• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Guild Expedition - Inactive Members

DeletedUser32973

This is a rather obscure question, and search results have turned up null (or my searching abilities need improvement). I noticed for the last two weeks in my guild we haven't been required to pay Tomorrow goods to unlock GE lvl 2. However, GE lvl 3 still requires the expected amount to unlock with one person in Tomorrow in the guild. Our one member in Tomorrow has been inactive and thus we haven't received donations from him. So, if a member has been inactive for a set amount of time are their required goods donations waved for GE lvl 2, but still in place for GE lvl 3, or is this a bug? If it's waved, why isn't it waved for the rest of the expedition levels? This feature seems "half-way" there, if it's working as intended. I'd think you'd either completely wave a member's required donations if they've been inactive, or force the guild to kick them if they want to open up later levels.

Algona

DeletedUser32397

Sboivq.jpg

Since the player is in TE, he/she costs CE goods for L2. You always costs goods of the age below you for L2 (except IA), double that and make it your current age/era and you have L3 costs, double it again and you have L4 costs. Or you can just look that the beautiful rainbow chart :p

DeletedUser32973

Ah ah! Can't believe I didn't notice that. That explains it then, since other members in CE are picking up the slack for l2! Thanks for the swift response :D. I guess I've always assumed you paid your current era, and missed that for l2.

spnnr

An inactive player keeps costing as long as they are in the Guild.

GE Goods for a Tomorrow player for GE lvl 2 are CE Goods. See here:

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Costs_of_Unlocking_Difficulties

Nah. The search function combines a bit of the black arts, unsavory practices with small fur bearing animals, a touch of devil woship, the patience of a saint, and the soul of a sinner.

Inactive as in don't participate even though they are respiring or participating in other guild related activities .

spnnr

Telling - I remember early on you and your disciple reiterated that- having players sitting in a guild not contributing while active is silly.

Algona

Then i don't quite understand what your are saying in your first post or how it relates to the OPs problem of an inactive player sucking down the Guild Treasury or the answer I gave.

I remember early on you and your disciple reiterated that- having players sitting in a guild not contributing while active is silly.

I have a disciple? That;s gotta be an awful job.

If I said it it myst be 100% true, the wisdom of the Eras, and changed your life in many ways,eh? Sorry to be flippant I do that sometimes when i get confused.

Seems like something i would say. I think it's accurate. Did i get it wrong?

Czari

Sboivq.jpg

Since the player is in TE, he/she costs CE goods for L2. You always costs goods of the age below you for L2 (except IA), double that and make it your current age/era and you have L3 costs, double it again and you have L4 costs. Or you can just look that the beautiful rainbow chart :p

It is a very pretty chart. :D (And very helpful - thank you!)

DeletedUser32232

Nah. The search function combines a bit of the black arts, unsavory practices with small fur bearing animals, a touch of devil woship, the patience of a saint, and the soul of a sinner.
I must have missed the small animal. I've been trying to find info on advantages of entire guild membership completing a GE level vs partial when opening the next level. Is there any info in the forum about it? Haven't found it yet.

DeletedUser

I must have missed the small animal. I've been trying to find info on advantages of entire guild membership completing a GE level vs partial when opening the next level. Is there any info in the forum about it? Haven't found it yet.
The disadvantage to waiting until the whole guild is ready before opening the next level is that your members don't all proceed at the same pace and you will frustrate the members that have to sit and wait for the rest. Personally I would leave a guild that did it that way.

DeletedUser32232

I left this question on another thread and Jcera already clued me in. I didn't understand that GE was computed by the sum of each members completed levels instead of the number of levels completed by all members. Seems silly of me now that I look at it. How many guilds would complete even 1 level. It also explains why my guild is so reluctant to open lvl 4. You pay for everyone (72 members), only a third will get to levlel 4, only 10 will complete it. I personally love the battles, "very tough, let me go first" but most weeks our guild administration says "very expensive, you stay home with me". Can't blame them.

DeletedUser

I left this question on another thread and Jcera already clued me in. I didn't understand that GE was computed by the sum of each members completed levels instead of the number of levels completed by all members. Seems silly of me now that I look at it. How many guilds would complete even 1 level. It also explains why my guild is so reluctant to open lvl 4. You pay for everyone (72 members), only a third will get to levlel 4, only 10 will complete it. I personally love the battles, "very tough, let me go first" but most weeks our guild administration says "very expensive, you stay home with me". Can't blame them.
The GE championship % is determined by adding up the number of encounters completed by all guild members, then divide that number by the total encounters available through level 3. This is computed by multiplying the number of eligible members by 48, which is the number of encounters each member must finish to complete level 3. Completion of level 3 is considered 100% in GE. So in your guild, assuming all 72 members were in the guild and at least in Iron Age when GE started for the week, that would be 72x48, or 3456. Let's just assume that your members completed 3000 encounters altogether. That would give you a completion % for the GE championship of 3000/3456, or 86.8%. And that is the formula no matter how many levels you open. If you never open levels 2 through 4, but every member completes level 1, your percentage would be 33.3%. If you open all 4 levels, but your members all complete level 1 but no more, your percentage would still be 33.3%.

DeletedUser34480

I presume it belongs to "suggestions" not "questions"... that it's been discussed, and there are arguments against it... yet, why not give a "founder" function to exclude a member from GE if (s)he was inactive in a previous GE?

DeletedUser30900

yet, why not give a "founder" function to exclude a member from GE if (s)he was inactive in a previous GE?
Because you don’t fire the bus driver just because he doesn’t show up on time on Thursday. He’s on schedule every other days. Oh, wait, your driver never show up. Nvm.