• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Has the Polivation Algorithm Been Changed?

Xenosaur

If it's not aiding, it's happiness/population issue (notice NEGATIVE happiness buildings lately)? They used to be relegated to a few around Halloween, but they've broken out of their corral and have invaded the event circuit beyond just Halloween.

Inno does not want us complacent = just collecting and loading FP on a few big buildings and then being gone 23.5 hours from FoE.

They're gonna city "mix it up"... lab-rat style.

Did you ever wonder....? 3 minutes....

Part II

Last edited:

WillyTwoShoes

I took the hint and caught the Winter Event daily special for Nutcracker Guardhouses. I think its stupid that you have to load your city with buildings that mass aid because Inno crapped up the motivate/polish sequence for there own selfish reasons... but there you have it. At least until they change something else to suit there bottom line....

Pericles the Lion

I took the hint and caught the Winter Event daily special for Nutcracker Guardhouses. I think its stupid that you have to load your city with buildings that mass aid because Inno crapped up the motivate/polish sequence for there own selfish reasons... but there you have it. At least until they change something else to suit there bottom line....
For the benefit of players that are fortunate enough to have enough Nutcrackers, what are your recommendations for improving the aid priority order?

WillyTwoShoes

For the benefit of players that are fortunate enough to have enough Nutcrackers, what are your recommendations for improving the aid priority order?
The number 1 correction I would make is placing production buildings at the bottom of the aid priority. I have noticed production buildings being motivated repeatedly throughout the day after collection to the detriment of some Event Buildings which only motivate when singled out and selected. There have been a number of times I have been running 5 minute productions in my motivated Jumping Pumpkins to fulfil a quest obligation and get players auto aiding them after collection.

Also, and IMHO, I would think that the footprint size of any building being motivated or polished for that matter (large to small) would correct some of the nonsensical repeat motivation taking place.

Ebeondi Asi

A straightforward big size to small would alleviate almost all the problems. Aiding strictly by size with no other factor would IMO be a really positive change to the aid priority. (Buildings the same size would be randomly aided)
It would be simple and straightforward. Unlike the current nonsense

Pericles the Lion

A straightforward big size to small would alleviate almost all the problems. Aiding strictly by size with no other factor would IMO be a really positive change to the aid priority. (Buildings the same size would be randomly aided)
It would be simple and straightforward. Unlike the current nonsense
You would have an Olympic Treasury ahead of a Trailside Smithy or Grape Stompin' Festival?

WillyTwoShoes

I just realized that I missed a good opportunity to ask for what I really think would make a nice fix. Let me correct that now.
-
What I would really like to see is an option added to the player settings in which one could choose their own aid priorities. It would give the individual player more license in how they wish to play their game.

Maybe in these categories?
Event buildings
Happiness Buildings
Goods buildings
Production Buildings

-

Pericles the Lion

I just realized that I missed a good opportunity to ask for what I really think would make a nice fix. Let me correct that now.
-
What I would really like to see is an option added to the player settings in which one could choose their own aid priorities. It would give the individual player more license in how they wish to play their game.

Maybe in these categories?
Event buildings
Happiness Buildings
Goods buildings
Production Buildings

-
Consider the Olympic Treasury L10. It is an Event building that provides happiness, goods, supplies, population and forge points. Compare this with the Grape Stomping Festival which is also an Event building that produces forge points, goods, attack boosts, and frags of the Autumn Vineyard. Both of these buildings check several, or all, of your boxes. How would your suggestion work in cases like these (and there are many)?

I don't think that there is an aiding priority mechanism that will appeal to all players. Personally, I am not worried about getting forge point or supply producing buildings aided. My ideal priority would be buildings that generate frags of other buildings first, goods producers second, then everything else. But that's just me and I don't expect that my ideal would be the same for everyone else. INNO's task is to come up with an order that makes sense for most players. Frankly, I think that they have accomplished this with the recent update.

Big-Bendz

I'm a middle level player (been on about 10 years) and 2 worlds are in Space Ages. Once you get to a certain level you need more aids that what are possible. Even if you have full friends list & large guild it is tough to get everything done because many people don't aid every day (not playing every day) or for whatever reason. A 3rd world I'm on is a much younger smaller world. I'm collecting the mass aids and the individual aids as I don't need them now for that world but I'm still getting them and saving them for the future cause I know I'm going to need them as my world grows.

Mor-Rioghain

I noticed in the last few days that the sequence of auto-polivation from other players has been quite different from before. Now the the little buildings that used to be second-tier in the process, such as Golden Goal Gyros, Jumpin’ Pumpkin and Stormspire, are being prioritized over major event buildings from recent events, such as Winter Wonderland Pyramid, Buccaneer's Bay and Aegean Resort. When it first happened a couple of days ago I thought it was a one-time bug, but now it's starting to look like it is actually the new way of life in FoE. Has Inno changed the algorithm? I haven't read or heard anything about it anywhere.
I could be mistaken on when but I think it was in the last changelog that they mentioned that the new order was going to be according to era. There may have been other factors but I do remember the era being mentioned, i.e., newer era buildings get first dibs, etc.

Edit: Yup. Looks like it was in changelog 1.275 but it states by "level," not "era." Hmmm. There's that mystique thing again.