• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do players in EMA get alcatraz?

DeletedUser35976

I saw a few people in my EMA hood who have it- how? Since the goods are progressive era, wouldn't trading up be very long and difficult?

Asking because I want to get one. :)

DeletedUser27889

Yup just FP for goods or a guildmate gave them to them. On Noarsil I sell chat/traz for 200 however for longstanding guildmates or those guildmates who help in GvG I usually just give them to them.

DeletedUser26965

You can also ask your guildmates to give you goods so you can trade off your BA goods for free PE goods. I've built many traz's for free for my guildies and if they want to donate some FP's on a GB of mine for it I leave that up to them.

DeletedUser15539

I bought the goods to build the Dynamic Tower, and have been using it to preferentially m/P to get the goods needed. It's slow, but it does work.

DeletedUser36240

Most likely they traded FPs for PE goods. That's what I did to get both Chateau and Traz in HMA. Cape, Inno and Arc too. I only traded up for the LMA goods to build CdM, but that was just up one age.
Is there somewhere that explains how to do the FP for Goods change? I've seen that mentioned around a few places, but have no idea how to do it...

DeletedUser33297

All worlds have players who sell "Kits" which are comprised of the goods to build a certain GB, ie Arc Kit, Cape Kit, etc.
These kits are bought with fps which are transfered to the sellers GB of choice, all at once or on ocassions with a payment plan, the buyer receiving the goods once the payment is complete. It is common paractice for the buyer to have an "invite" available as the seller and buyer need to be friends for the transaction to occur.
Many sellers makes for many rules....Some may want all the fps on a single GB, others may want them spread around. A good seller will allow you to grab a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place on a GB, thus decreasing your costs with an fps payback, but that doesnt happen often.
Bottom line is...In this game, like life, it's buyer beware....there are crooks out there....do your homework, ask around, make sure the seller has a good track record, because INNO doesnt care if you make a poor decision.
The normal process after the payment is made is for the buyer to post up trades at 2:1 using thei age goods for the goods needed for the GB. It's important that the buyer makes the trades, because if the seller makes them they would be gone before the buyer could take them, ie

Seeing 200 wine for 200 genomes...no one wants that
Seeing 200 genomes for 200 wine, its a fraking madhouse to take it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36240

All worlds have players who sell "Kits" which are comprised of the goods to build a certain GB, ie Arc Kit, Cape Kit, etc.
These kits are bought with fps which are transfered to the sellers GB of choice, all at once or on ocassions with a payment plan, the buyer receiving the goods once the payment is complete. It is common paractice for the buyer to have an "invite" available as the seller and buyer need to be friends for the transaction to occur.
Many sellers makes for many rules....Some may want all the fps on a single GB, others may want them spread around. A good seller will allow you to grab a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place on a GB, thus decreasing your costs with an fps payback, but that doesnt happen often.
Bottom line is...In this game, like life, it's buyer beware....there are crooks out there....do your homework, ask around, make sure the seller has a good track record, because INNO doesnt care if you make a poor decision.
But like how do you get the goods? I understand you give them the FP to a GB of their choice, but I'm not square on the trading portion. I'm just wanting to get more info before attempting the process.

DeletedUser

Is there somewhere that explains how to do the FP for Goods change? I've seen that mentioned around a few places, but have no idea how to do it...
You agree to donate x number of FP to a GB of the seller's choice in exchange for being able to trade Bronze Age (usually) goods at a 1:2 rate for the goods from the era you need. Rates vary by world, but can range anywhere from 1 FP:1 Good down to 1 FP: 10 Goods. If you do this, don't donate all the FP upfront. Best practice is to do one good at a time until/unless you trust them. And don't trust easily. :)

Example: Buying Progressive Era goods for the Alcatraz
1:1 rate = 1750 FPs for 1750 goods
1:5 rate = 350 FPs for 1750 goods
1:10 rate = 175 FPs for 1750 goods
Start with either the Asbestos or Tinplate, which are the lowest number goods. Pay the agreed upon rate, then post the trade (example: 125 Marble for 250 Asbestos). Once that transaction is done, proceed to the next good. Doing it one at a time like that protects both buyer and seller. Buyer should always post the trade, so that someone else doesn't take it. Also, be clear up front about any rewards that buyer may get from donating the FPs. Some sellers will want that reward figured into how many FP you pay. For example, if you get 100 FP back when the GB levels, they would want 450 FP at the 1:5 rate instead of 350 FP. Avoid these sellers.

DeletedUser36240

You agree to donate x number of FP to a GB of the seller's choice in exchange for being able to trade Bronze Age (usually) goods at a 1:2 rate for the goods from the era you need. Rates vary by world, but can range anywhere from 1 FP:1 Good down to 1 FP: 10 Goods. If you do this, don't donate all the FP upfront. Best practice is to do one good at a time until/unless you trust them. And don't trust easily. :)

Example: Buying Progressive Era goods for the Alcatraz
1:1 rate = 1750 FPs for 1750 goods
1:5 rate = 350 FPs for 1750 goods
1:10 rate = 175 FPs for 1750 goods
Start with either the Asbestos or Tinplate, which are the lowest number goods. Pay the agreed upon rate, then post the trade (example: 125 Marble for 250 Asbestos). Once that transaction is done, proceed to the next good. Doing it one at a time like that protects both buyer and seller. Buyer should always post the trade, so that someone else doesn't take it. Also, be clear up front about any rewards that buyer may get from donating the FPs. Some sellers will want that reward figured into how many FP you pay. For example, if you get 100 FP back when the GB levels, they would want 450 FP at the 1:5 rate instead of 350 FP. Avoid these sellers.
Thank you! I will try and see if I can't test this out with the Temple of Relics

DeletedUser36240

Ah. I was hoping it was one of the 4 I play on right now. S, V, X or Y.
Sorry, just started here when I started. I've tried to start in other worlds before, but I keep coming back to this one because I'm already invested in it (granted not financially since I don't spend real money on games like this), but all the time I've put into it.

DeletedUser29726

Some sellers will want that reward figured into how many FP you pay. For example, if you get 100 FP back when the GB levels, they would want 450 FP at the 1:5 rate instead of 350 FP. Avoid these sellers.

While in some cases this may be born of greed, in others it's born of fairness and flexibility. On V World when it was still young I frequently had multiple people dropping FP on my Chateau for buying goods - my preferred deal was 6 goods per net FP (well lower than market rate). It allowed me to give better credit to the buyer who winds up in 3rd/4th and got nothing much back in terms of FP. However, it did wind up being confusing for a lot of people so mostly I've abandoned this method.

However some of the concerns are further amplified once you have high level buildings and arc buddies to take spots. It becomes more difficult to place buyers in ways that are useful to you and fair to them (i.e. if the purchase price is slightly more than a free arc snipe for 3rd did I just give away a set of goods for no benefit to myself? or do I go through some headache to make a special deal to bump them to 4th?) Usually though this is best handled by precise instructions rather than a specific fixed rate. My normal rate for a dynamic tower set was around 400 FP but i sold one set for 300 because that was more useful to me and less costful to them than the 400 donation would've been. Similarly I've had cases where I've raised the price above my normal because they were going to get a prime spot on a building and I couldn't justify the sale unless it was higher. Usually on my main world I approach this now by giving my initial quote as a range of FP depending on what building they're placed on, and asking if they're planning to drop at once or use their collections if they're interested - depending on the answer to that, I specify a building and any constraints (sometimes 'X FP and no more' for instance).

DeletedUser36240

?? I am confused. The ToR takes Bronze Age goods to build, so you should never need to buy those. Trade down or plunder for them!
I could do that too, just O world doesn't ever seem to have any for sale. I will probably just have to make one of my own. I had just kind of planned to use it as a testing experience, but if you feel it might behoove me to not do it then I will take that advice.

DeletedUser31592

BA goods are typically deemed worthless, as they can't even be donated. No use in the treasury for GE and GvG. So you should never have to pay for them. Ask a guildmate for help if you need some. You should find someone willing to trade you 2 BA goods for 1 BA good for free.