• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How man full sets of cape BPs should I have before I build it?

DeletedUser25920

I don't invest in my GBs I am part of clubs and swaps that can level it for me.

Ermm you are investing your FPs in your GBs. You put 100 fp to someone else's GB (via swap or GB club) they put 100 FP to yours. Bottom line you spent 100 fp and the FPs in your GB increased by 100. The only case where you do not invest in your GBs is when others donate there for free (without you paying back the FPs. But that is more rare, and the majority of FP in your GB you have paid back by donating back to the donors' GBs)

DeletedUser31592

Ermm you are investing your FPs in your GBs. You put 100 fp to someone else's GB (via swap or GB club) they put 100 FP to yours. Bottom line you spent 100 fp and the FPs in your GB increased by 100. The only case where you do not invest in your GBs is when others donate there for free (without you paying back the FPs. But that is more rare, and the majority of FP in your GB you have paid back by donating back to the donors' GBs)
But by doing a swap, she is getting a percentage of her FPs back in rewards. Plus getting medals for expansions.

DeletedUser25920

But by doing a swap, she is getting a percentage of her FPs back in rewards. Plus getting medals for expansions.

They are still using their FP's to level the GB in question (Cape) and no, they do not get back all the FP they used, by getting a reward. If the FP's are not used/invested to level the Cape, they can be used for something else instead (eg another GB that actually gives something back, whether an active or passive benefit).

These points (not putting own FP but swapping and getting rewards from donating) are all irrelevant to the question of whether one should invest their FP into the Cape or not. They would apply when investing FP in any of a player's GB. The point addressed here was is whether to invest FP into Cape or some other GB.

DeletedUser

The difference between GB's and other buildings (special or not), is that GB's need to be fed FPs in order to provide the benefit they do.
I don't understand why people keep making this point. It isn't true.
And the cost in FP of leveling up a GB (especially a later age one) is huge.
And neither is this. Unless you're in no guild or a bad guild. First of all, you don't have to keep feeding FPs to the GB to reap the benefits. Once it's built it pays out daily whether you put more FP in it or not. Yes, you'll want to level it up, but it still pays at level 1 daily until you tear it down. Second, any decent guild will have GB clubs and swap threads where you exchange FP on each other's GBs. You get rewards when you do it this way, which reduces the net amount of FP it takes to level any good GB. Why do people ignore this. Any thread about GB growth always stresses not to put your own FPs in your GBs, but to get in swaps for this exact reason. So the FP cost to level a GB is way down on the list of factors in whether it is a good GB or not.

DeletedUser31592

They are still using their FP's to level the GB in question (Cape) and no, they do not get back all the FP they used, by getting a reward. If the FP's are not used/invested to level the Cape, they can be used for something else instead (eg another GB that actually gives something back, whether an active or passive benefit).

These points (not putting own FP but swapping and getting rewards from donating) are all irrelevant to the question of whether one should invest their FP into the Cape or not. They would apply when investing FP in any of a player's GB. The point addressed here was is whether to invest FP into Cape or some other GB.
Who said all? I said PERCENTAGE.
Example-- If you put 100 FPs on a GB with a swap, you could get 50 back in rewards. So someone else put 100 on their GB but they are only out a net of 50 FPs. Much better off than if you had just stuck the 100 on your own.
It will always vary. Sometimes you are lucky and get back 100% or more of your investment. Sometimes you get nothing. On average, most players probably get back close to 50% or possibly more. (If they aren't, they need to be smarter about their swaps.)