• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GVG lag

DeletedUser32389

Another night with 5+ seconds at a time being lost from the game timer in lag. Not acceptable.
WTAF
giphy.gif

DeletedUser11427

The GvG lag affects all the worlds I play in, and has nothing to do with browser and/or if your flash is updated. It's seriously affecting battle outcomes. While the GvG lag has existed for some time, and many have stopped GvG because of it, since the recent update to OF 6, it's worse, and other aspects of the game are affected as well. In some worlds, chat comments by you or others do not show until a refresh. If your watching the maps, you will not be able to see if a siege has been placed on your territory, until a refresh. You and others in your guild will not see your own guilds siege, until a refresh. You do not see armies coming off the hex your attacking, or damage to your own siege army, until a refresh. You will not see that a defensive slot has been filled until a refresh.

DeletedUser3882

It's seriously affecting battle outcomes.

Ive learned to take these things with a grain of salt... Frustrating at times, but still try to have fun...

Recent battle I lost due to NOT refreshing, but I honestly didn’t feel the need to. Particular battle had been going on for a couple of hours. Back and forth. They’d siege, I’d kill it. I’d siege, they’d kill it. Back and forth it went with some good hearted smack talking going on in chat. I *thought* things had finally died down or I wore them down, but noooooooooo....

Lag hit as I was watching the maps for their next siege. I never saw it. No chat, no inbox messages, no event history, no swords bouncing and the dudes took down the whole thing while I sat staring at a blank sector!

I finally did refresh for whatever reason and saw the red shield. I was too late :/ Inbox was full and chat was “loaded” with nice things to say and for all to see... I didn’t screen shot any of this, therefore it really didn’t happen, and I just “suck” evidently...

Falconwing

Thank you, I do use chrome. Opera as a FOE only browser must be my next step.
I was playing on Chrome but I switched to Opera for this game a few months ago. I saw a big difference in playing. I still use Chrome for everything else though.

DeletedUser11427

The lag is bad enough, but freezes, invisible sieges, etc, and Inno deny's it even exists, and has no interest in fixing it. They have said to me, that i'm the only one complaining. Somehow I can't believe that. and as stated above, it affects battle outcomes. I've tried 3 different browsers, so it's on Innos end. Can someone submit a proposal for Inno to fix this issue. I don't know how.

DeletedUser32397

To be honest, the reason why there is so much lag is most likely because of inefficient coding, which would take a while to replace but would make GvG much faster (and less laggy)