• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] how do players get units from an era above theirs?

DeletedUser32251

I have noticed that some players are fighting with units from an era above theirs. For instance, when I attacked a player who was in the progressive era, his city was defended with units from the modern era. I had no chance. How did he get them?

DeletedUser

This is one of the more frequently asked questions. The answer is that the player in question has pushed into the Modern Era part of the Continent Map, and fulfilled parts of the Story Quest line from Modern Era that rewarded him/her with Modern Era units.

Lancer

Along with what Stephen said they could've been won in GE rewards/ relic rewards or bought.

DeletedUser

Along with what Stephen said they could've been won in GE rewards/ relic rewards or bought.
GE rewards would either be your current era or the previous one (if you moved up during GE). Relic rewards would be current era. And I think you can only buy current era army packs, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure pushing the Story Quest line is the only way to do it. :)

Darth Mole

I was attacked earlier today by 1 x Post Modern Champion with 7 rogues by a player in the progressive (same as me) needless to say he didn't get any more than 1 damage point!
2 eras up is quite an achievement.

Lancer

GE rewards would either be your current era or the previous one (if you moved up during GE). Relic rewards would be current era. And I think you can only buy current era army packs, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure pushing the Story Quest line is the only way to do it. :)

I misspoke you're absolutely right. I just double checked to verify.

DeletedUser27184

I was attacked earlier today by 1 x Post Modern Champion with 7 rogues by a player in the progressive (same as me) needless to say he didn't get any more than 1 damage point!
2 eras up is quite an achievement.
If I remember correctly this is the last age you can get 2 ages future troops. Once you hit the modern era, you can get only 1 era future troops. While you can push on the map, the quests are not available (as they depend on tech from the tree).

DeletedUser27849

I know that I got CA units while in LMA and I got Indy units while in Colonial from the quests.

beentobrazil

What causes a player to stop getting the advanced units? I have not gotten any for about a year. I'm in the Industrial Era, but the events and other quests have pushed me into the Contemporary Era on the map.

DeletedUser35976

I have noticed that some players are fighting with units from an era above theirs. For instance, when I attacked a player who was in the progressive era, his city was defended with units from the modern era. I had no chance. How did he get them?
Only one age up? I have PME troops in the industrial age!

DeletedUser30312

What causes a player to stop getting the advanced units? I have not gotten any for about a year. I'm in the Industrial Era, but the events and other quests have pushed me into the Contemporary Era on the map.

It's quest-based and I think some of it is determined by how you progress on the continent map. I don't know all the details though.

Godly Luke

Some of it is luck too though. You kind of need to get lucky get certain quests. And some of it is based on choices on the map and previous decisions on the quests leading up to the troop quests.

beentobrazil

What age are you in, and where are you in the CMAP?

Reply #10:

qaccy

Reply #10:

There isn't really any delivery system for units from quests. It's just that some quests reward units, and some of these quests are able to be accessed and completed at a point where the units are well above the age of the player receiving them. In your case, it's simply that you haven't reached the next quest that rewards units, either due to not progressing far enough or possibly also due to completely skipping some quests because, as @Orius Maximus pointed out, some quests only appear if you progress a certain way through the map. For instance, depending on whether you negotiate or battle for a sector/province, you may receive one of two completely different quests or even none at all depending on the choices you make.

I don't think anyone's really taken a close look at the quest flow for FoE though because there's too many moving parts for a single person so all you can really do, if you're interested in receiving more advanced units, is continue progressing in the hope that a quest appears eventually. Of course, this is assuming you're still completing quests (or have an open quest slot you can abort from) as well. If all of your quests are ones you're unable to complete, you're definitely not going to be receiving any new quests either.

DeletedUser35976

Reply #10:
What was the last story quest you completed?

beentobrazil

Whatever came before Trench Fever. That's the last one in this era. Is there a way to get it to show you which one was last completed?