• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How man full sets of cape BPs should I have before I build it?

DeletedUser29407

I am curently in CA and have 2 full sets of cape BPs and well on my way to a third. I have someone who is willing to get me the goods. I am wondering how many sets of cape BPs i should collect before setting it down? Generally I stop getting BPs for GBs that i build until they are level 6-8. I was thinking 6-11?

Freshmeboy

My philosophy has always been plant any valuable GB as soon as you have the land available and level one GB at a time to completion. Don't deprive yourself of rewards today for convenience at a later date...the time needed to level a GB to ten can take weeks...enough time to find like minded Cape builders and befriend them...Light that candle...

DeletedUser26154

how many sets of cape BPs

None.
I can think of a half-dozen better Great Buildings for you to get.
If you are in Colonial Age, then the last thing you need to worry about is a Rocket Ship that gives Forge Points.
Let me get a list of your G.B.s please, so we can pick you something better.

1.png
2.png

Here's mine, so you will see where I'm coming from.

DeletedUser13838

So basically you're against the 2 GBs that produce the most fps?

DeletedUser26154

You're in OF and don't have either of them.

My city makes 172 Forge Points during it's Big Daily Collection.
I've never had the urge to install the Cape.
There are better Great Buildings for him to invest in in Colonial Age.
Are his 3 combat G.B.s up to lvl 10 yet?

images (4).jpg

If not, that should be his priority.

DeletedUser28670

My city makes 172 Forge Points during it's Big Daily Collection.
I've never had the urge to install the Cape.
There are better Great Buildings for him to invest in in Colonial Age.
Are his 3 combat G.B.s up to lvl 10 yet?

View attachment 7594

If not, that should be his priority.
Respectfully Sir Ardak, I remember you having a full set of AO GBs and the goods to build it, and you do GvG so why not plant that AO in your city?

DeletedUser26154

and you do GvG so why not plant that AO in your city?

I only GvG to defend our Guild Territories. I don't go looking for fights. As a matter of fact, I removed my Military buildings [except Rogue Hideouts] as a show of good faith to my neighbors and others, to prove I'm staying out of the massive Guild Battle that's going on now. My role as GvG Co-General is mostly for diplomatic purposes, as I have no alliances with other people and my loyalty is only to the guild I am a part of. This way people from other guilds can talk to me clean, and know I have no little pacts made with others. I owe no one any favors, so I'm not obligated to pay anyone back with special treatment.

I don't have AO because there are better things I can do with that space. As for the Cape, to me, investing Forge Points into a Great Building, that only gives Forge Points in return as a reward, is something I might do, when I have absolutely nothing left to put Forge Points into.

Telling a Colonial Age player to get Cape is horrible advise because it always puts the player in a bind afterwards, when it comes to getting their goods and techs finished, unless they had the foresight to really stock up before hand. I've seen dozens of lower-era players get the Cape, then struggle afterwards, due to the lack of goods the Cape put them in.

The Cape is a Great Building that only gives Forge Points.

10 2 2017.png

It should be on the bottom of your G.B. priority list.

DeletedUser27184

1. If its a good GB. just go and build it ASAP. Even if you cant level it currently past level 10, it will give you the benefits now.
2. If it is a bad GB, dont build it even if you have 10 full sets on it.
3. IMO, Cape is a bad building. Go AO or Arc which are much better. Even Innovation Tower (though, its a bit too much pop for CA).

DeletedUser31592

For the footprint, I like Cape Canaveral. At level 5, you are already matching the FP production of 5 SoKs (which take up equivalent space but need more road space). I don't have enough blue prints to go past level 10 because I don't forage for them, but when I get enough to take it to 11, I will. Until then, it isn't wasted space. Even if I had 5 SoKs to replace it, I'd cut my FP production in half. Sure, I'd get some more coins, but I don't have a coin shortage, so the extra FPs are worth it.

DeletedUser13838

1. If its a good GB. just go and build it ASAP. Even if you cant level it currently past level 10, it will give you the benefits now.
2. If it is a bad GB, dont build it even if you have 10 full sets on it.
3. IMO, Cape is a bad building. Go AO or Arc which are much better. Even Innovation Tower (though, its a bit too much pop for CA).
Arc is an fp multiplier. The more fps you generate per day the arc is that much better.
Which GBs are those?
Cape and Orangery.

DeletedUser4441

All this about Cape just wait.....

release-the-kraken-03.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

DeletedUser25920

I personally do not understand how GB that produce FP are so popular. Especially the one that only produces FP. (It is a different story for the GBs that also have some other benefit). The difference between GB's and other buildings (special or not), is that GB's need to be fed FPs in order to provide the benefit they do. So you invest FP, in order to get attack bonus, supply/coins bonus, goods, happiness etc. So far so good. But invest FP in order to get back FP, is a completely different animal. Sok, Terrace farms etc, produce FP by taking up space (and maybe people). They do not consume FP, in order to produce FP. So you are gaining FP (from day one) by building them. (And with other FP producing GB's, eg CdM or Hagia, you get attack bonus or happiness; and you get some FPs on top of that, which are of course very welcome)

And the cost in FP of leveling up a GB (especially a later age one) is huge. Yes, if you put in a fixed amount X of FP, and the building produces an amount Y of FP per day, you will eventually get back your invested FP and start making a profit (ie gain FPs). But the 'eventually' is very far off ... I see the Cape not as an FP source, but an FP sink (I would be tempted to call it a black hole even, but that would not accurate, as you will eventually get something out of it (if you continue playing FoE long enough).
Maybe for an end game player, whose other GBs are all level 80-100, and they are sitting on hundreds of thousands of FP they have not much use of, then I guess they can throw them at the Cape (although any other GB would be better as it would provide some small benefit sooner rather than later).

I knew from an earlier calculation that it would take more than a year to get back your FP if you level Cape to level 10, and if you level it within one day (from 0 to level 10 in 1 day, so you start getting 10 fp per day from the 1st day). That is of course way too optimistic (it usually takes weeks/months), but simplifies the calculation. So reading this thread, I thought to extend the calculation for the higher levels (I knew it would get worse, as higher levels produce more FP, but you need to feed it more fp to reach each level) . But even I was amazed at how inefficient this GB is and was thinking that I must have made an error somewhere (I could not find any, but you are welcome to double-check my calculations)

Again assuming you level it in one day, and say you get it to level 50 immediately, it will take you 3.6 years to recover your investment (65,127 FP) and start gaining FP. And the higher the level, the worse it gets. So no, I do not think it is good GB for a CA player, or for any other player for that matter.

In the graphs below, the y axis is time (in days, weeks, months and years) and the x axis is the Level of Cape (always assuming you get it at that level in one go; in reality it will take weeks/months to level the Cape, so the time when you start making a profit is even further in the future).

Cape-days.JPG

Cape-weeks.JPG
Cape-months.JPG
Cape-years.JPG

DeletedUser13838

Most people think the cdm is one of the best GBs (at least those who fight). It gives fp and military bonus. At level 30 it gives you 18 fp and a 40% bonus. With a full set of bps you can level it to 31 for the low cost of 1,176 fps and you get an additional 1% military bonus. With another full set of bps and only 1,206 more you can get it to level 32 where you get another fp/day.

To get 18 fps from the cape you only need to get it to level 18. And to get another fp you just need 1 set of bps and 1,099 fps. The point is that the returns from other GBs diminish much quicker than the cape when only considering fps. And since the arc is an fp multiplier and assuming you level your arc before getting your other GBs to these levels, each additional daily fp is more like getting an additional 2-3 fps/day.