• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How do players in EMA get alcatraz?

DeletedUser29726

Temple takes iron age goods not bronze - but still not something you'd generally buy. Throw some goods buildings up of your boosted types. Post your own trades in market for the other iron age goods 1:1 - there's more people who will look for them and want them for immediate use than people who will post them.

RazorbackPirate

Many sellers makes for many rules....Some may want all the fps on a single GB, others may want them spread around. A good seller will allow you to grab a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place on a GB, thus decreasing your costs with an fps payback, but that doesn't happen often.
Bottom line is...In this game, like life, it's buyer beware....there are crooks out there....do your homework, ask around, make sure the seller has a good track record, because INNO doesn't care if you make a poor decision.
The normal process after the payment is made is for the buyer to post up trades at 2:1 using their age goods for the goods needed for the GB. It's important that the buyer makes the trades, because if the seller makes them they would be gone before the buyer could take them, ie
Prices also vary between worlds and between seller's. Generally new worlds have higher prices for upper age goods, since fewer players have reached those ages. More established worlds have lower prices since there are more players selling those goods. I have also seen quotes vary as much as 200 FPs between the highest and lowest seller, so it pays to shop around.

The only trades I've done are 1 BA good for 2 PE / PME / CE / FE goods. Most goods sellers accept that. A few, if they're in a GvG guild may request IA goods so they can donate them to the treasury without having to trade up.

Buyer beware is right. In one of my cities, when I was getting quotes for CF and Traz goods, I got a quote from a goods seller who was always advertising on Global Chat. His quote was about 175 FPs higher than the one other quote I had already received. Next thing I know, I'm on his Group Message about which GB he wanted all his buyers to add to. Every few hours he'd shift everyone over to another GB, then another one, and another one, so none of his goods buyers could ever accumulate enough points on a single level of a single GB to get a reward spot. He was selling those at 1.85% to the Arc 80 people. He was using his goods buyers to provide the lock in FPs on his GBs. He just kept moving them from one GB to the next to prepping them for the next Arc 80 donation.

He had about 25-30 customers dropping FPs onto his GBs. He had the worst possible deal all the way around, taking advantage of the players too eager to do their homework and shop around. When I tried calling him out on his practices, his response was, "I'm not taking advantage of anyone. I give them a quote and sign them up, just like I did you. They add their FPs and when they're paid, I trade them the goods. I'm happy, they're happy."

Needless to say, I went another way. I had sent messages to the higher ranked players on my friends tab asking for recommendations of established goods sellers with good reputations. One of them responded that they had recently made it to PE and was just starting to sell PE goods. Since we had done a FP swap on his CF when I was chasing prints, I trusted him. He ended up giving me the best price, over 200 FPs lower than Yo-Yo's bid, I could pay over time, and my FPs onto any of his GBs. I was easily able to get first on multiple GBs and multiple levels the FP rewards reducing my cost further. I got such a good deal, once I got done with CF goods, I kept paying until I had a Traz set also.

In another world, I shopped around, got the going rate, then messaged my guild mates in PE asking if anyone wanted to trade PE goods for FPs. My guild founder said he would, I told him what the going rate was, and he said he'd do it for half. Again, I got CF goods and just kept paying until I'd gotten a Traz set as well.

Compared to the players I chat with, I've paid over a thousand FPs less for upper age goods than they have. They were always in a rush to build, the minute that last print came in. Sure, they got their GBs up a bit quicker, but I was able to level up a bit faster with the savings.

DeletedUser27889

However some of the concerns are further amplified once you have high level buildings and arc buddies to take spots. It becomes more difficult to place buyers in ways that are useful to you and fair to them (i.e. if the purchase price is slightly more than a free arc snipe for 3rd did I just give away a set of goods for no benefit to myself? or do I go through some headache to make a special deal to bump them to 4th?)
Yup. The new thing now is some sellers are quoting prices after lock IE first you're expected to lock the spot then pay on top of it. Some do net pricing or after reward pricing meaning the buyer must add the expected reward back to the GB.

It sounds greedy however it can be a real issue. I use arcs to level my GBs, if I sell a kit for 500 on a spot I could have given away for 450 I just sold an arc kit for 50 points.... I don't agree with giving nothing back but in the end both buyer and seller should be gaining something worthwhile. When I sell I look around for GBs and take into account the reward and what locks will get me and I try to be as upfront as possible with people. I will request they split onto 2 GBs if the payment is high enough and tell them an arc will be coming in to take first, you will end up on second or what have you. This still gets them some of their points back but at least I'm gaining something for the goods. I'm still not netting the full sales price because again, an arc would have just taken the spot.

DeletedUser

Yup. The new thing now is some sellers are quoting prices after lock IE first you're expected to lock the spot then pay on top of it. Some do net pricing or after reward pricing meaning the buyer must add the expected reward back to the GB.

It sounds greedy however it can be a real issue. I use arcs to level my GBs, if I sell a kit for 500 on a spot I could have given away for 450 I just sold an arc kit for 50 points.... I don't agree with giving nothing back but in the end both buyer and seller should be gaining something worthwhile. When I sell I look around for GBs and take into account the reward and what locks will get me and I try to be as upfront as possible with people. I will request they split onto 2 GBs if the payment is high enough and tell them an arc will be coming in to take first, you will end up on second or what have you. This still gets them some of their points back but at least I'm gaining something for the goods. I'm still not netting the full sales price because again, an arc would have just taken the spot.
Well, the buyer is getting the goods they want and the seller is getting FPs for goods they have no other use for. So figuring in the reward from whatever spot the buyer ends up with is greed, pure and simple. If you sell a kit for 500, but then figure you could have given it away for 450 and try to charge the buyer the difference, then the price just went from 500 to 950 for the buyer. Why? Greed. Just another example of how the Arc is ruining many aspects of the game. And ironically, it was the Arc that started the 'buying goods with FPs' craze. I just shake my head at this craziness.

DeletedUser27889

So figuring in the reward from whatever spot the buyer ends up with is greed, pure and simple. If you sell a kit for 500, but then figure you could have given it away for 450 and try to charge the buyer the difference, then the price just went from 500 to 950 for the buyer. Why? Greed.
I think you're letting your hatred of the arc cloud your judgement here. For something in the above example I gave the base amount for the reward spot if locked by a goods buyer at 500 would be 235 points (roughly for a 450 1.9 lock) so even if that person does not have an arc they are only spending 265 for the goods. I don't think it's a sellers responsibility to offer massive unadvertised kickbacks in their pricing. If you agree to pay someone $500 for something you don't hand over the cash with one hand while extending your other expecting almost half back if not more. Nor do I think the person selling you something is greedy for not finding that acceptable, I think one of those two people would be greedy but it's not the person asking for the previously agreed upon price. And before it's asked I had been offering to split payments up from anyone I bought from specifically to stay away from higher reward spots. Also anytime I've done a deal with someone to lock my building up at a greater than their boost amount for more FP than theyre spending back on theirs I always offer to split for the same reason. If I tell someone you give me 20 and I give you 40 then I turn around and get 35 of that back I'm not holding up my end of the deal.

I bought goods for DT before arc really 'popped off' so to speak in my world at least on the large scale. People made them for me and it was a very slow process where I had to get handfulls from person a, a handfull from B a pinch from C etc. Then at the end I had to struggle to cross trade them into an actual DT 'kit'.

As far as not having anything better to do with the goods, I disagree. When I sell an arc kit I just spent 2 weeks making that for a person with my DT. That took a lot of time that I could have used to target other buildings or get goods I wanted for myself. Even for people who don't go through that to sell they could always save their goods for their guildies to just give to and call it a day. Players desperate for useless points could throw them into treasury and get points for them.

DeletedUser

I think you're letting your hatred of the arc cloud your judgement here. For something in the above example I gave the base amount for the reward spot if locked by a goods buyer at 500 would be 235 points (roughly for a 450 1.9 lock) so even if that person does not have an arc they are only spending 265 for the goods. I don't think it's a sellers responsibility to offer massive unadvertised kickbacks in their pricing. If you agree to pay someone $500 for something you don't hand over the cash with one hand while extending your other expecting almost half back if not more. Nor do I think the person selling you something is greedy for not finding that acceptable, I think one of those two people would be greedy but it's not the person asking for the previously agreed upon price. And before it's asked I had been offering to split payments up from anyone I bought from specifically to stay away from higher reward spots. Also anytime I've done a deal with someone to lock my building up at a greater than their boost amount for more FP than theyre spending back on theirs I always offer to split for the same reason. If I tell someone you give me 20 and I give you 40 then I turn around and get 35 of that back I'm not holding up my end of the deal.

I bought goods for DT before arc really 'popped off' so to speak in my world at least on the large scale. People made them for me and it was a very slow process where I had to get handfulls from person a, a handfull from B a pinch from C etc. Then at the end I had to struggle to cross trade them into an actual DT 'kit'.

As far as not having anything better to do with the goods, I disagree. When I sell an arc kit I just spent 2 weeks making that for a person with my DT. That took a lot of time that I could have used to target other buildings or get goods I wanted for myself. Even for people who don't go through that to sell they could always save their goods for their guildies to just give to and call it a day. Players desperate for useless points could throw them into treasury and get points for them.
Doesn't matter what the payback is, the seller is getting the 500 FP price, so whether the buyer ends up getting a reward spot is irrelevant. If you don't want them to get any FP back, have them donate to a building where they won't. Lots of high level Arcs and other GBs where 500 FP won't get you squat for rewards. G R E E D.

DeletedUser29726

Doesn't matter what the payback is, the seller is getting the 500 FP price, so whether the buyer ends up getting a reward spot is irrelevant. If you don't want them to get any FP back, have them donate to a building where they won't. Lots of high level Arcs and other GBs where 500 FP won't get you squat for rewards. G R E E D.

So your solution is to put them on a building I don't plan to level anyways. Brilliant - I'll never bother to sell a set again ;) I also don't see how putting them on a building where 500 will get them squat is less greedy than putting them on a building where i have to ask for 600 so i feel comfortable putting them on a spot I could've given away for 300.

Honestly I've never had a problem reaching terms with my buyers. Stay clear, things will work out fine.

DeletedUser

So your solution is to put them on a building I don't plan to level anyways.
I did not say that and you know it.
Honestly I've never had a problem reaching terms with my buyers. Stay clear, things will work out fine.
And I've never had a problem reaching terms from either side of the equation. I had one time where I had reached terms and the seller mysteriously 'lost' my messages after I paid part of the FP cost, but that was a problem of pure dishonesty. I do know that any seller I deal with that tries to move me from GB to GB during payment will not see me finish the transaction. Any deal I make, from either position, will be straight up FP for goods. No rewards figured in and the GB or GBs to be donated to will be designated up front. I don't play games like that, and I won't be played like that, either.

DeletedUser32824

I could do that too, just O world doesn't ever seem to have any for sale. I will probably just have to make one of my own. I had just kind of planned to use it as a testing experience, but if you feel it might behoove me to not do it then I will take that advice.
I play on O. You can add me and I can probably find someone who is willing to trade for the goods, or if you join our guild, we have a GB funding program where you can eventually get alcatraz goods for free (as well as arc, kraken, CDM, Blue galaxy, Arctic orangery, inno tower and some more).

DeletedUser36240

I play on O. You can add me and I can probably find someone who is willing to trade for the goods, or if you join our guild, we have a GB funding program where you can eventually get alcatraz goods for free (as well as arc, kraken, CDM, Blue galaxy, Arctic orangery, inno tower and some more).
Actually, having talked things over with a mentor they suggested I build some military style to help with plundering and fighting.

DeletedUser32824

Actually, having talked things over with a mentor they suggested I build some military style to help with plundering and fighting.
I have just 52% offensive bonus and a lot of unattached rogues from Guild Expedition. I find that this enables me to fight and defeat almost anyone (I even beat a guy with a 300% defensive boost) if I play my cards right. Getting a zeus and CoA (both available early) to around lvl 7 should give you around a 40% boost for not too many FPs! If you can get someone nice to give you LMA goods for a Castle Del Monte, that can help as well and give you some FP income.

DeletedUser36240

I have just 52% offensive bonus and a lot of unattached rogues from Guild Expedition. I find that this enables me to fight and defeat almost anyone (I even beat a guy with a 300% defensive boost) if I play my cards right. Getting a zeus and CoA (both available early) to around lvl 7 should give you around a 40% boost for not too many FPs! If you can get someone nice to give you LMA goods for a Castle Del Monte, that can help as well and give you some FP income.
I just got my Zeus and am working toward Cathedral now. I'm hoping to get a larger boost here soon. My attack is only 28% and my defense is around 48%