• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween quest issues

magden the great

Amazing, I am on quest 45 of the halloween event NO Betty, Annabell, or Pete yet ...... I guess I will never get the toy collector bonus ........ seems rigged .... haven't missed a square ....... Also noticed that when a quest mentions random incidents or something else ....never seem to see random incidents until I do the something else.

Vger

Amazing, I am on quest 45 of the halloween event NO Betty, Annabell, or Pete yet ...... I guess I will never get the toy collector bonus ........ seems rigged .... haven't missed a square ....... Also noticed that when a quest mentions random incidents or something else ....never seem to see random incidents until I do the something else.
Not rigged, just random. When they use this event engine, not everybody gets all 8. But who cares? What do you win? A few tools and Chuckles. Not really a game changer if you don't get all 8.

Just curious, what do you mean by "haven't missed a square"? I always let squares go by. Not every square is worth the cost of a tool to uncover it.

Vger

I also never let squares go by eigther.
I hope you at least mean 'Dark' squares. No point using a tool to uncover a 'Light' square unless it has something you want.
You want to expose as many dark squares as you can with each use of a tool. I won't use a candle to get to a single light bulb unless it also exposes another square or 2. The light bulbs just keep on coming.

Lady Gato

@Vger - forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean about a "dark" square? I pretty much have finished the event and saw this thread and your comment. Hope to understand the tactics of this game more so when it comes up again (or something similar) I'll be prepared.

I did manage to find Anabella so I was able to complete the toy collection and get the light set. By this time in the event in beta, I had 3 mad scientist labs, 3 chapels, and a couple of haunted houses - in live server I only have 1 of each. So it seems like the toys are dropping less than they were for me on beta. I plan on selling these items to the AD so tho the quests are tedious, I view them as worthwhile. Plus the miniquests give me more tickets for the main event.

Savvy187

Event is just too random, second year in a row I miss getting all the dolls, and I got just 2 AA upgrades putting all tickets towards it lol. I think it's normal as I have noticed a ton of inactives in our guild for this event, which never happens.

Last edited:

Algona

I abandon maybe 15% of Dark squares playing this type of game. There really is no reason to go for every one except obsessiveness. anything you miss is again going to be ahead of you. wasting time and tools to reach difficult ones, is not productive. Like I use the Flashlight typically on only each third line. (and if a lot of blocks in he passage, those below I leave behind undone) Then it illuminates the most dark squares with the least waste of the tool. I pass by a lot of candles.. if they are alone. I do all take the light bulbs i see though. but it is not needed .. I got the full Asylum and house.

This is a fantastic explanation of how to play this sort of mingame. Good job.