• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guilds abusing their power in GBG

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveawebster

we've got an issue with some of the top guilds like arisen and quantum league as well as their partners such as rendezvous with destiny abusing their power in gbg to corner or basically pin other guilds to their home base on a regular basis with no concern about the other guild's players and inno apparently won't do enough to resolve this issue to level the battlefield. i've even proposed an idea to help out only to be shot down. we're all in this game to play and some concentrate on gbg but how can we play gbg if we can't go anywhere to get out of home base? how can these guilds be so greedy and uncompassionate to not even let others play?

i've served as battle commander in top guilds and have been an advocate that our guild not do this to weaker guilds because everyone deserves to at least play even if it's just a few sectors around their home base. i'm even willing to give up some of my hits so others can get theirs in because the game should be about sharing the fun not hoarding it all to ourselves. after nearly 2 years of playing foe, i've risen to the top 2% on the server but because of issues like this that goes unresolved, i've been considering retiring from the game until they are resolved as it just seems unbalanced. in fact, if it weren't for the new gbg map giving me some potential hope things might get better, i might not have even been here today.

it's really frustrating to be dealing with this same issue repeatedly because the system keeps matching us up with the same problem guilds and those guilds just don't really seem to care about anyone except for themselves and the 1 or 2 allies on the map because they need them to make it work to benefit their guild. even the problem guilds tend to have their same ally on the map and that just doesn't seem right either. there are a lot of other top guilds in the same league so i'm not sure why we're not matched up with others unless they force us to a lower league where we're overpowered there. i've seen quite a few guilds misplaced in the wrong league and some even know ahead of time they basically should be expecting to only be playing every other gbg season because of how the system puts them in the wrong league.

at this point, whenever i see these particular problem guilds names on the new gbg list, i just want to smash some fingers, but since i can't do that, i just want to leave and not even see their name but i can't even really do that and still be able to play that gbg season. i don't even know why people would want to be in a guild like that unless they're like them and if you're in one of those guilds and are not like them, maybe it's time to consider finding another guild. i've chat with quite a few other players who just really don't like these types of problem guilds because of their behavior in gbg bullying the other guilds around.

so what has happened to humanity? has power corrupted even gamers to be greedy and selfish? these guilds should be ashamed of their behavior toward weaker guilds. we should all be here to promote playing, not snuff it out so we can have all the power and glory to ourselves. we can still make it to the top 2% without having to resort to needy, greedy, selfish behavior.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

" maybe it's time to consider finding another guild. " You answered your own question. People play many hours a week and build themselves up to be accepted by the higher guilds just so they get better rewards. Why would Inno want to discourage this ?

daveawebster

" maybe it's time to consider finding another guild. " You answered your own question. People play many hours a week and build themselves up to be accepted by the higher guilds just so they get better rewards. Why would Inno want to discourage this ?
i've been a member of a few guilds and even still visit other guilds to meet new people or chat with previous guildies but just have no desire to be the block bully or join such a guild that participates in that kind of behavior on a regular basis. i'm not here to prove anything to anyone. i play many hours a week to build myself up also, but for different reasons. you get better gbg rewards by moving up in gbg leagues and many guilds in higher leagues have lower level players so you don't always have to prove yourself to be accepted by a higher level league. i'm just here to play, accomplish my own goals, and help other players out so we can all enjoy the game.

Ebeondi Asi

This has been discussed a great deal in a massive thread which your complaint will undoubtedly get moved to.
The basic answer so far is Move to a Dominant Guild. Period.
IT is what anyone who is wanting to take part fully has to do. And so far that is the ony viable answer as GbG exists now.

My personal notion would be to have the sectors touching each Home base be attrition free just for that Guilds who occupy that home base. Then the one away also be automatically half attrition for that home Guild only (aside from any slots in the sector ).
This would give a decent advantage to the local area Guild to at least be able to get some of the spac and swap back when the dominant Guiids take it. Naturally this means more than one two or three person(s) have to be interested it fighting in GbG in the Guild.. ((We have asked middle power Guilds to take part in sharing, often they are incapable of managing to fill sectors and swap in a timely manner through the entire session.))

The other ideas put forth in that big thread really want to punish success and hand rewards to the weaker players with little effort. . which I think my idea does not. The big Guilds will still dominate. This idea just allows a small advantage in a local area. The big Guilds get it too. which in no real advantage to them anyway except at start, and all Guilds get it anyway. .

Last edited:

daveawebster

i suggested a similar idea about including at least 1-2 sc advantage to all home base sectors to give every guild an advantage to 'get out of the gate' but the idea didn't go anywhere. it's just not right that a dominant guild to be able to push a weaker guild all to way back to home base then trap/fortress the sectors right next to their home base when they have 0 sc's and no attrition help to get out. that just seems overly aggressive to me. this is a behavioral issue with specific guilds and the game allows for it.

i don't mind dominant guilds occupying a lot of the map, but that doesn't mean they should occupy all of it and the new map being larger helps by providing more sectors to share. there is such a thing as sharing the map in proportion to what the guilds can keep up with so the weaker guilds would naturally get a smaller portion of sectors because they aren't able to keep up but doesn't mean the dominant guilds should take all of that space from them. my current guild has the ability or may be considered a more dominant guild but is nice enough to share some of that space when available even though they don't have to and that's one of the reasons i'm still with the guild.

as for moving to a more dominant guild, this is only an issue with a couple of dominant guilds abusing their power. there are still fairly powerful guilds out there that don't abuse their power. i am in/have been in guilds that are powerful enough to do the same to weaker guilds, but they choose not to and that tells me something about that guild. there is such a thing as the saying 'with great power comes great responsibility'.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Guild Battleground... bullies, abusing, no concern, greedy, uncompassionate, didn't let others, everyone deserves, selfish, guilds should be ashamed of themselves.

Hmmmmm,

Unfortunately you are playing in the wrong mini-game. You want the other one: Equal Equality Everyone's Rewarded the Same Participation Reward Candyland.

RazorbackPirate

Players spend thousands of dollars to build their boosts for GBG so they can join a dominant guild to dominate the map to suck up as many rewards as possible. I also know players who have never spent a dime who have worked to build their boosts so they can join a dominant guild to dominate the map to suck up as many rewards as possible. I don't have a problem with that. There is the saying, "to the winner go the spoils."

It's also not lost on me that it's taken you two years and getting to 2% before complaining.
bullies, abusing, no concern, greedy, uncompassionate, didn't let others, everyone deserves, selfish, guilds should be ashamed of themselves.
Thanks for pulling out the false moral judgements. Another point not lost on me after two years and 2%.

Sharmon the Impaler

Kranyar wins the Internet points on this thread , that was spot on lol, Bullies are a very real problem and equating it to a game to try a make a lame point is about as self-serving as you can get @OP.

Ebeondi Asi

Ahhh I think Sharmon, you did not read the whole post Kranyar wrote.
The second line: Unfortunately you are playing in the wrong mini-game. You want the other one: Equal Equality Everyone's Rewarded the Same Participation Reward Candyland"
Basically the exact opposite of what you thought.. LOL
Pays to read the whole post
Later: After bothering to reread the post yes I was wrong Sharmon is correct he did read to whole post and I on the other hand jumped to conclusions.. LOL sorry.

Last edited:

Darkest.Knight

For myself I haven't put enough time into attack/def to be competitive for top positions; but that's due to my priorities not game imbalances. When I look at the top fighter's towns, they all have universally invested either a lot of time or spent some cash or both on attack/def items. Top guy on my f.list does 6k-7k fights every cycle, I doubt he holds back to be a "nice" guy. Since I'm used to much more aggressive games than this one, I find aggression in this game is minimum, sometimes seems to be anticompetitive. I'm fine w/diamond league, even if I get my butt totally kicked. Each cycle thru I've been improving since I've switched focus to fighting skills; I'm confident I'll eventually catch up.

It should be remembered that this game model relies on a significant number of players actually spending cash to make their characters better. Can't really except it to be too easy to outdo the spenders, otherwise game's over.

Sharmon the Impaler

Ahhh I think Sharmon, you did not read the whole post Kranyar wrote.
The second line: Unfortunately you are playing in the wrong mini-game. You want the other one: Equal Equality Everyone's Rewarded the Same Participation Reward Candyland"
Basically the exact opposite of what you thought.. LOL
Pays to read the whole post

I did read the whole post and loved what Kranyar said. The person he is addressing is not playing a bad game just a game that's bad for him.. Note that the second sentence has an @OP at the end of it

Just An Observer

In C-world I see about half a dozen legit Big Dog guilds. That means not very many GBG seasons have two or more of the Big Dogs on the same map. What I see happen is that the weak guilds getting some chances to do sector swaps (farming) so the Big Dog guild can have some action, otherwise it would be Game Over on the first day.

daveawebster

$1,000's seems like a lot of money to be investing in a game just for the entertainment, but i have noticed that it seems money can buy a win among other things. for here, diamonds can be a players best friend when you can use them for about whatever you want. don't have enough a/d to win a battle? just throw some money at it and you can win anyway. it's like an instant cheat tool. we already have arc's we use to cheat the beginning players out of fp's when they don't even stand a chance to win a spot on a gb unless we let them. beginning players barely even have enough fp's to get anything going in the first place so not only do they have to compete with arcs for fp's, we have advanced players preying on them by plundering their cities. like most people with arcs, i do snipe, but strategically where i try to help other players out who don't have the advantage of other arc players helping them by giving them a decent amount of fp contribution, not just a couple to maximize my fp and i try to avoid bumping other players who don't have an arc. i've never attacked anyone's city because i don't want to prey on other players like that and don't usually need the tower points so plundering is one of the few badges i don't have for my city. i've been able to progress up the ladder without having to resort to these types of aggressive behaviors.

so it's not just gbg that has issues, but for this discussion, i just wanted to address gbg where i think every guild deserves the ability to have a reasonable chance to get out of their home base. it's not right for a dominant guild to have free attrition on a sector right in front of a home base because they own everything else around it and the home base owner has to pay full attrition on the same sector when it's right on their front door step. my perspective is from both viewpoints because even though my current guild is occasionally cornered by a more dominant guild, we can do the same to many weaker guilds also and as a battle commander, i still discourage our other battle commanders from using our advantage to put these other guilds into a position where the are unlikely to get out of home base so although we swap around weaker guilds, we rarely are so aggressive to trap/fortress other guilds into their home base like some of these more aggressive guilds might do. i already spend too much time here and i'd rather sleep than have to map watch or lose everything we fought for while we're sleeping so i'd rather just farm than have to fight but i don't like to just give up to another guild that just wants to push others around either.

my gaming background is more of an rts pc gamer so we'd throw our $50 into a game and be able to play it for years by ourselves or with others and we could put the game away and sleep when we wanted and i'm basically here because i got tired of all of the dvd copyright protection and having to swap out dvd's wearing on my dvd drive whenever i want to play a different game. it's a little different walking into an mmo where it can be free but 10x easier if you invest some money, more than what i'd normally pay for a game, as well as having to watch things every day, sometimes multiple times a day, or lose something because another player wants to take it. i know everyone has an entertainment budget and $100's doesn't surprise me because since i've been in the computer industry for years and even did some development myself, i realize the developers need to get paid and that's worth it to the avid gamers, but $1,000's seems kind of up there. i'm not sure if that's over a period of months or years, but i know some people have been here years.

Ebeondi Asi

I disagree about what money does in Foe. Money in Foe only buys time. !00% that is it.
If you have time available, you can get everything the money spender gets. Just takes longer.
It is true a lot of money buys it all a lot faster. but for the average Diamond buyer, it is a (small) advantage only against new players.
Longtime 'free' players have everything they need to be fully competitive with even the biggest spenders.

RazorbackPirate

Buying diamonds now comes with Castle points. $1,600 will get you enough Castle Points to max out at level 15. Oops. So many people maxed out so quickly Inno introduced 5 more levels which many will max out at 20 in no time, something free players can't hit for 17 years.

Thousands is not up there for this game, not by a long shot. Tens of thousands yearly is up there, maybe.

GeniePower

@daveawebster PM me in-game

GeniePower - QL recruitment

But all kidding aside, I have never, ever been in a guild as selfless, generous and concerned about building up smaller players than in QL. Take a look at my city and realize I have been on G for 9 months and haven't spent a $ on diamonds. Then call my team greedy again.
Fact is that we have a lot of high hitters that are very eager and need a lot of fights. I cannot contain them on half a map because they would explode from unreleased energy. We are in the current season paired with TPL and OUTA who allied with 2 of the smaller guilds too. We have no ally on the map. Yet twice a day we paint the map white chewing through traps and forts only to have the 4 allied guilds take maybe 50-75% back before timers elapse. And you wonder why we own the whole map all the time?
There's not many guilds that can keep up with us and we will work with anyone that can - friend or foe. We offered TPL a deal, but they refused. LaO otoh is willing to work with us when the situation calls for it and despite the anxiety and mistrust between long time enemies, these seasons are always successful.
As far as trapping in front of your door: only when needed. When doing a full pinwheel, we rarely bother with the outer ring on either map but let everyone play around there as they please but if you try to break through on a tile where we need the camps because the adjacent one opens in 15 minutes, yes we will slow you down.

daveawebster

the old map just doesn't have enough sectors for more powerful guilds, even my current guild has issues getting hits sometimes when we dominate the map and it doesn't help when there are just too many guilds on a map together to share a smaller map in higher leagues. the new map is better with more sectors, but some guilds just want more than that's available. unless they do something like shorten the locks from 4 hrs to 2 hrs to provide more hit opportunities, maybe a guild that is more powerful than 2 guilds might have more hits per member if the guild were split into 2 guilds and could pair up on maps when together.

just fyi, i've discussed this post with my current guild and although i didn't name the guild, i thought i should clarify that i'm voicing my personal opinions and observations while a member of multiple guilds throughout my time here and my opinion doesn't necessarily reflect my current guild's opinion as a whole.

Last edited:
dave is entitled to his personal opinions, but his comments, suggestions and conclusions are his own and NOT representative of his current guild. Every guild can and should approach GBG however they choose, without being called bullies or characterized as abusing their power. Arisen, RwD and QL are all really good at GBG. Good for them. To the victors go the spoils.

Johnny B. Goode

So the problem with this non-issue is that the farming aspect is a player construct and the thought that every guild "deserves" the right to compete with every other guild on an equal footing is just simply a fantasy. Being able to "farm" GBG and get as many fights/negotiations in as you want is not a player's right. It is also probably not what Inno intended GBG to turn into (although they should have known it would). And as far as the thought that every guild should be protected from more powerful guilds, that is just utter nonsense. Yes, GBG is deeply flawed, but your guild not being able to compete against bigger/more powerful/more active guilds is not one of the flaws.

And the other problem with this non-issue is the outlandish notion that this is somehow "bullying". Bullying is a serious real world issue that should not be cheapened or diminished by mistakenly tagging legal game play with that term.

Status
Not open for further replies.