• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Happiness Issue

DeletedUser8428

Alcatraz isn't even on the radar. Bronze and Iron age buildings only.

The GB I seem to need most is Zeus. There is some jerk out there who keeps plundering my stuff and he is so advanced in the game I can't seem to stop him. In fact, he is the ONLY one that does this.
I feel your pain, but he won't be the last one to do this.

Working on Zeus is a great idea, but it will not help you in your bid to defend your city - from the description of Zeus "Military boost: While attacking, units gain +X% attack and defense." Zeus does not provide a boost to your defending army. Cathedral of Aachen (EMA) also provides attacking boost. It's not until you can build St Basil's in LMA that you get a "Fierce Resistance" boost - that is, a boost for your defending army.

DeletedUser40996

I was actually thinking about doing that. I upped those two based on trading. Each time I go into the trading section lumber and wine seem to be the main items others want. I'll take a 2nd look.
As you're in Iron age it's a waste to have too many lower aged goods buildings .

I feel your pain, but he won't be the last one to do this.

Working on Zeus is a great idea, but it will not help you in your bid to defend your city - from the description of Zeus "Military boost: While attacking, units gain +X% attack and defense." Zeus does not provide a boost to your defending army. Cathedral of Aachen (EMA) also provides attacking boost. It's not until you can build St Basil's in LMA that you get a "Fierce Resistance" boost - that is, a boost for your defending army.

In reading the descriptions of the GBs available to me none of them seem to provide a lot of use based on the requirements needed for them until I'm in the later eras and I only have 2 or three of the blueprint pieces available.

As to that guy... I know plundering is expected, yet when a specific person does it consistently it's an issue. When I click on the icon showing 3 people three additional tabs open up - "friends", "guilds" and something that looks like 2 houses and I have no idea what it's for. It does appear to show the top 76 players within the game ranked #1 - #76 with a number in the millions attached as well. This guy is in the top 5 and evidently there is no way I can stop him.

As mentioned, I know plundering does, and will, happen. HOWEVER - it seems that those who are so highly ranked shouldn't be able to go against people just getting into the game or so much lower in ranking than they are. Seems like players should only be able to attack and plunder only those who would have a chance of standing up to them. Seems rather cowardly for a big fish to consistently go after tiny fish.

Algona

Thoughts?
Generic advice for now. Find one mentor, you're getting conflicting and confusing advice in this thread. Ideally someone in your world, so post your world here.

There;s nothing wrong with asking for advice in the forum, I highly recommend it, but you should try to keep it to one topic at a time. So far you've covered Happiness, GBs, Goods, getting plundered...

All things we'll be happy to help you with, but maybe stay with one at a time?

So pick one and we'll be happy to help you out.

Below is some specific advice, but as I said, find a mentor from your world and work with them.

----------

Don;t be afraid to experiment with your city! There is only one irrevocable mistake players make, advancing in Era too quickly. So take your time and ask and learn and PLAY!

If you're doing fine producing and trading BA Goods, then produce and trade BA Goods.

The conventional wisdom has been that you produce current Era Goods and trade down (In your case building IA Goods and trading those for BA Goods) but that may need to be revisited with the advent of GBG and the increased demand for lower Era Goods.

Don;t sweat GBs right now, they'll come to you when you need them and figure out what you want and need.

Regarding getting plundered this is what I give all Guilides:

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a successful strategy. Don’t waste your time getting upset at being plundered. Take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum. If all else fails, be patient, hopefully you’ll rotate to a nicer hood in a couple weeks. In order of effectiveness.

TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD. Expensive but it does the job.

PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

FIND UNPLUNDERAB:E GOODS SOURCES. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods. Special Buildings, including Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, and motivated Tribal Square can’t be plundered. Recurring Quests can provide Goods.

MANIPULATE YOUR NEIGHBOTHOOD POSITION. Players at the bottom of the hood seldom attack the top players in the hood. Slow down your Tech and Continent growth and put some time and effort into acquiring and leveling GBs. This will move you up higher in the hood.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. If you are not inflicting any casualties try changing some of the units in your defense. Watchfires, Ritual Flame, some Special Event Buildings, Monastery, Deal Castle, St. Basils, Terra Cotta, and AO help with defence.

COUNTERATTACK PLUNDERERES. If you can, take back that which was yours. Even an unsuccessful attack may dissuade a casual plunderer.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

----------

Good luck!

Generic advice for now. Find one mentor, you're getting conflicting and confusing advice in this thread. Ideally someone in your world, so post your world here.

There;s nothing wrong with asking for advice in the forum, I highly recommend it, but you should try to keep it to one topic at a time. So far you've covered Happiness, GBs, Goods, getting plundered...

All things we'll be happy to help you with, but maybe stay with one at a time?

So pick one and we'll be happy to help you out.

Below is some specific advice, but as I said, find a mentor from your world and work with them.

----------

Don;t be afraid to experiment with your city! There is only one irrevocable mistake players make, advancing in Era too quickly. So take your time and ask and learn and PLAY!

If you're doing fine producing and trading BA Goods, then produce and trade BA Goods.

The conventional wisdom has been that you produce current Era Goods and trade down (In your case building IA Goods and trading those for BA Goods) but that may need to be revisited with the advent of GBG and the increased demand for lower Era Goods.

Don;t sweat GBs right now, they'll come to you when you need them and figure out what you want and need.

Regarding getting plundered this is what I give all Guilides:

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a successful strategy. Don’t waste your time getting upset at being plundered. Take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum. If all else fails, be patient, hopefully you’ll rotate to a nicer hood in a couple weeks. In order of effectiveness.

TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD. Expensive but it does the job.

PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

FIND UNPLUNDERAB:E GOODS SOURCES. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods. Special Buildings, including Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, and motivated Tribal Square can’t be plundered. Recurring Quests can provide Goods.

MANIPULATE YOUR NEIGHBOTHOOD POSITION. Players at the bottom of the hood seldom attack the top players in the hood. Slow down your Tech and Continent growth and put some time and effort into acquiring and leveling GBs. This will move you up higher in the hood.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. If you are not inflicting any casualties try changing some of the units in your defense. Watchfires, Ritual Flame, some Special Event Buildings, Monastery, Deal Castle, St. Basils, Terra Cotta, and AO help with defence.

COUNTERATTACK PLUNDERERES. If you can, take back that which was yours. Even an unsuccessful attack may dissuade a casual plunderer.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

----------

Good luck!

Thank you for all the information, it will take a while to digest it all.

I am in Vingrid; had no idea I could go to a different location and keep my city.

Will need to figure out how to find a mentor as well as figure out how to select a guild.

"TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD"

Took a look at this, it requires 9000 tavern points for 24 hours. I've been playing this game now for about 3 weeks or more and I might have gotten 9,000 in tavern silver, yet it's gone for a bigger table (10 places), the chairs, dish, table cloth and floor.

"PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings"

I though all buildings that produce anything were plunderable.

So much to learn.

DeletedUser38275

The only GB I have that's even close to being finished is Zeus. I'm missing 5 pieces of the blueprint and I guess you have to pay 40 FP plus all the materials in order to build it. Can't see how to get the other 5 pieces of the blueprint without buying and spending diamonds.

I would like to get at least 1 GB before advancing into the next era. Right now I'm just sitting and spinning my wheels. Can't go any further on the Continent Map - army isn't strong enough - and the last 3 territories I "conquered" were through negotiations. I've unlocked everything possible on the knowledge tree without entering the Early Middle Ages. Not sure what to do next.
Go step by step.

Also for higher age GB, there are players willing to help and sell you the needed goods for FP.
Clearly, produce the goods from your age that you have boosted provinces on the map, and start removing the previous age.

You do not mention, but finding/joining a helpful guild is essential if you want to enjoy the game more.
Good luck finding one in your world, just try them...

About plundering: just change your schedule of goods, or ignore the bully, he/she’ll go away.
PS: if you complete your main quest, you’ll get higher age troops, which are better at defending.
and btw, if you haven’t : select specific troops to defend, and change daily, that’ll fend of many attackers, if they lose more than they win.

DeletedUser8428

I am in Vingrid; had no idea I could go to a different location and keep my city.
Well yes and no. You can keep your city in Vingrid. AND you can create a brand new city on another world, like Uceria. But you'll have to start over from scratch on the new world, creating a new city. Many players do this.

"TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD" Took a look at this, it requires 9000 tavern points for 24 hours. I've been playing this game now for about 3 weeks or more and I might have gotten 9,000 in tavern silver, yet it's gone for a bigger table (10 places), the chairs, dish, table cloth and floor.
Spend your tavern silver for now on getting the biggest table with the most chairs. You will then be in a position to pull in the max amount of tavern silver which you can spend on the City Shield.

I though all buildings that produce anything were plunderable.
Buildings that have been 'motivated' (aided) by friends, guildmates and neighbors are not plunderable. So the more you develop your friends list, get yourself into an active guild, the more likely you are to protect your production by having your buildings aided. Remember, it's not being defeated that's tough (you lose NOTHING when someone attacks your city and you lose), it's only if you leave your production vulnerable to plunder. While you're working on getting a guild and developing a friends list - MAKE SURE YOU COLLECT YOUR "STUFF" ON TIME. If you do, it can't be plundered.

So much to learn.
And that's the point of the game.

Go step by step.

Also for higher age GB, there are players willing to help and sell you the needed goods for FP.
Clearly, produce the goods from your age that you have boosted provinces on the map, and start removing the previous age.

You do not mention, but finding/joining a helpful guild is essential if you want to enjoy the game more.
Good luck finding one in your world, just try them...

About plundering: just change your schedule of goods, or ignore the bully, he/she’ll go away.
PS: if you complete your main quest, you’ll get higher age troops, which are better at defending.
and btw, if you haven’t : select specific troops to defend, and change daily, that’ll fend of many attackers, if they lose more than they win.

Thanks for the tips and advice.

I'm currently trying to find a guild to join, there are so many!! I'll take a look at yours as well.

Well yes and no. You can keep your city in Vingrid. AND you can create a brand new city on another world, like Uceria. But you'll have to start over from scratch on the new world, creating a new city. Many players do this.

Spend your tavern silver for now on getting the biggest table with the most chairs. You will then be in a position to pull in the max amount of tavern silver which you can spend on the City Shield.

Buildings that have been 'motivated' (aided) by friends, guildmates and neighbors are not plunderable. So the more you develop your friends list, get yourself into an active guild, the more likely you are to protect your production by having your buildings aided. Remember, it's not being defeated that's tough (you lose NOTHING when someone attacks your city and you lose), it's only if you leave your production vulnerable to plunder. While you're working on getting a guild and developing a friends list - MAKE SURE YOU COLLECT YOUR "STUFF" ON TIME. If you do, it can't be plundered.

And that's the point of the game.

Thank you so much!!! This is all appreciated.