• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild hopping to snipe

Curley Jue

Is there a guesstimate around how many FP I would make if I would leave my guild for 1 week and do guild hopping and snipe those guildmates where i may simply join and do not need to apply? I will not put in a 1 FP marker. only save bets.
as those guilds do not use 1.9 threads everybody would benefit...
My arch is level 83. I have 10k FP available.
FoElite is indicating that this approach is a boost.
As i will miss around 1,5k FP GbG rewards and it is quite a hassle i would be interested if anybody made 10k+ with this method in a few exhausting days.

Core question would also be the necessary FP budget.

i am on word 18 in Germany, not old not young.
I do know that this will depend on the server, but I need to start somewhere. Downside is 5 days missing GBG rewards.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Did it once, wasn't worth the time investment. 10k as a goal is laughable unless you want to make it your full time job for the next week, looking at the GBs of 10k players. I'm not even sure you'd make up your GBG losses. I think GBG has a way better ROI for the time invested.

Tony 85 the Generous

You would become a pariah in any guild and probably soon become persona non grata in many Guilds on your World. Friends have friends and your name would become crap on a stick in that World. Sniping guild mates is one of those worst bad things to do.
I would give it five to seven times screwing over Guilds ... and soon you would get kicked within hours to minutes of you joining. If you think that would be great, go for it.
The main place to snipe would be in swap threads. lots of chances to snipe, then you could try to pretend you did not know. Cry innocent innocent that should last several days .. allowing you to snipe more suckers.
There is a you tube vid that suggests this strategy. The video equates guild hopping to the changing of your neighborhood, only many times in a day instead of once every two weeks.
To avoid your name becoming mud. You would need to be able to join a guild afterwards that is in the upper portion (top quarter to top half) in the world. You would have to walkabout in the the lower portion (quarter) of the guilds in the world. Ie., The weaker, less knowing, less connected guilds. That also means you have less chance of finding a snipe and/or a good position. As for being kicked, that would be a moot point as you are going to leave anyway.

If you are on PC, you can see the members of their guild and their gbs. You wouldn't actually have to hop guild to guild to find a position. 5000+ guilds in someof my worlds. Checking the bottom 1/4 (1250 guilds) is a whole lot of clicking just to make a few extra fp.

Weather you can make more Forge Points sniping guild mates than in GbG? Depends on your talents at being evil, and how good your Guild is in GbG.
Maybe. Maybe not. Sniping requires you to wait for the gb to leveled to get your bounty. GBG bounty is immediate with the additional non-fp bonuses.

I would suggest level you arc to above 80. Help your guild mates and freidns in a 1.9 thread and make some extra fp along the way.

Kranyar the Mysterious

This would work very well if you are antisocial and stay below the #50 or so guild, and had a much higher Arc than 83. Get it to 130+, and you can snipe buildings at rates that many people would praise you for while still making a quick profit. The key to that would likely be to only take buildings that you know you can flip for a profit.

gergor

After seeing a player repeatedly hop through my guild, put 1FP on several GB and snipe others and then leave, monitor the 1FP GBs until they can be sniped, etc. I posted the idea of adding a 24 hr wait time on joining a guild before allowing contributions to GB. The moderator shot that down within an hour. Here is the subsequent conversation:

gergor: I still think what xxxx is doing in Parkog (hopping, putting 1FP on the GB she can't yet snipe but might later, sniping any she can, and then leaving to attack the next guild) is abuse that is detrimental to building cooperation in the guild, to other players and to the game. Requiring invitation to join the guild also slows down growth so while, yes, that is an option, it isn't without cost. As a retired programmer, I know how difficult implementing a "simple" idea can be so I understand Inno might choose not to implement it but I'd like it if this behavior could be universally stopped. Maybe there are other ideas (like a guild blacklist) that would also work and could be implemented more easily.

agent3276 (moderator): It isn't abuse. It is making smart use of an opportunity given. If guilds have a problem with it they can turn off auto join. Make joining by application, or invitation only. The Guild is giving her this opportunity. The Guild also has the opportunity to put a stop to it.

I still think this is abusive as other prohibited behavior like having multiple logins and push accounts as it is contrary to the idea of guilds as a source of cooperation and camaraderie. There are plenty of opportunities for competitive gaming that are intended as part of the game, including limited opportunities for sniping, plundering, GBG, PvP, etc. This is doing it on an scale that shouldn't be allowed.

Emberguard

You might not like it but it’s part of the game.

The prohibited behaviour is prohibited because you’d be exploiting something that was never supposed to exist as a mechanic. Guild hopping doesn’t fall under that category (you’re not tied down to one guild). Contributing to other players as a once off for profit on a single level doesn’t fall under that category (if it did we wouldn’t have players).

This is in the end a strategy game with both alliances and enemies. You’re meant to use strategies to build up your kingdom how you see fit within the game rules. There’s no rule that says a guild can’t snipe each other. There’s no rule that says you have to keep your word. There’s no rule that prohibits backstabbing of your allies.

What there is present is a culture regarding social etiquette that most players follow and respect. They’re not game rules and not enforceable as a game rule. But if you’ve got a widespread mindset of “don’t snipe guild members” as social etiquette then you’re not going to encounter the “problem” often.

In the end the responsibility of securing your GB comes onto the GB owner. If you’re able to be sniped from a guild hopper then that GB was able to be sniped from outside the guild too