• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do get WWs fast ?

Nicholas002

Set up your city so as to be able to easily complete events. Look ahead at spoilers of what the daily special prizes will be for each event, and play the ones with WWs as daily specials. Then save all event currency until the WW comes up, and use all your currency based on the most efficient cost to daily special ratio. (See FoEHints YouTube for spoilers, and efficiency recommendations)

Vger

Agree with BFA: Do GE lvl 4. Not only is it good for the diamonds, but now that there is a FoY shrink kit, the FoY is actually useful. For months I always had far fewer shrink kits that WWs. I finally just got to the point where everything is shrunk, thanks to a couple FoY shrinks.
But even with that, it is still a slow process. My farm is 14 months old with 51 wells. I am just now getting to the point where space is going to become a real issue if I stay in IA.

Jern2017

There is no quick way to get them. I started my Diamond farm city as a regular one. The advice to take part in Events, Daily Challenges and GE is spot on, but to be able to do that, you need a steady income of resources like supplies, goods, coins and units.

Events are the number one way for me to get WWs (I don't recommend you focus on WW Shrink Kits yet). Complete the quests, save the currency and spend everything when a WW appears as a Daily Special or any other form of reward in the event.

Daily Challenges sometimes offer a WW or fragments for it as rewards and the Challenger's Chest, which is available after you've completed seven Daily Challenges, also has a WW as one of the rewards.

As you advance, you will win event and special buildings from events, GE and Daily Challenges - you can trade those buildings at the Antiques Dealer. In turn, you can buy WWs and Shrink Kits that will occasionally show up in the store.

This depends on your play style, but completing GE 4 could prove too expensive (goods/units wise) and time consuming. Personally, I only complete it when one of the two rewards at the end is a Fountain of Youth, which is essentially just a different looking WW.

Diamond farming using WWs and FoYs is a long process. You need to manage your expectations and accept the fact it will take you a long time to accumulate a large amount of those Diamond producing buildings.

Pericles the Lion

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. PvP is a good source of WWs. Players ranked >#500 have a 20% chance of winning one every week.

Emberguard

Hedge Maze is too big and has the awkward 12 hour cycle. Using 2 less tiles you can have 2 WWs, which would pay out just as often as one Hedge Maze and be easier to fit into a city.
Thing is you’d need a lot of wells before a Hedge Maze becomes obsolete from lack of space. Even if you only collected once per 24 hrs that’s an additional diamond producing building that you wouldn’t have if you haven’t got an alternative to place down in that spot

We can definitely prioritise one over the other as being a better building. But at the start you‘d just want to get anything that reliably gives diamonds

What I’ve heard about Neutral Fool (the ultimate diamond farm player), to get a bunch of wishing wells, you need to spend a few diamonds on events where there are daily specials if you want to get a load of WWs.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I haven't run the numbers but I think that it's possible to get the 11th grand prize in the Summer event without spending diamonds. The WW is the 14th prize so getting it means buying something like 30 doubloons (2625 diamonds), A 2nd WW would cost about 16K. I haven't kept track but I've collected about 3-4 WWs from playing PvP. It's boring as heck but it does provide WWs for free.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Thing is you’d need a lot of wells before a Hedge Maze becomes obsolete from lack of space. Even if you only collected once per 24 hrs that’s an additional diamond producing building that you wouldn’t have if you haven’t got an alternative to place down in that spot

We can definitely prioritise one over the other as being a better building. But at the start you‘d just want to get anything that reliably gives diamonds
Well, I have at least 8 Diamond farms and I wouldn't build the Hedge Maze again in any of them. Better to use that space for an attack boost building or current goods producing event building than a Hedge Maze, in my opinion. (And I've had Hedge Mazes in my cities in the past, but always deleted them or sold them at some point just because they take up too much space for what they provide.)

Emberguard

What I’ve heard about Neutral Fool (the ultimate diamond farm player), to get a bunch of wishing wells, you need to spend a few diamonds on events where there are daily specials if you want to get a load of WWs.
But how many WW's are they getting from that at what cost? How long is it going to take those wells to pay for themselves if they're using them purely for diamond generation, and not intending to use them for normal gameplay? More importantly, if they buy those wells and continue to get more wells for free: are they going to run out of space and have wells sitting in inventory not earning them anything?

Each well only provides on average 150-200 diamonds per year. (1% chance of diamonds, 365 days means 3.65 hits per year of 50 diamonds)

If you had been doing 10 wells per event and have 5-9 events per year providing WW Daily's that's 50-90 wells potentially with free currency alone. That's not including GE, Antiques Dealer, Daily Challenges or Great Building outputs that would increase your amount of wells and equivalent buildings. You don't need to use diamonds to get a lot of wells: you just need to be bothered to put the work necessary in (which may change in regards to what that looks like over time, particularly with the introduction of fragments and change in Daily Special availability each year)

If you did that on 10 worlds, that'd be 500-900 WWs in the space of 1 year (for free) generating 75k-180k diamonds of pure profit per year

Normally I expect to get 10 Daily Specials per event with the free currency. 20 in Forge Bowl in conjunction with the Diamond Coach. If it costs 10-20k diamonds for each additional main building you get, then it also costs 10-20k diamonds for every 10 Daily Specials.

That 10k figure btw was back in 2017/18. Current event is 15k. But even if you did get it for 10k that's 1,000 diamonds per well. You'd need to get a pay out 20 times, which amounts to 5-7 years of collecting to break even on the Daily Special at the lowest end of diamond costs if you spent diamonds to buy those wells. 10-14 years if it's at the higher cost end (which is far more likely to be the case due to inflation)

If you really want to spend diamonds on buying wells fine, but don't expect to ever see a return on those wells unless you're also planning to stay for the next decade just to break even. And if you do stay around that long chances are you could have filled the entire city with free wells anyway which would have been turning a profit instead of paying off what you spent.

At least with the Crows Nest it makes sense on a normal gameplay point of view if you completely ignored the diamond generation so it doesn't need to break even, only have a gradual rebate of costs. But again, you wouldn't be looking to get a profit on that if you were buying them with diamonds (Crows Nest would likely take 32 years to pay for itself in diamonds on a assumption of 15k outlay cost)

Last edited:
I have seen videos of people with literally hundreds of wishing wells in their diamond cities, I have tried but in the last several months I've only been able to add a few.

Just how does one get hundreds on wishing wells? I'm thinking about deleting the cities I've started for farms, just too much work and almost zero return for my time.

The Lady Redneck

It takes a lot of time and patience. You can get WWs and FoYs (Fountain of Youth) From Doing Events where they come up as rewards, Also from the Daily. and doing GE, You can also get fragments of them which you save up until you have enough to build one. The same goes for the shrink kits for them. I do have the basic fighting GBs in my Diamond farm as they help in doing all 4 levels of GE, which also brings in Diamonds. And although some people build a lot. IMO you do not need more than one diamond farm unless you are simply into building them. I only have one. And have only been working it for little over 2 years, but do not have the patience to do another one. It has a combination of 61 WWs and FoYs so has a long way to go yet. It is now providing me with around 400 - 500 diamonds a week on everage. Which helps me in my main world. But I am not a huge diamond user. I think I will call it complete when I get to 100.

If you had been doing 10 wells per event and have 5-9 events per year providing WW Daily's that's 50-90 wells potentially with free currency alone. That's not including GE, Antiques Dealer, Daily Challenges or Great Building outputs that would increase your amount of wells and equivalent buildings. You don't need to use diamonds to get a lot of wells: you just need to be bothered to put the work necessary in (which may change in regards to what that looks like over time, particularly with the introduction of fragments and change in Daily Special availability each year)

If you did that on 10 worlds, that'd be 500-900 WWs in the space of 1 year (for free) generating 75k-180k diamonds of pure profit per year

This is my problem, the last 4 or so events since I've been trying to get ww's I've only been able to get maybe 1 as a milestone reward or perhaps a shrink kit hence the reason posted above on how to get more.

Please explain how to get the 10 or so wells per event as mentioned above, I can't seem to figure it out.

Emberguard

Please explain how to get the 10 or so wells per event as mentioned above, I can't seem to figure it out.
On events that provide it as a Daily Special, something that used to be just about every event. It’s possible they may either have stopped or just cut back on frequency offered during events