• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2023. Are you a fan?

How do you feel about the Halloween Event 2023?

• I don't get it and I'm just clicking things till I lose/I hate it

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I can kind of struggle through the game/I don't really like it

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • It's just okay. Not my favorite

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I like this event

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • It's the best event so far this year!

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

Amiar

If you want to remodel your city quickly then a standalone building will do it much faster and not have any issues with too few kits

Stage of Ages looks like it'll be a Daily Special, that might be worth considering.

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Stage_of_Ages
W_SS_MultiAge_AgeBonus22-c28d8dd04.png

Size: 4x4
When Motivated
when_motivated-060eef00c.png
4 x
strategy_points-d9d1373db.png

15 x
all_goods_of_previous_age-b7f0bbea8.png

Passive Boosts
7-20%
att_boost_attacker-6070a3719.png

Happiness + Population

Alternatively the Tower of Whispering Horrors is a option if you're after military boost, but won't do much for your Aid issue due to how similar it is in size to your Shrine of Knowledge. You'd have to hold out for at least another 2 months of needing Aid

Another option is the Batsy Bar's Ectoplasmic Elixirs. Again, not going to do much for your Aid issue, but it does give an Aid Kit to inventory every time it's Aided AND it has military boost

You'll definitely be interested in the Winter Event when it comes to fixing your Aid. The Nutcracker Guardhouse produce Mass Aid Kits. Get 15 Lvl 1 Nutcracker Guardhouse, or
10 of the upgraded version
and you'll get a Mass Aid Kit each and every day. You won't have a Aid problem ever again if you can get enough of the Nutcrackers
Thanks for your super thoughful reply. The stage of ages is very interesting. It doesn't quite increase my FP per square, which I'm trying to transition toward: having a more FP efficient city. I think for right now I'll see how many tarot caravans I can get and go from there :)

FP is still my main priority, but military is second. So I really like the tarot vendor. The stage is tempting for all that and goods, but I don't have many issues with goods right now.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I have a decent amount of empty space in my city, so I won't have to start deleting stuff just yet probably for the tarot caravans. I have a lot of extra military buildings filling up space for military boost, but I can clear them out for the caravans and keep the SOKs as long as I can.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

TLDR This is the lamest minigame ever, as well as, you shouldn't have to consult outside video's on how to play the damn thing.
INNO sent us a tutorial video. You don't have to consult outside videos but why not? @UBERhelp1 and @MooingCat produce excellent guides to give players a leg up, especially when new mechanics are involved. A few minutes of preparation goes a long way towards eliminating any regret later.

Sharmon the Impaler

What some are doing is opening up a secondary city only for testing new mechanics on events before starting the event in their mains. It takes about 5 minutes to open one up and run through the paces without hosing it for your main if you make a mistake.

xivarmy

I just started playing again like 2 months ago after a 3-4 year break. My city is currently full of terrace farms and SOKs that don't always get motivated (because I have like 70 of them). So I need to do some remodeling. A single building that puts out 11 FP with a military boost is attractive, especially with a blue Galaxy.

Out of all the buildings you can get in this event I feel like it's the best one. But, I'm open to other suggestions. I was thinking an Eagle mountain, but if I come up short 1 upgrade I will have wasted the previous ones. With the tarot I'll be able to combine the Halloween selection kits and tarot kits.
I agree for what comes out of the epic halloween kit, it probably suits best.

But if you were considering eagle mountain, I'd seriously consider Tower of Whispering Horrors. No coin production, but excellent efficiency for attack and defense and a 1-shot item that you can place as many as you win. And you should be able to win a lot of em.

Amiar

I agree for what comes out of the epic halloween kit, it probably suits best.

But if you were considering eagle mountain, I'd seriously consider Tower of Whispering Horrors. No coin production, but excellent efficiency for attack and defense and a 1-shot item that you can place as many as you win. And you should be able to win a lot of em.
Thanks, Xiv. That's a lot to consider for sure. I do like how it would be 3fp for me. It's the same FP/tile efficiency as the lvl 12 tarot, but for 12 levels of Tarot I could get 12 of those, which would be 30 FP and 120% attack and 144 def. The downside is requiring more aid and taking up more room. But I think you may have swayed me. If tower shows up before the selection kits I'll try and max em out, then I guess I'll try to round out my upgrade kits to build as many full tarots as possible. My city is about to get a facelift haha! Got these banked so far!

1698772810098.png

And you play on O right? I added you :)

Amiar

Play might be a stretch - I have a city there. Though sometimes it might be weeks between visits as it's not even one of my better mines.
No worries :) I'm well versed in that. Sometimes I didn't even log on my only diamond mine to collect :p

jaymoney23456

Inno needs to provide a wiki explanation of how to play the minigame as well as being able to have practice rounds to see how it works when they introduce a totally new minigame. Otherwise, it is just a scheme to generate more income because many will struggle to figure it out at first and miss out on the chance for a full event building etc. without spending diamonds/buying the pass.

Amiar

Whether this is impressive or not depends on how many teeth were spent to get that number of keys and whether you bought extra teeth with diamonds.
I didn't use any diamonds and have done all possible quests. Have 2.6k teeth in the bank. I have about the same amount on both worlds I play.

PJS299

Stage of Ages looks like it'll be a Daily Special, that might be worth considering.
I remember when the SoA was new. I filled my city with them because back then they were pretty nice. Even the number one on my main filled his city up. Now I'm slowly getting rid of them as newer and better buildings come out. The Golden Summerhold Manor, for example. IIRC, it's much better, and the same size.

I really like this event. It's a bit more time consuming than other events, but I feel like it is much more based on skill and strategy than previous events that could be more based on luck. Right now I'm playing on 2 worlds and have managed to defeat 2 decks each day without running out of teeth yet.

The thing I like most about this event is that you can hoard keys and spend them all on the daily prize when it's something you want. I'm going for the tarot caravan. I feel like by the end of the event I might realistically be able to build like 4-5 lvl 12s and hopefully have the vibrant upgrade from the Grand Prizes.

How are you guys doing in the event?
If you want to remodel your city quickly then a standalone building will do it much faster and not have any issues with too few kits

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Stage_of_Ages
W_SS_MultiAge_AgeBonus22-c28d8dd04.png

Size: 4x4
When Motivated
4 x
strategy_points-d9d1373db.png

15 x
all_goods_of_previous_age-b7f0bbea8.png

Passive Boosts
7-20%
att_boost_attacker-6070a3719.png

Happiness + Population

Alternatively the Tower of Whispering Horrors is a option if you're after military boost, but won't do much for your Aid issue due to how similar it is in size to your Shrine of Knowledge. You'd have to hold out for at least another 2 months of needing Aid

Another option is the Batsy Bar's Ectoplasmic Elixirs. Again, not going to do much for your Aid issue, but it does give an Aid Kit to inventory every time it's Aided AND it has military boost

You'll definitely be interested in the Winter Event when it comes to fixing your Aid. The Nutcracker Guardhouse produce Mass Aid Kits. Get 15 Lvl 1 Nutcracker Guardhouse, or
10 of the upgraded version
and you'll get a Mass Aid Kit each and every day. You won't have a Aid problem ever again if you can get enough of the Nutcrackers
Can anyone explain why we would want a Sparkborn? It reduces happiness by thousands and gives very little in return. Duh! and it’s my next grand prize. This Event is pathetic

Pericles the Lion

Can anyone explain why we would want a Sparkborn? It reduces happiness by thousands and gives very little in return. Duh! and it’s my next grand prize. This Event is pathetic
The Sparkforge Stormspire (gold level) gives 6% red attack, 1 good, and a chance for either FPs or DT frags. All on one square and it doesn't need a road. For many of us the hit to happiness is not a problem. I have 8 of them now in my city, looking to add more.

Johnny B. Goode

The Sparkforge Stormspire (gold level) gives 6% red attack, 1 good, and a chance for either FPs or DT frags. All on one square and it doesn't need a road. For many of us the hit to happiness is not a problem. I have 8 of them now in my city, looking to add more.
6% attack when people complain that the 300% black potion makes little difference? Not much of a reason.
1 Good? Wow! How many does it take to raise the latest era GB one level? Even less of a reason.
Chance for 2/4 FP? Yawn.
Chance for 2 DT fragments? Even with 8 it will take you an average of 12.5 days to get one DT. And that DT is only good for one day's attack boost. (And only 50% at that.) Again, not much of a reason.
Go ahead and fill your city with them, though. Doesn't affect my Happiness. :)

Lorendar

The event is horrible. You can make the best possible card match up and you still lose almost as many damage points that the opposing card can do. Then there's the "randomness" of your card choices which promise 1,2 or even 3 redraws. It's also, sad that when there is a crap special prize, you win 5 of them on each card battle, but when there's a good prize, you win Special Ed units and medals. This event is definitely one that if you really want it, you may as well go ahead and shell out the cash. It's the only way you're gonna get it.

Pericles the Lion

6% attack when people complain that the 300% black potion makes little difference? Not much of a reason.
1 Good? Wow! How many does it take to raise the latest era GB one level? Even less of a reason.
Chance for 2/4 FP? Yawn.
Chance for 2 DT fragments? Even with 8 it will take you an average of 12.5 days to get one DT. And that DT is only good for one day's attack boost. (And only 50% at that.) Again, not much of a reason.
Go ahead and fill your city with them, though. Doesn't affect my Happiness. :)
You don't like 6% red attack per square? Not including GBs what red attack buildings do you have in your city? Of them, which have better attack % per square? :rolleyes: