• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Gameplay Information

DeletedUser30896

I'm trying to find out more about how a guild helps a member.
How it is supposed to work.
I have completed level 1 guild quest and can not get level 2 to open.
I contributed into two of five goods required but do not have the other Iron Age goods.
Guild founder said I need to contribute to all 5 before next level opens.
There are only goods in the two inventories I and the founder donated in, nothing in the others.
We are both new. How does the accumulation of goods help me when I can not use them to advance.
Neither I nor the founder know how to withdraw goods to negotiate with during guild quests.
We need more information on guild gameplay.
We would both appreciate any knowledge you would be willing to share.

DeletedUser30896

Darth, how does your guild work for you?
How is it different from the one I joined? Please explain...

DeletedUser

I'm trying to find out more about how a guild helps a member.
How it is supposed to work.
I have completed level 1 guild quest and can not get level 2 to open.
I contributed into two of five goods required but do not have the other Iron Age goods.
Guild founder said I need to contribute to all 5 before next level opens.
There are only goods in the two inventories I and the founder donated in, nothing in the others.
We are both new. How does the accumulation of goods help me when I can not use them to advance.
Neither I nor the founder know how to withdraw goods to negotiate with during guild quests.
We need more information on guild gameplay.
We would both appreciate any knowledge you would be willing to share.
Are you and the founder the only two guild members? Because that's the way you make it sound, and it doesn't sound like he has any idea how to play the game yet. You should both take Darth Mole's advice and get into a good, established guild. What world do you play on?

DeletedUser30896

Are you and the founder the only two guild members? Because that's the way you make it sound, and it doesn't sound like he has any idea how to play the game yet. You should both take Darth Mole's advice and get into a good, established guild. What world do you play on?

Yes, we are both new. The founder said he joined a month or two ago.
Thank you Stephen for your prompt reply.
Could you give me an example of how this would work in an established guild?

DeletedUser

Yes, we are both new. The founder said he joined a month or two ago.
Thank you Stephen for your prompt reply.
Could you give me an example of how this would work in an established guild?
You're asking quite a bit for a Forum post. This is the kind of thing that should be taught in-game by experienced players in an established guild. If you were in my guild, I would take the time and effort to teach you what you need to know, but it would take quite a few paragraphs just to properly explain goods production, guild treasury, Guild Expedition negotiating, trading for goods you're not boosted in, and so on. And that's just the things you've asked about here. There is so much more to the game and guild life, and you need to learn it in a larger, established guild. Then, when you both know more about what you're doing and how things work, you can strike out on your own if you like. There is no "easy button" for learning how things work. It's either trial and error, which a lot of us did, or being mentored by people that have been around for a while. And those people are usually in larger, established guilds.

Are you getting the message? Larger. Established. Guild. :D

DeletedUser27848

Gregory, you said the founder started the game 2 months ago?

How many people total are in your Guild?
What age is the founder in?
How many Great Buildings does he have?
How about others in your Guild, do they have Great Buildings, especially GBs like Observatory-Arc-Atomium?

I would suggest joining the strongest guild that will take you in, and hopefully you get into a Guild with helpful people. There are many Guilds with inactive, indifferent, and frankly stupid people...

DeletedUser30896

You're asking quite a bit for a Forum post. This is the kind of thing that should be taught in-game by experienced players in an established guild. If you were in my guild, I would take the time and effort to teach you what you need to know, but it would take quite a few paragraphs just to properly explain goods production, guild treasury, Guild Expedition negotiating, trading for goods you're not boosted in, and so on. And that's just the things you've asked about here. There is so much more to the game and guild life, and you need to learn it in a larger, established guild. Then, when you both know more about what you're doing and how things work, you can strike out on your own if you like. There is no "easy button" for learning how things work. It's either trial and error, which a lot of us did, or being mentored by people that have been around for a while. And those people are usually in larger, established guilds.

Are you getting the message? Larger. Established. Guild. :D
Thank you Stephen, yes it's beginning to sound like an echo chamber :)
I will greatfully take your advice, thank you for your time.

DeletedUser28670

inactive, indifferent, and frankly stupid
I think a more polite way of putting it is that the person in question is ..... resting... from the duties of his job as mayor, and such he cannot do anything, and ....he was not briefed.... on his job.

DeletedUser27848

A commentary:

I was invited by a friend in J world, to join their new Guild in S world. I will join up with my friend's guild in a week or so, after I unlock Tech Tree Bronze Age.

Meanwhile, I'm shamelessly 'Guild Hopping'. It's working nicely, I've acquired a LOT of Great Building blueprints, like 3 pages worth already, partial prints on about a dozen GBs...

Here's the part that matters: while doing the Guild Hopping, what I've learned is that easily 80% of people playing this game, have no clue. Like ZERO clue, as to how to play this game.

And btw, it's also like taking a trip in a Time Machine. Many of those cities look like the stupid crap I did, when I started!!

Over the last few days, I've visited city after city, with players that are in HMA, LMA, Colonial Era, with ZERO great buildings.

I've visited city after city where these same players have Bronze Age flowers as decorations. But ZERO GBs.

Horrible city layouts. Hundreds of 1x1 decorations, that add no value to the end result.

Buildings mismatched from multiple eras.

And the saddest part is, that players in these guilds are at the mercy of STUPID guild 'Leaders'. The fact that the leaders of these guilds are not giving these beginning players advice is either GREAT (as a Plunderer) or AWFUL (as in they will never get it).

DeletedUser27079

Unreal, everyone is complaining about the lack of knowledge... how about answering the damn question instead of acting all high and mighty!

DeletedUser26120

You must produce goods via goods buildings, or gather goods through events/rewards.

Donate those goods to your guild's treasury until there is sufficient amounts to unlock GE levels.

Generally 2 people don't try to go at it alone unless they are high age players with large stockpiles of goods.

As others have said, I would recommend you join a guild with a greater number of players. Established guilds will have various members with the following Great Buildings: Observatory, Atomium, and The Arc - in order of how much they produce with Observatory being least.

Once a guild has several members in various ages with those buildings, the treasury will begin to fill up quickly. In many cases the automatically donated goods will be enough to pay for everyone's GE costs without any extra donations.

However most guilds require a minimum weekly donation from members without any of those GBs. In mine it is 200 same age goods per week.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask them.

DeletedUser

Unreal, everyone is complaining about the lack of knowledge... how about answering the damn question instead of acting all high and mighty!
I think that considering the fact that the OP and another newbie were trying to do a guild by themselves before they even knew how to play the game, and then came here seeking an answer to a very broad question, the replies were pretty respectful. And, since it would take a huge post to properly address the question, we gave him good advice on how to get the information he/they need.

Algona

I guess I could have done that here. Instead Greg and I exchanged some PMs. He's a new player, as woefully ignotant of this game as all n00bs. but I love his attitude.

I invited him to join my Guild.

Greg is learning the fundamentals of the game from me and one of my recent proteges and has the benefits of the top 30 Guild I built. Greg is inquisitive, a quick learner, wants to help the Guild, and will do well in this game.

I hope that's Ok with you acmetoy instead of trying the near impossible task of clearly explaining Guild Management to new players, Try it, I'll be happy to learn all I can on that matter.

Instead of swearing at us for not answering a question, why not answet it yourself next time?

Last edited: