• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

guilds !! yeah...what are they good for

DeletedUser33036

I would just join a low level guild if you don't want to contribute. There are still great rewards even for a low level guild.

DeletedUser

There is a VERY good reason not to friend your guild mates. You reduce the amount of Aid you can receive. That may not be a factor for you, but it is a huge factor for me (I have 101 SoKs, 10 HoFs and 3 Pillars that need aid everyday). In addition, having the extra friends means more trade partners, more snipe targets, more FP donors to my GBs, more blueprints and goods from RFP and SV, etc.
If you have less than 140 friends, there is no reason not to friend your guild mates. I restated that because I didn't say to replace non-guild friends with guild mates. The majority of players don't carry a constant 140 friends, and for them it is better to friend guild mates than to leave the slots empty. Besides that, sitting in guild mates' Taverns benefits the guild as a whole, because that provides Tavern silver to pay for boosts that will help their GE/GvG efforts and other areas of their city development. The only factor that you mention that really argues against my point is the amount of aid if you have a huge number of buildings like SoKs that need motivating to make them worthwhile, but most players don't have that issue.

Woody*

If you have less than 140 friends, there is no reason not to friend your guild mates. I restated that because I didn't say to replace non-guild friends with guild mates. The majority of players don't carry a constant 140 friends, and for them it is better to friend guild mates than to leave the slots empty. Besides that, sitting in guild mates' Taverns benefits the guild as a whole, because that provides Tavern silver to pay for boosts that will help their GE/GvG efforts and other areas of their city development. The only factor that you mention that really argues against my point is the amount of aid if you have a huge number of buildings like SoKs that need motivating to make them worthwhile, but most players don't have that issue.

I agree that friending guildmates if you have less than 140 is ok. But every benefit I mentioned would help a lot of players out there. Most players don't min/max the game, but for the ones that do, maximizing their time, space, resources and getting the most out of their Friends List are all very important. Spending some time to build and maintain a good friends list is definitely worth it.

DeletedUser

Spending some time to build and maintain a good friends list is definitely worth it.
I don't disagree with that at all. And as I said, before the Friends Tavern there was no benefit to having a guild mate on your friends list. Another factor that I didn't mention is leave of absences necessitated by GE. If a guild member won't be able to participate in GE in a certain week for whatever reason, it is better for them to take a 7 day sabbatical from the guild rather than counting in the guild cost for unlocking GE levels and counting as an 0/48. Unfortunately, that also can cause problems if the member is in a GB club or some such thing, unless that member is friends with their guild mates.

DeletedUser32906

So just a quick comparison:

I’m in an elite guild, level 69, #1 on O. It grants me 8FP a day, 17% reduction in building costs, and a 31% reduction of recruitment and healing times. That means my traz (and rogues) turns over ever 16.5 hours instead of 24, which means I produce a third more units than I would. They require 7fp minimum to the Great Building of the week (which I’ve been awarded twice, your building goes up by three levels in one week) 2fp to new buildings in the sticks, and high participation across the board.

Working together at this level creates a real family atmosphere. After 2 years I know a lot of my guild mates personally, and we’ve even thrown a huge get together IRL. If you really want to see the game shine, a hard working guild is the way to go.
So y’all pick 1 great buildings a week ...... that’s a great idea..... would make it easier to keep track and rewarding when it’s your turn