• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How I deal with plunderers

DarnTootin

I've been getting attacked and plundered by a player every day for about the past week. He's one age above me so there's really nothing I can really do (it's always overnight and he hits goods so I'm not that too concerned about it). Today I decided to get even. He only needed 2 more points on his Innovation Tower (level 60+) to flip it so I went ahead and flipped it for him so he couldn't double dip. Needless to say he wasn't very happy and I got a fairly rude message from him. If he continues to keep attacking and plundering me, I'll keep flipping his GBs.

DeletedUser

I've been getting attacked and plundered by a player every day for about the past week. He's one age above me so there's really nothing I can really do (it's always overnight and he hits goods so I'm not that too concerned about it). Today I decided to get even. He only needed 2 more points on his Innovation Tower (level 60+) to flip it so I went ahead and flipped it for him so he couldn't double dip. Needless to say he wasn't very happy and I got a fairly rude message from him. If he continues to keep attacking and plundering me, I'll keep flipping his GBs.
I've advocated this response to a higher level plunderer for a while now. I like to follow up the donation with an obviously fake apology. That really frosts them. :)

DeletedUser14354

So, just to be clear, he will keep getting your goods AND the extra FPs you put on his GBs, with the only downside being losing a one-time bump of a few extra FPs (which are likely noise to someone at his level).

I really do not understand the logic of this version of payback

RazorbackPirate

So, just to be clear, he will keep getting your goods AND the extra FPs you put on his GBs, with the only downside being losing a one-time bump of a few extra FPs (which are likely noise to someone at his level).

I really do not understand the logic of this version of payback
There is none, but that's not the point. The point is to provoke irritation, which they did successfully. I find it funny that for the cost of 2 FPs, it was the pluderer who ultimately sent the cry mail. Lol.:p

DeletedUser31540

Yes people use this tactic against me all the time ... sometimes i shrug it off and sometimes i get irritated but i never let them know that ... if i tell them how much it bothered me they would ‘win’ and i wont let that happen lol ...

Best thing to do when someone flips your building is to level it another 3-6 times in the following hour to prove to them that you dont give a **** about the double dip and youve got fps for days (regardless of whether or not these things are true i find it important to portay this image)

This tactic along with being more careful in general has done a lot to alleviate the ‘revenge GB flip’ and i suggest others in the same boat try something similar ... good luck ;)

DeletedUser31470

I once had a neighbor finishing my CDM by putting over 100 FPs there (it was around level 40). I actually wrote him a fake crymail which gave him confidence boost and he did it like twice more. I profited over 200 FPs from him.

On the other hand, if you care about double dipping, it's usually not that difficult to make it so the neighbor would have to put more FPs, then you'd lose. If you need to fill 4th and 5th spot, just swap with someone so they lock the place for a higher price so they is still enough space for the lovely neighbor.

DeletedUser33179

Nicely done :)

DeletedUser36535

As someone who is pretty new to the game it seems the game itself sets the stage for the daily plunder to happen. I would not take it to personal. It's all just math really anyway.

The problems I see is the daily challenge seems to create the same two scenarios over and over again, over into your story as well.

1) go attack weaker folks, or 2) Become a glorified internet paper pusher counting goods, supplies and coins. I might as well go to a dead end job.

At least with the plunder I might get the smallest of a giggle when I get to sneak something out of town.

The PVP fights are much of the same old story as well . As so far ( for me anyway) your neighborhood never changes. So your Daily and weekly gigs have you doing and attacking the same things or people over and over.

It all reminds me of dating sites where there is only so many people and the same bad dates over and over!