source of member's confusion that they can't or don't know how to find or effectively follow directions? It doesn't matter who's rebelling or who's confused.
its not always that simple. If you get new players in it takes time to figure out which ones will be loyal to the Guild and which ones will rebel.

Having no effective way of knowing who’s following orders in GBG means you can’t use GBG to work out which members aren’t following without also wasting a lot of time. It also means if someone doesn’t understand something you can’t explain it to them unless you were watching every players score and happen to work it out or they ask. But they won’t always ask.

DeletedUser37581

If Inno is going to implement logs, it will be designed in such a way as to not significantly increase server load. It isn't complicated to provide a log, but most logs, even if somewhat summarized, will increase server load.

Will the log update in realtime? The existing log doesn't update, but it does provide notice that new log entries are undisplayed. For this to happen, the client has to inform the server that the log is currently being displayed and that the server should push realtime updates. On the other hand, if the log doesn't update in realtime, then the general usage will be to close the log and re-open it - causing the entire log to be downloaded from the server again.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. For most situations, it is going to be less server load if there are no realtime updates. But for this particular case, the opposite may be true. Also, it has to be taken into consideration as to what is going to provide the user with the best game experience. But ultimately, I would venture that to log or not to log will be decided by server load considerations.

RazorbackPirate

Its not always that simple.
Exactly my point. Guilds that excel will figure out how to solve these issues with the tool set currently provided. Guilds that can't solve the issues with the tool set currently provided won't. Regardless, we have the tools we have. I don't see that changing.

Salsuero

its not always that simple. If you get new players in it takes time to figure out which ones will be loyal to the Guild and which ones will rebel.

Our guild vets new members before admitting them. Yes, as a consequence, we are a smaller guild. We also know who our members are and if one rebels, it's fairly obvious because we don't let 10 people we know nothing about join on the same day. If you have an issue with new members, that is a recruitment issue. If you don't know who is doing what, that's a communication issue. If you have members who are unhappy with leadership, that's a morale issue. If you have members that don't know what to do in GBg, that's a training issue. None of these issue are fundamentally solved by having logs of who does what. It just makes you a better guild by being lazy and not actually working at being a better guild. It's understood why you want the logs. It's understood how they would be of use to you. I don't want your guild to become stronger simply because you have easy ways to determine the kinds of members that are good for your guild. I'd like to see your guild have some struggles to overcome in doing so. If you keep your guild small, it's much easier. If you want a large guild... well, there are consequences to that too. Is that selfish of me? I'm not playing this game to "lose." If that causes some to see me as selfish, I'm fine with that. But our guild has taken 1st in 2/3 of the tournaments so far, without logs, and with some rogue activity that we've attempted to redirect, but simultaneously been fine with. I'm just fine with the way things are in terms of (no) logs, selfish as that is or isn't.

Last edited:

-Athena-

Still would like a better log but that said we have made it work with a great team of GbG leaders from our guild and our allies as well as all of our respective guild members. There are wrinkles and hiccups but you just have to push through them and be clever and did I mention the phenomenal teamwork =)
Today my guild was the first guild to reach Diamond League on our server due to all the reasons mentioned.

DeletedUser33195

Hi, back in posts #793 and #795 dontwannaname and xivarmy posted how to calculate MMR - useful, thank you!

I just calc’ed MMR for an opponent this morning (wanted a baseline) before the update tonight), but the numbers are way off, they would be in gold league and they’ve been in platinum and are staying there. i recalced our MMR and it‘s right. Does anyone have an explanation for why the MMR is wrong for our opponent?

Added up guild power from all GVG maps. Added 15%, they’re the #1 guild and get a bonus. Subtracted that total, plus guild level bonus, from total prestige number. Divided the remainder by 18.

Thanks for any help.

Harbinger963

One of the few things that disappoints me about GBG is that the SoH is only 5 levels. So far in both of my cities, I've added a level each round. Taking into account a skipped level here and there, that's still 8 SoH's in my city this time next year, 20 in 2 years. While a sea of SoH's will be a badge of honor, I'm not looking forward to having my city filled with one type of building.

Their power guarantees they'll be replacing Terrace Farms, Cider Mills, and dozens of SoKs. Even a number of event buildings will now find their way back into inventory and onto the AD. That disappoints me. For space reasons alone, I'd like to see a few more levels added.

I'm also now disappointed about the paltry amount of medals awarded by the PvP towers. Since the roll out of GBG, I've been annihilating the towers, so far in 1st it's not funny. It surprises me I'm so far ahead, it makes me wonder what the supposed digital bad ass fighters have been doing all these years. With my Arc, I get plenty of medals, but with the medals you get from a tower so small, winning a tower is now little more than bragging rights.

That’s ironic. I posted a feature request that PvP towers pay out fps or diamonds instead of medals in the proposal section, and it was zapped by Stephen because we are not allowed to ask for changes in rewards. Medals might have been something that were needed in the past, but as I now have over 100M, giving me a few more thousand for wining a tower is kind of a joke. My proposal was to give people the choice of medals, fps or diamonds and let them choose their prize when they win.

RazorbackPirate

That’s ironic. I posted a feature request that PvP towers pay out fps or diamonds instead of medals in the proposal section, and it was zapped by Stephen because we are not allowed to ask for changes in rewards. Medals might have been something that were needed in the past, but as I now have over 100M, giving me a few more thousand for wining a tower is kind of a joke. My proposal was to give people the choice of medals, fps or diamonds and let them choose their prize when they win.
Diamonds are always a non-starter. I'm surprised people even ask. While FPs are at least useful, I've got those in abundance also. I'm also closing in on the last few Victory expansions and will have them soon enough. Even though I could use the extra medals in the short term, by the time any change could be made, I also won't need them.

However, I'm hopeful with GBG behind them, Inno may now introduce another use for medals. They're well aware of the glut, as with the upper age goods no longer rotting away in guild treasuries, I'm confident they can figure out a use for them.

Last edited:

*Arturis*

GBG up/down ranking should be based on victory points. It’s a better measurement of how much activity. My guild scored 671,612 victory points, yet still not uprank to diamond from platinum. Lame

DeletedUser37581

GBG up/down ranking should be based on victory points. It’s a better measurement of how much activity. My guild scored 671,612 victory points, yet still not uprank to diamond from platinum. Lame
Scoring a lot of victory points is mostly a measure of how weak your opponents are, not how strong you are.

Emberguard

It kind of is indirectly in as much as you won’t win without them

Salsuero

Scoring a lot of victory points is mostly a measure of how weak your opponents are, not how strong you are.

That's not very reasonable. A guild that dominates a map despite a lot of effort by its opponents would still score a lot of victory points by doing so. You don't need weak opponents to beat them for points.

DeletedUser37581

That's not very reasonable. A guild that dominates a map despite a lot of effort by its opponents would still score a lot of victory points by doing so. You don't need weak opponents to beat them for points.
By what measure are they not weak opponents if you are capable of dominating them?

Ctik

4 players against 46 players.. wow. such balance!
This is just nuts.

And enough of the 6 goods in 3 tries BS!

There is no way to win a fight with diamonds, why are we required to use diamonds to win negotiating?

Last edited: