• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Has anyone earned the top tier reward for finished a settlement without using diamonds?

Vonderbach

I don't see how it's possible to finish the Viking settlement within the allotted time without using diamonds. If you have managed to do this, what was your strategy to avoid production barriers?

Algona

Yes.

Read UBER's phenomenal Cultural Settlement Guide in the Best Guides subforum.

Read the thread Cultural Settlements Progress in this subforum for advice tips tricks. Then post there if you still have specific questions.

RetiredGuy

every settlement.. every time.. use 4\4\4\4\8 hr cycles.. (Viking, Japan, Egypt... Aztec may require some 1 hr at the beginning..

I just finished my 5th Viking settlement and got my 5th top tier rewards with 1 day to spare. Without diamonds.

Each time I unlock one of the four required production buildings and finish the first 8-hour production cycle of each one, I immediately buy 2 expansions at the lowest prices (the 1st for 1 item, the 2nd for 5 items). That way, I always have room to build more without waiting and I don't end up giving more than that for expansions.

I always crank items out at 8/8/8 hour cycles, which means no getting up at night (8 hours of sleep is all I need a night, after all). But only until I get to the final 2 things to unlock, if I only need what a 4 hour cycle will get me. Producing more than you need at the end wastes time. Always look ahead to what you need.

If I get to a point in the process where I have an abundance of a certain item and lagging in another, I won't hesitate to delete a building and double- or triple-up to catch up. No skin off my back to just rebuild a building again when I'm caught up.

I've never used diamonds. Not yet.

The time constraint for the 6th settlement looks to be TIGHT as heck and has me nervous, LOL. I'm thinking diamonds might come in handy towards the end, to cut the building time of the clan house and the mead hall... I don't know, we'll see! It doesn't look physically possible without diamonds from here on, ugh...

Last edited:
That is true, thank heavens. The only reason I might keep the clan house around is for its population, so I can delete more shacks/huts and free up even more room.

Emberguard

every settlement.. every time.. use 4\4\4\4\8 hr cycles.. (Viking, Japan, Egypt... Aztec may require some 1 hr at the beginning..
Egypt you don't even need to use 4 hr cycles. As long as you can complete enough battles with only two military buildings you can get away with 8hr goods cycles, miss a bunch of cycles and still have 6-10 days left to finish Gold on some of the Egypt runs. The biggest hurdle for Egypt is the military. If you can get the military down pat it's dead easy. Use two Nubian Archer or two Camel Archer buildings and manual fight if you have to

I'm thinking diamonds might come in handy towards the end, to cut the building time of the clan house and the mead hall...
If you're intending to spend diamonds to speed things up it may be better to do so at the start of the settlement instead of the end depending on how many diamonds you think you'd be spending.
That is true, thank heavens. The only reason I might keep the clan house around is for its population, so I can delete more shacks/huts and free up even more room.
Yeah pretty sure when I went through Vikings that's what I ended up doing. Keeping 2 clan houses to delete all the other housing

Last edited: