• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hall of Fame

Charmante

I wouldn’t describe as catty in the least, he’s a very well behaved kitty for the most part.

But the culture of the forum is something you’ll need to get used to: we call each other out all the time for many reasons, one of which is behaving in a way that comes across as a humble brag. You will be well known on this forum if you attempt to do so. It was a humorous warning, not catty.

Well, it was not a humble brag. Simply explaining my reasons. If I brag, I assure you it would be of my education, career, or some such. Indeed, I adore gaming and usually am quite good -- but at the end of the day, it is indeed just a game. :)

For the most part though, I have enjoyed this game -- and forum. Everyone seems helpful and friendly.

I flip houses professionally for a living -- so I stay insanely busy and find life has a way of becoming TOO hectic.

So I am just looking for a place to chat, relax, and unwind. Enjoy some gaming and chatting. :)

-Sebastian-

How best do I evaluate the guilds and find one that will best train and help me?

(This is advice I'd give a new player, but you seem like you're experienced at other games, so I dunno how much of this applies to you...)

What I'd do is spend a bit of time looking through the guild rankings. Start at the top, work your way down, read about how they describe themselves and what the requirements are. That should give you a solid grounding in what well-run guilds expect from their members, and how they describe themselves. When you've found a few guilds where you meet the requirements and they seem like a good fit for your personality and level of activity, contact the guild (however they want you to) and see what they say.

Watch out for guilds that say that they have no rules, or no requirements. I think the first tends to mean "the rules are whatever the founder thinks should be obvious", and the second means "what you you get is what you give, and no one here gives anything". Also, there are multiple definitions of "fair trade", so be clear about which ones are OK.

One good sign is if the guild is in Platinum or Diamond league. Another is if they offer a 1.9 list. And if they say they welcome new players, or have early-age mentors, or something like that. And if there's a wide range of players - points don't mean anything specific, but they're a decent measure of how much time someone's spent on the game. You definitely want at least some players over 50 million points, if not over 100 million points (although the distribution depends on the world you're in).

And it might also help if you say that you want to build an Arc and Observatory as soon as possible, and are actively hunting for blueprints. They both contribute goods directly to the guild's treasury, so a lot of guilds ask that you have them, or at least be looking for them.

-Sebastian-

Oh, one other thing. A lot of guilds have requirements like "must complete level 1 GE" or "must complete level 2 GE every week and level 4 GE when needed". Right now, your city is probably able to do level 1 GE, and maybe part of level 2. Don't get in over your head. :) Ideally you'll find a guild that opens all 4 levels of GE every week, but only requires you to do level 1. I found one of those in Xyr, and I'm very happy there. It's a good place to grow.

In general, I'd say a good way to measure the health of your city, is how much GE you can do. Fighting encounters requires attack boost, and negotiating encounters requires a lot of goods. It's a bit like exercising - it's how we find out how out of shape we are... ;-)

Nicholas002

TBH I just made a guild to solo gvg, ge and gbg : 3 *pls dont copy me Im stupid*
I think it would be fun to see how far you could get with a one man guild. If you got way ahead of era troops, ( PME in INDY, or OF in CE), you could probably battle pretty high in attrition, and have a shot at platinum or even diamond in GBg. would be a fun experiment.

Deitized-Karma

I think it would be fun to see how far you could get with a one man guild. If you got way ahead of era troops, ( PME in INDY, or OF in CE), you could probably battle pretty high in attrition, and have a shot at platinum or even diamond in GBg. would be a fun experiment.
I mean I can solo smaller guilds in GvG cause I mained attacking *while iron age* than went to ema got a sector than started to slowly transfer to goods* while clearing level 3 of GE and battleground all my opponetes were afk so

Deitized-Karma

Whats funny tho is im a complete noob and started a month or 2 ago and everyone was against me and said I would fail so I won out of pity to them being right : 3

Lady Gato

Whats funny tho is im a complete noob and started a month or 2 ago and everyone was against me and said I would fail so I won out of pity to them being right : 3
:D What's really funny is Sir @Nicholas002 would also be considered a noob if you just judged by how long he's been playing. So it's not the length of play it's HOW you play. And don't worry @TrueKingKarma I'm a noob too. NOOBS UNITE>

Farfle the smelly

Woah a lot of passive agressive comments if he or she wants to make a guild let them no real harm
Don’t lie to him. He could very easily detour his game by a few months by trying to reinvent the wheel. Of course there’s no harm to HIM, but yes there is harm to his game. He would eventually get so frustrated (and broke because he kept buying his way out of GE), that he would rage-quit or something. Letting him learn the ropes and get feedback is smart, and frankly waaay necessary if he ever wants to start his own guild.

Deitized-Karma

TBH im just going off of personal experience and sorry if you thought I was trying to pursuade anyone
edit u posted atfer lol

Farfle the smelly

Note: I’m also a noob!

Thinking back about the time you spent guilding solo and comparing it to today - what parts of being part of a full guild changed your game the most? You did finally end up in a (non solo) guild, ya?

Edit: I think access to swap threads alone are key for a new player.

wontn23

Oh, one other thing. A lot of guilds have requirements like "must complete level 1 GE" or "must complete level 2 GE every week and level 4 GE when needed". Right now, your city is probably able to do level 1 GE, and maybe part of level 2. Don't get in over your head. :) Ideally you'll find a guild that opens all 4 levels of GE every week, but only requires you to do level 1. I found one of those in Xyr, and I'm very happy there. It's a good place to grow.

In general, I'd say a good way to measure the health of your city, is how much GE you can do. Fighting encounters requires attack boost, and negotiating encounters requires a lot of goods. It's a bit like exercising - it's how we find out how out of shape we are... ;-)

And which one is that?