• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Contributions and Event Quests

ol man Rufus

I read the "DO NOT POST" thread and couldn't find this suggestion

Is it possible to use the Guild donations from ARC and/or OBS ownership to satisfy the Event Quest asking for a specific numerical donation?

Thank you
RufusXZ

DeletedUser

No, it is not possible. And since this is a question and not a proposal, I'm moving it to the Questions section of the Forum.

RazorbackPirate

I get where you're coming from with the SoH doing so, but without official word from Inno, I'm still not convinced the SoH fulfilling donation quests is not a bug.

It would be nice to see if @Stephen Longshanks could track down an official answer. I'd rather them fix it sooner than later, if not, it would be nice to know for sure.

DeletedUser

I get where you're coming from with the SoH doing so, but without official word from Inno, I'm still not convinced the SoH fulfilling donation quests is not a bug.

It would be nice to see if @Stephen Longshanks could track down an official answer. I'd rather them fix it sooner than later, if not, it would be nice to know for sure.
I have asked and will let you know if/when I get an answer.

DeletedUser37581

I have asked and will let you know if/when I get an answer.
When a GB is collected, the guild treasury contribution log has an entry of "Great building production". When the SoH is collected, the entry is "Guild treasury donation", which is the same entry when a guild member donates to the treasury. As the SoH isn't a great building, it can't use the same entry (and therefore not count toward quests). Since it does use the same entry as a regular donation, it will count toward quests. If Inno decides that the SoH shouldn't count toward quests, they would probably have to create a new log entry.

RazorbackPirate

When a GB is collected, the guild treasury contribution log has an entry of "Great building production". When the SoH is collected, the entry is "Guild treasury donation", which is the same entry when a guild member donates to the treasury. As the SoH isn't a great building, it can't use the same entry (and therefore not count toward quests). Since it does use the same entry as a regular donation, it will count toward quests. If Inno decides that the SoH shouldn't count toward quests, they would probably have to create a new log entry.
It both scares and impresses me how much you know about the internal architecture of this game. I'd ask if you worked for Inno, but you'd likely have to lie about it. Either way, it's nice to have you around to fill us in on such things. Thanks.

Vger

It both scares and impresses me how much you know about the internal architecture of this game. I'd ask if you worked for Inno, but you'd likely have to lie about it.
I think there is only 1 honest answer to that question. So it is probably best left unasked.

Either way, it's nice to have you around to fill us in on such things. Thanks.
Yes. Thank you. I'm a retired SW dev. So many of your answers make me say...AH HA!!! Yes, it makes perfect sense now. The insight is appreciated.