• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

how many of you have been stuck in one age more than a year?

Oswyn the noble

in my main world, O...ive been deliberately stuck in CA for a very long time with no set plans to move forward towards industrial age. the reason is, it costs too much resources. and still have no immediate plans to move on this year. what about the rest of you guys and gals

CommanderCool1234

Yes, I agree with Kranyar, I never stay in an age because of costs but because of preference and choice. For example I like to camp in IA to get a good luanching point for my city and there is no need for a traz since you have the small 2x2 archers. LMA is also a good age to get your Arc to 80 and stay for a while.

Oswyn the noble

Few times ive been meaning to prep moving on by gathering the resources, but everytime something gets in the way and once again sidetracked. Then my interests diminishes

Just An Observer

EMA is where I have camped since last May. Why? It is the lowest era with the AD so that makes the perfect combination of costs and benefits. EMA is the womb for a city that will explode ahead with fully developed GB's. All Medals expansions are in and Medals for the SAV 4x4 are piling up nicely.

I began as a recursion city. Most people do not pay the Diamonds to set up one of these and take the Fighting route. So far this has paid dividends in GBG, where I can finish a season in the upper division of a Big Dog guild.

As a saying goes, all roads lead to Rome. Pick one and hope it works!

Wwwoodchuck

My first and only city, been paying one year now. I ‘camped’ in EMA to get used to the game and raise a few GB. I also lingered in FE as it is a very enjoyable age. Almost decided to stay there, but my first city so I felt I should experience all the game has to offer. If I decide to create another city, perhaps I will end up camping permanent in an age. I have been in AF for about a week now.

I found I really did not lack for any resources as I aged up. Yes, each age gets more expensive, but if you upgrade buildings they produce that much more and you also have more room to produce resources in. It is actually kind of a wash. It costs more but you produce more and it evens out to be able the same cost.

I only traded up enough in goods to get to a needed research task. I do not remember what most were; FE was to open Hoovers and AF was to open up the harbor. Then, I make whatever else I need to do research in that age and have a little extra, then age up. I really had no trouble battling in each age even though I was at the very low end of the attack/defense that everyone posts is “needed” before aging up. No, I could not auto to 75 attrition, but I was always in the group right behind the 1000 attack folks and was able to do GE 64 in each age. Yes, I needed to do some negotiating, but I made plenty of goods for it.

Tony 85 the Generous

If you can't move up because of lack of resources that's on you. Time to revisit how you've structured your city and how your current strategies can be tweaked to get what you want out of the City to move up.
It's all about goods & forge points
steal more goods & FP lol
That's not what I said. I just haven't decided to spend the time, effort, forge points, goods, and supplies to move up in ages.

Johnny B. Goode

I am not stuck in any age, but none of my cities will ever progress past Future Era other than the one that already did. My long term plan is to have 26 cities in FE and then the one that is unfortunately past Future Era.

MJ Artisan of War

Having been in Iron Age for almost a year on one world and nine months on another today was the very first time i was #1 in my hood and it happened on BOTH worlds!
I was so very happy i attacked my Hoodies and plundered the lovely gifts they had been so kind to leave about for me!