• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild vs Guild : Would you care...

Would you care if GvG was discontinued?

• What is Guild vs Guild?

• Not at all.

• Yes, but I would continue playing FOE.

• Yes, and I would probably or would quit FOE.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DELETES

I've been playing FOE for many years now. Went through so many changes. Some good and some Not so good. But one of the best
changes was when GVG was implemented. It brought many players to the game and member of guilds to form a close friendship.
Now with the changes to delete GVG and add Raiders in its place, oh some many people will be leaving the game.
Raders is going to be set up just like GE and GBG combined. What is the strategy and fun in that in that? You won't be playing with
anyone just by yourself.
For those who don't like GVG remember this is a fighting game and get into a guild that fights and use Discord you will enjoy the game
much more. Instead of being a farmer.

DailyQuest

"KEEP GVG" !!!!!!!!!! or lose 30 percent or more of your revenue from those who quit the game
Aristophanes once wrote, roughly translated; "Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."
Those in charge of INNO have found a way to turn off the senior citizens [4 or more years in the game] by putting ridiculous changes in GBG and no new upgrades for GVG IN YEARS, the comradery at reset on Discord was the staple that united the players.

Lord Farquad 42

You've summed up the key issue with GvG. You're in the #2 Guild on your world. 63 members but only 7 participate in GvG. It's not a priority in your guild, it's just the interest of a few dedicated long-term players...but just a few.
Well, we have 58ish members (I say that because we have added several to the guild as the new GbG took over and they left other guilds), and we have between 10-18 people on each night. We are the #1 guild on our world for a reason. Many people are there every night (about 12 of us) and the last 6 or so that rotate who comes in. Some nights it's down and some nights is way up if we are going to war with another guild. It's quite active in our guild and I dare say it would be more if more people even knew what it was. Inno has not put any work into promoting it for years. If you don't soup it up like your other activities, people won't even know it is a thing. If Inno would have been developing it all along it would have continued to grow.

Most people that don't like it are either in poor performing guilds or don't really understand the concept and the significant strategy behind it (insert Ubernerd imho). If people were in a guild that actively participated in GvG and had a couple people to teach you the strategy behind it (and there are several strategies) many would learn to really enjoy it. I participate in all forms of this game and GvG BY FAR AND AWAY, is the best part... even though it is clunky. Amazing personal connections you build while fighting side by side at the same time while on coms together. We often hang out for hours afterward and shoot the breeze together. Sad you all don't have that.

Johnny B. Goode

Most people that don't like it are either in poor performing guilds or don't really understand the concept and the significant strategy behind it (insert Ubernerd imho).
This is an arrogant (and ignorant) statement. People don't like GvG for many reasons, but not understanding it is not even on the first page of reasons.
If people were in a guild that actively participated in GvG and had a couple people to teach you the strategy behind it (and there are several strategies) many would learn to really enjoy it.
Been there, done that, still didn't like it.
I participate in all forms of this game and GvG BY FAR AND AWAY, is the best part... even though it is clunky.
This may be true for you, but not for the majority of players.
Amazing personal connections you build while fighting side by side at the same time while on coms together. We often hang out for hours afterward and shoot the breeze together. Sad you all don't have that.
Like GvG is the only way to build personal connections. :rolleyes:
Inno considers all accounts not deleted as active
They didn't say "accounts", they said "active players". Which certainly implies that they differentiate between active and inactive, and they are the only ones who really know which is which.

Angry.Blanket

This is an arrogant (and ignorant) statement. People don't like GvG for many reasons, but not understanding it is not even on the first page of reasons.

Been there, done that, still didn't like it.

This may be true for you, but not for the majority of players.

Like GvG is the only way to build personal connections. :rolleyes:

They didn't say "accounts", they said "active players". Which certainly implies that they differentiate between active and inactive, and they are the only ones who really know which is which.
Because they delete all inactive accounts.

Johnny B. Goode

What amazes me the most is how so many people that dont play nor like GvG wanted it removed so badly ? Why is it that they don't want anyone else to like it or play it ?
I couldn't care less whether they remove it or leave it, which I've stated more than once in the past. I'm pretty sure that most non-GvG players feel the same. It's just that it's ridiculous for people to claim that it's "the best part of the game" when it's a cumbersome relic that hasn't kept up with the game. In fact, for an active guild it's probably the easiest part of the game due to the lack of participation and the irrelevant defense stats there.
Because they delete all inactive accounts.
No, they don't. I have at least 3 inactive accounts that are still in existence even though I haven't played them in well over a year. And they don't have many, if any, Diamonds on them. One is on the international server and two are on US worlds where I don't have a city on my main account.

Angry.Blanket

I couldn't care less whether they remove it or leave it, which I've stated more than once in the past. I'm pretty sure that most non-GvG players feel the same. It's just that it's ridiculous for people to claim that it's "the best part of the game" when it's a cumbersome relic that hasn't kept up with the game. In fact, for an active guild it's probably the easiest part of the game due to the lack of participation and the irrelevant defense stats there.

No, they don't. I have at least 3 inactive accounts that are still in existence even though I haven't played them in well over a year. And they don't have many, if any, Diamonds on them. One is on the international server and two are on US worlds where I don't have a city on my main account.
3 inactive accounts or 3 inactive citys? and how do you know that those 3 were not included int the poll?
What is ridiculous is you insisting on what part of the game I find "best"

Johnny B. Goode

3 inactive accounts or 3 inactive citys? and how do you know that those 3 were not included int the poll?
3 inactive accounts. And they weren't included in Inno's figures at the time because they didn't exist back then. Which is irrelevant, because I was addressing your inaccurate statement that "all inactive accounts are deleted".
What is ridiculous is you insisting on what part of the game I find "best"
No more ridiculous than you insisting that I want GvG removed "so badly", which I have never stated. In fact, I have repeatedly stated the opposite, that I don't care if it's deleted or not.

Angry.Blanket

3 inactive accounts. And they weren't included in Inno's figures at the time because they didn't exist back then. Which is irrelevant, because I was addressing your inaccurate statement that "all inactive accounts are deleted".

No more ridiculous than you insisting that I want GvG removed "so badly", which I have never stated. In fact, I have repeatedly stated the opposite, that I don't care if it's deleted or not.
I didnt insist you wanted it removed, I commented on how many have said they were happy it was gone because they didnt like it.
Ok how do they determine "activity" are you considered "active" by Inno. If I have 1 main and 20 diamond farms, how does that effect the #s ?
There is roughly 40k players on my main and only 10k with with over 1,000,000 pts, only 600 with over 100,000 fights
To me it looks like about 1500 active players on my main world and around 100 of them participate in GvG to some degree.
So what percentage of players does Inno consider active, how do they determine that,
And why doesnt Inno delete inactive accounts? Maybe so they can buff the #s when they need to?
If you told me only 5% of all players are active I would believe that.

Ebeondi Asi

I play three Worlds. In two Guilds GvG is not a big deal. But in the third, it's a huge deal. And the players who enjoy it are deeply saddened by news of it's demise. The players who take part have a great time at reset.
I never did get any good at GvG even though I tried a lot.. so it's being dropped does not matter personally, but it does matter a lot to those Guild mates. So I'm hoping that the new stuff can keep them happy. Because I would hate to see any of them leave the game.

Pericles the Lion

What amazes me the most is how so many people that dont play nor like GvG wanted it removed so badly ? Why is it that they don't want anyone else to like it or play it ?
I may have missed it. Has anyone on this thread, or elsewhere, that doesn't play GvG actually said that they want it removed "so badly"? I play on PC but don't play GvG mainly because I'm not online during recalc. Even so, I really don't care if INNO keeps GvG or removes it. I would suspect that most non-GvGers feel likewise.

Darkest.Knight

I tried it and thought it was rather pointless; I occasionally would polish off a quest by killing a few units doing GvG. Something more active will be fine w/me; we'll c but I can't imagine it will be worse.

Angry.Blanket

I may have missed it. Has anyone on this thread, or elsewhere, that doesn't play GvG actually said that they want it removed "so badly"? I play on PC but don't play GvG mainly because I'm not online during recalc. Even so, I really don't care if INNO keeps GvG or removes it. I would suspect that most non-GvGers feel likewise.
You missed it, start with the first thread in the feedback for GvG shut down, I bet you are right that many are indifferent,

Emberguard

I’ve occasionally seen people say to delete it. Not nearly as many as those who don’t bring up the idea though. Some say to delete because they don’t want it to factor in the ranking if they can’t play it, and others who do play it saying it’s too glitchy

UBERhelp1

I’ve occasionally seen people say to delete it. Not nearly as many as those who don’t bring up the idea though. Some say to delete because they don’t want it to factor in the ranking if they can’t play it, and others who do play it saying it’s too glitchy
It does provide an advantage to guilds with browser players in a game with a majority mobile playerbase.