• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do I set city defense

DeletedUser42549

I have a question and didn't know where to ask. After you've researched military tactics ( on Android ) how do you select which units you want to use to defend your city from being attacked and plundered? Please somebody help

Super Catanian

I have a question and didn't know where to ask. After you've researched military tactics ( on Android ) how do you select which units you want to use to defend your city from being attacked and plundered? Please somebody help
1. Go to the Army Management
2. Tap on the Unit you wish to assign. A window with the Unit's information will be displayed.
3. Tap on the Blue Shield Icon to assign it to your defending army. Maximum of 8 Defending Units at a time.
4. ???
5. Profit from less frequent plundering.

Jern2017

Open the army tab. Tap on the unit you want to add to your defending army and tap on the blue shield.

Attachments

• sketch-1572400029820.png
    sketch-1572400029820.png
    987.5 KB · Views: 4

DeletedUser25147

Oh, sweetie, you are in the Iron Age. You have a hammer, a piece of heavy wood and teeth. Not much to consider is there? The fact is there is no true way to defend. You guess as best you can. Eventually you will build buildings that help your offense and defense. The only recommendation I have fort defense is to change your defensive army mix once in a while so those @#%& attackers never know what to expect. There are players who cannot be stopped. They are called Total bleeps. It is the only part of the game I hate. There is nothing you can do to them except ignore them or leave your buildings fallow for a while.

Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42549

I can't find the army management screen. That's the problem.on android that is.

Super Catanian

I can't find the army management screen. That's the problem.on android that is.
At the bottom left of your phone screen, you have the buttons: Build, Research, and Map. Tap on the arrow that's to the right of those icons. Four more will appear, one of them being the Army Management. Once there, do everything else that I've told you.

Algona

Thank you Algona, I don't feel so bad anymore..your a peach!

Oh, you caught that? I delteted it because it really was pretentious.

I mean it though. Hang around, ask questions, join in the madness that is the forums, and you'll have the opportunity to learn a lot and have some fun here as well as in game.

DeletedUser38613

Oh, sweetie, you are in the Iron Age. You have a hammer, a piece of heavy wood and teeth. Not much to consider is there? The fact is there is no true way to defend. You guess as best you can. Eventually you will build buildings that help your offense and defense. The only recommendation I have fort defense is to change your defensive army mix once in a while so those @#%& attackers never know what to expect. There are players who cannot be stopped. They are called Total bleeps. It is the only part of the game I hate. There is nothing you can do to them except ignore them or leave your buildings fallow for a while.

Have fun.
or pay for a wall *snrk* in the tavern shop. That's an absolute defense for a set period of time. If all else fails.

Forgn4fun

or pay for a wall *snrk* in the tavern shop. That's an absolute defense for a set period of time. If all else fails.
What is a wall*snrk*? A few times a week is what i'm used to but I've been attacked 3 times in 8 hours. I'm being attacked and plundered by a player with more than 5 million points, (i'm in high middle age). I've not said nor mentioned a word of it to this player. I did try to communicate on trades they had in market. I offered 3 goods they've posted as needed goods. It did not go well. It seemed to have made them angry at me. I was trying to get on their good side.
I guess they remembered they had attacked & plundered me a few days ago. They showed me good by attacking & plundered again. If I attack & plunder this player with over 5 million points they can easily ruin me. I love the game but feel someone this powerful will ruin it for me

Algona

... I love the game but feel someone this powerful will ruin it for me

A bit if philosophy here first. The most any player can do to you is take one building's worth of production once per day. That can;t ruin, but it can slow down fame state advancement. this is brutal early in the game, but as your city grows, you will be able to shrug off an occasional loss.

That;s not good, but it won;t ruin the game. Anyway here's how to mitigate plundering:

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a successful strategy. Don’t waste your time getting upset at being plundered. Take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum. If all else fails, be patient, hopefully you’ll rotate to a nicer hood in a couple weeks. In order of effectiveness.

TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD. Expensive but it does the job.

PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

FIND UNPLUNDERAB:E GOODS SOURCES. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods. Special Buildings, including Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, and motivated Tribal Square can’t be plundered. Recurring Quests can provide Goods.

MANIPULATE YOUR NEIGHBOTHOOD POSITION. Players at the bottom of the hood seldom attack the top players in the hood. Slow down your Tech and Continent growth and put some time and effort into acquiring and leveling GBs. This will move you up higher in the hood.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. If you are not inflicting any casualties try changing some of the units in your defense. Watchfires, Ritual Flame, some Special Event Buildings, Monastery, Deal Castle, St. Basils, Terra Cotta, and AO help with defence.

COUNTERATTACK PLUNDERERES. If you can, take back that which was yours. Even an unsuccessful attack may dissuade a casual plunderer.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

Any questions? Good luck!

Forgn4fun

Attacks & plundering is not the real issue. The snide, rude comments in between does. This very, very powerful player seems to know when I built 2 new goods production bldgs. on different days & takes the 1st goods. I reached out to them an offer of goods they needed in the market. I did 'not' say one word of attack/plunder, offered goods trade trying to get on their good side. Didn't go well at all. This is not the 1st time dealing with rude players having nothing to do with attacks. I have attacked their city which wiped out my entire military in a NY second. As part of a quest I have finally done the same thing but to a player that is @ 10k higher in points than i am

Patience is a required virtue in this game i learned early when not buying diamonds. I've tumped FPs on GBs when stuck in research. Imagine my surprise when i won 50 FPs & stuck in research? Don't remember how that happened or why.

Gotta say i like the game-my 1st online game ever. Let's play, have fun

Thank you for excellent detail above

Algona

You;re welcome.

If a player says something that you feel is inapproprite you can report it in game. If you play on PV, rclick on the main city screen.

I'm not sure how to contact support on mobile, but someone will help you with that.

Mustapha00

Step 1: allocate your highest Age military units, boosted by your GBs and other structures as much as you can

Step 2: Collect On Time