• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

guilds !! yeah...what are they good for

DeletedUser32439

hiya, i have joined a few guilds here and there but i fail to see the overall point of them.

considering !!, i dont pvp.

so, if you join a guild they have all these fp threads. is the idea to no longer put fp's into your own GB's. and hope that maybe u get some fp packs or bp's..which really seems very unlikely .
you go into someones gb and you see someone with 130 fps, and then 20 ppl with 5fps. and you what ....become the 21st player to put in 5fp's.
i just dont see the point in it. i may as well put my 5 fps into my own gb.

i did join a good guild once, and they expect you to complete 1 lvl of GE...for maybe an extra 2 fp's a day.
thats a lot of work to put in for 2 fp's...and they expect a orbsevatory gb s you put time and fps into that venture just so they can unlock more ge lvl's that will just cost you more time and goods...and it goes on and on....but for what end, and extra 2 fp's a day...meh

*Arturis*

lol guild just for social interaction and peer pressure, depends on what you are looking in for in a guild, you need to find the one that fit your need and call fun.

DeletedUser31540

hiya, i have joined a few guilds here and there but i fail to see the overall point of them.

considering !!, i dont pvp.

so, if you join a guild they have all these fp threads. is the idea to no longer put fp's into your own GB's. and hope that maybe u get some fp packs or bp's..which really seems very unlikely .
you go into someones gb and you see someone with 130 fps, and then 20 ppl with 5fps. and you what ....become the 21st player to put in 5fp's.
i just dont see the point in it. i may as well put my 5 fps into my own gb.

i did join a good guild once, and they expect you to complete 1 lvl of GE...for maybe an extra 2 fp's a day.
thats a lot of work to put in for 2 fp's...and they expect a orbsevatory gb s you put time and fps into that venture just so they can unlock more ge lvl's that will just cost you more time and goods...and it goes on and on....but for what end, and extra 2 fp's a day...meh

Do 64 / 64 encounters in GE every week. --- free diamonds --- get free Sacred Sky Watch and Terrace farms ... these are amazing buildings that can drastically improve your city's efficiency

Fp swap threads are great but if you are new try to do personal swaps with a friend or guildmate instead to get the BPs you want as well as a nice reward!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31206

The main advantage to a guild is in trading for you don't have to use FPs if you trade with guild members. Why complain if the requirement of a Guild is for you to finish level 1 in GE for level 1 is the easiest level? Now I wouldn't join a guild that requires you to complete all 64 encounters for while it may not be impossible and I've come close to doing so a couple of times I had to spend a whole lot more than I received. I heard people say that they receive a lot diamonds in level 4, but I only received one 100 diamonds. Now once my GBs get higher maybe I'll receive things that make level 4 worth while, but right now for me levels 1 - 3 are the only ones worth doing. As for FP swaps they are useful as long as you pay attention to what others have donated and donate to them as often as you can for if you rely on what blue prints you get from motivating/polishing/plundering or from rewards GE, Daily Challenge, and events it's going to take you a whole lot longer than it does by taking part in FP swaps.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32389

So just a quick comparison:

I’m in an elite guild, level 69, #1 on O. It grants me 8FP a day, 17% reduction in building costs, and a 31% reduction of recruitment and healing times. That means my traz (and rogues) turns over ever 16.5 hours instead of 24, which means I produce a third more units than I would. They require 7fp minimum to the Great Building of the week (which I’ve been awarded twice, your building goes up by three levels in one week) 2fp to new buildings in the sticks, and high participation across the board.

Working together at this level creates a real family atmosphere. After 2 years I know a lot of my guild mates personally, and we’ve even thrown a huge get together IRL. If you really want to see the game shine, a hard working guild is the way to go.

DeletedUser32009

So just a quick comparison:

I’m in an elite guild, level 69, #1 on O. It grants me 8FP a day, 17% reduction in building costs, and a 31% reduction of recruitment and healing times. That means my traz (and rogues) turns over ever 16.5 hours instead of 24, which means I produce a third more units than I would. They require 7fp minimum to the Great Building of the week (which I’ve been awarded twice, your building goes up by three levels in one week) 2fp to new buildings in the sticks, and high participation across the board.

Working together at this level creates a real family atmosphere. After 2 years I know a lot of my guild mates personally, and we’ve even thrown a huge get together IRL. If you really want to see the game shine, a hard working guild is the way to go.
That sounds like a really great guild to be a member of. I'm not an experienced player, at all! I love my guild. They teach me and our combined efforts unites us. There is even one young player I think the world of. He is like my FOE kid, lol.
Self accomplishments are fine, but guild wide (family wide) they are a reason to celebrate and have fun beyond the mundane world.

DeletedUser8428

And then at the other end of the spectrum are players like me - no guild, no thanks. Clearly some players enjoy a family atmosphere or united efforts. But I'm not focused on cooperative achievement.

:) Someone in a related thread posted in the last day or two about how we would all be 'welcome in her guild if we met the guild requirements' and I'm thinkin' .. what are you kidding me? No thanks. In my down time, I have no intention of worrying about meeting someone else's arbitrary standard. While my progress may be slower than some as a result, this style of play suits me far greater that being in a group with (ye Gods) requirements.

DeletedUser32389

And then at the other end of the spectrum are players like me - no guild, no thanks. Clearly some players enjoy a family atmosphere or united efforts. But I'm not focused on cooperative achievement.

:) Someone in a related thread posted in the last day or two about how we would all be 'welcome in her guild if we met the guild requirements' and I'm thinkin' .. what are you kidding me? No thanks. In my down time, I have no intention of worrying about meeting someone else's arbitrary standard. While my progress may be slower than some as a result, this style of play suits me far greater that being in a group with (ye Gods) requirements.

There are zero requirements guilds for people like you. Join one with a high number of people around your age and you may be able to save FP on simple trades. Got nothing to lose

DeletedUser8428

The last time I played, I was in a zero requirement guild. Nice people, although my pace through the game tends to be aggressive and I quickly discovered that I was outpacing my guildmates who could not assist with trades in advance of their era. But there are benefits to cooperation and being in a guild is particularly useful for new players. But there are also benefits (to me) of solo play, thanks.

DeletedUser29623

Maybe the OP isn’t really serious, but just in case they are a new player, a good guild:

Increases the number of buildings you can motivate and polish, so you have a higher chance of getting blueprints (and coins from aiding).

You have literally nothing to lose in swap threads since you always get your FPs back, so even with a slight chance of getting some medals, bps or FPs as rewards, it is better than self-leveling. If you concentrate on donating to a few buildings, you can increase that chance. The more advanced you get in the game the more FP your city generates and the greater the chance of getting rewards.

Trading alone: Do you really want to pay FPs to trade goods?

Advice: You seem to be a beginner and there’s a lot you can learn if you join a helpful guild with more advanced players.

Many established guilds will help newer players get the goods they need to build GBs above their age.

As for GE: I don’t really understand why people complain about being required to do this. It’s the best part of the game, imho. You have to get past the first level for the payoffs to really kick in, and a Tower of Relics makes it more profitable on every level. LOL, complaining that you “only” got 100 diamonds! Personally, my whole game revolves around GE. It gives you enough troops that you don’t have to build barracks and it’s the only steady source of diamonds beside your own wallet. Also, I wonder what else you’re doing that seems more important? Rushing up the the tech tree or through the continent map is not a great idea.

Falconwing

While I can see some isolated cases where a person would be fine without a Guild, it is still a huge mistake not to join one. There are just too many advantages in joining a Guild.

Ognar, Algona, and Lauramiller nailed most of the reasons. If, after reading their comments and the comments of others, you still do not see the benefit of joining a Guild, then you must be stupid and I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you.

DeletedUser

I still am surprised at the number of players who negare this by having Guildies on their Friends List.

Guildies may be great friends but they make lousy Friends.
I would have agreed with this before the Friends Tavern. Not anymore. If you're below 140 friends, there is no reason not to friend your guild mates.

DeletedUser32009

That is another reason that makes the game so much fun for so many. It satisfies a multitude of play styles, loner, guildie, farmer, fighter, hybrid. GvG, GE, towers. It is a g
While I can see some isolated cases where a person would be fine without a Guild, it is still a huge mistake not to join one. There are just too many advantages in joining a Guild.

Ognar, Algona, and Lauramiller nailed most of the reasons. If, after reading their comments and the comments of others, you still do not see the benefit of joining a Guild, then you must be stupid and I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you.
I don't think we have to call people stupid if they play their game the way they want to. It sounds like hjh knows the advantages of a guild and prefers not to be in one.

Triopoly Champion

Advantages to a Good Guild:

- Free FPs every fay.

- Trade with no FP cost. Mpre trade partners.

- Help that you will not get elsewhere. Help wiith discount and free Good.. GB BP Acquisition. Advice.

But you do have to agree to and abide by rules of the Guild.

Is it worth it? Each player makes that decision.
Definitely worth it, (40 limestone + 40 ebony) for 40 EMA goods always trade out fast except alabaster which takes regular amount of time.

Woody*

I would have agreed with this before the Friends Tavern. Not anymore. If you're below 140 friends, there is no reason not to friend your guild mates.

There is a VERY good reason not to friend your guild mates. You reduce the amount of Aid you can receive. That may not be a factor for you, but it is a huge factor for me (I have 101 SoKs, 10 HoFs and 3 Pillars that need aid everyday). In addition, having the extra friends means more trade partners, more snipe targets, more FP donors to my GBs, more blueprints and goods from RFP and SV, etc.