• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How is the scouting time calculated?

dan.cho

I am in the Mars era and each scouting of a province takes me 1d 5h 10m ... or 1d 5h 30m .;.. or 1d 4h 50m ...
How does the game decide the time for the next scouting trip?

dan.cho

It's programmed in.

Yes, I understand. but what are the rules?
E.g., does it depend on which province you are coming from?
Does it depend on the order you scout things in?
Does it depend on the count of un-scouted provinces?
Is there a reason why different provinces take different time to scout?

RazorbackPirate

None of that matters. The scout time of each province is fixed. The time differences are the preferred order of scouting as presented by the Story Quests. Shortest time first, longest time last. But you can Scout in any order you want. Nothing you do, can, or will change the time required to Scout each province.

dan.cho

None of that matters. The scout time of each province is fixed. The time differences are the preferred order of scouting as presented by the Story Quests. Shortest time first, longest time last. But you can Scout in any order you want. Nothing you do, can, or will change the time required to Scout each province.
Thanks, this is quite clear

dan.cho

Inno takes the absolute maximum amount of time that one could reasonably be expected to wait...and then adds ten minutes.
Thanks, this sounds like the correct answer based on how I feel and what make me pay the question in the first place :)