• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Has the Polivation Algorithm Been Changed?

Aethelcatt VIII

I noticed in the last few days that the sequence of auto-polivation from other players has been quite different from before. Now the the little buildings that used to be second-tier in the process, such as Golden Goal Gyros, Jumpin’ Pumpkin and Stormspire, are being prioritized over major event buildings from recent events, such as Winter Wonderland Pyramid, Buccaneer's Bay and Aegean Resort. When it first happened a couple of days ago I thought it was a one-time bug, but now it's starting to look like it is actually the new way of life in FoE. Has Inno changed the algorithm? I haven't read or heard anything about it anywhere.

Ebeondi Asi

I did read that in some message an update message? That the algorithm was changed. (supposedly for the better) but I agree they totally nerfed the important buildings aid rank

Aethelcatt VIII

I did read that in some message an update message? That the algorithm was changed. (supposedly for the better) but I agree they totally nerfed the important buildings aid rank
Thanks for the reply! I must have missed that announcement.

Who in their right mind would prefer their Jumpin' Pumpkin or Skull Cave to be motivated (which, in the latter case, doesn't do anything at all) before the main event buildings? It was bad enough that the little buildings already had priority over the older event buildings, such as Viceroy's Villa, Eagle Mountain and Panda Shrine. I've been putting the Jumpin' Pumpkins on furlough most of the time just to keep them out of the polivation queue.

Getting everything polivated wasn't really a problem until I started putting a lot of those new 1x1 buildings from recent events in the city. Now these little polivation hoggers look even less appealing than before...

Dominator - X

I noticed in the last few days that the sequence of auto-polivation from other players has been quite different from before. Now the the little buildings that used to be second-tier in the process, such as Golden Goal Gyros, Jumpin’ Pumpkin and Stormspire, are being prioritized over major event buildings from recent events, such as Winter Wonderland Pyramid, Buccaneer's Bay and Aegean Resort. When it first happened a couple of days ago I thought it was a one-time bug, but now it's starting to look like it is actually the new way of life in FoE. Has Inno changed the algorithm? I haven't read or heard anything about it anywhere.
It's a game balancer. And we all know what that means.

jaymoney23456

It's a game balancer. And we all know what that means.
No doubt. Luckily I can't get all my stuff aided no matter what gets aided first last or whatever else. Afraid its mass aid kits for me from here on out. This is a rare case of something being changed in the game that doesn't really even impact me poorly. For the most part anyway, the dumb habit of aiding the pumpkins first all the tme makes it hard sometimes to even get through 2 days with just one mass aid kit

jaymoney23456

Should really be the case that FL can be probably doubled or more at the rate tiny buildings needing aid are given out. Everyone doesn't have enough nutcracker guardhouse (or if there is something else that gives them-can't say for sure as I am typing this) to fix the lack of sufficient aid with mass aid kit every other day.

Aethelcatt VIII

More powerful buildings are generally motivated first.
View attachment 21211
Thanks for that! Now I know how their mind works. Incidentally I asked tech support the same question before I came here, and their response was, as is often the case, totally useless. All they could say was that the "feedback" had been "passed along." I wonder why none of them read this.

I also wonder how they define "powerful." In what way, for example, is a Feta Farm or a Golden Goal Gyros more powerful than the Aegean Resort that generated them? Weird...

jaymoney23456

Thanks for that! Now I know how their mind works. Incidentally I asked tech support the same question before I came here, and their response was, as is often the case, totally useless. All they could say was that the "feedback" had been "passed along." I wonder why none of them read this.

I also wonder how they define "powerful." In what way, for example, is a Feta Farm or a Golden Goal Gyros more powerful than the Aegean Resort that generated them? Weird...
Well we know the answer to that question: The Feta Farm or Cider Garden or any of the tiny new buildings are not more powerful than the aagean resort or the labrotary of monstrosities etc. Also, the idea with all the tiny buildings that now need aid is to make it so that no one can possibly get everything aided even those in large guilds with max amt of friends on FL. THat way you must rely on aid kits and to get those you need the building that provides them so then you need to either put in lots of work to get it or pony up rl currency for them which a bunch of players likely do.

jaymoney23456

Well we know the answer to that question: The Feta Farm or Cider Garden or any of the tiny new buildings are not more powerful than the aagean resort or the labrotary of monstrosities etc. Also, the idea with all the tiny buildings that now need aid is to make it so that no one can possibly get everything aided even those in large guilds with max amt of friends on FL. THat way you must rely on aid kits and to get those you need the building that provides them so then you need to either put in lots of work to get it or pony up rl currency for them which a bunch of players likely do.
If this wasn't the case then it would be a simple matter to allow players to have twice as many players on their FL or more and the problem would be easily solved that way.

jaymoney23456

You're really saying the jesters aren't powerful? Some players are building entire cities around them (well, and the Panda Shrine too)
They are not as powerful as the better main event buildings and yet they get aid before the main event buildings.

Emberguard

You're really saying the jesters aren't powerful?

The argument isn't whether they're powerful, it's where the Aid should go for priority in order to have a functional city if you're actually utilizing the Aid from other players.

You need 10 Jesters per 1 Finish Special. If the Aid goes to Jesters first then the output of the Finish Special needs to exceed 10 Aids, not just 1.

Hence it'd make more sense for the Jesters to be below Main Event Buildings in priority.

Some players are building entire cities around them (well, and the Panda Shrine too)

Those players don't need the Jesters to receive Aid priority. By the time you gather 200 Jesters you're not utilizing the Aid from other players to make the city function, you're Mass-Aiding everything with Nutcracker

The players that actually need Aid from others aren't going to have a bunch of Nutcracker Guardhouses setup or be able to utilize those Jesters more than the usefulness of a Main Event Building getting that Aid first