• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How to deal with a player who stalks and harasses you In game?

DeletedUser33339

This is based on experience on the PC side of the game because mobile does not have Global Chat window.

So i have noticed on my server there is one player (standing out from the rest) the harasses most of the other players. If you ask for help or goods or anything in global chat they will say they can or will help you. If you add them and try to get said help they will not help you. Then they will go back to global chat and tell everyone how you tried to scam or hustle them. They will talk bad about you and say anything and everything to get other players to not talk to or help you. Now most everyone in Global chat knows this person is a liar so they do not believe them. But thats not the point. I cant just ignore the person because they i can not defend myself when being attacked. I have asked them not to message me through the message system. I have asked them to not talk to me in global chat or to call me names or harass me. They continue to do these things. There are some players who will not even chat in global anymore because of this person. I am not sure how many people play on the server i am on. so i cant give an accurate guess as to how many see or use global chat. but it seems the person is violating art 12.3 of the terms and services but nothing can be done about them.

So my question, what do you do about someone you cant ignore and wont leave you or anyone else alone?

Terms & Service info
ART 12.3
  • using or publishing content tantamount to mobbing, or threatening, harassing, insulting or defamatory content, or publishing or linking to corresponding material on a third party website, irrespective of whether this content affects other users, our employees or other persons or companies;

DeletedUser26965

but how many people have to report someone before something is actually done? i know of at least 15 to 20 people who have reported this person some with screen shots and nothing is being done
I have no idea how many or even if how many is even part of the evaluation.

DeletedUser33339

Put him on ignore. And tell everyone else to do the same. No need to defend yourself if everyone already knows what he's like.

thank you for your advice. completely unhelpful and unneeded since this was already mentioned in my first post. but thanks for trying.

DeletedUser33297

This is based on experience on the PC side of the game because mobile does not have Global Chat window.
So my question, what do you do about someone you cant ignore and wont leave you or anyone else alone?

You say you can't ignore him/her. Are you saying you have used the "Ignore" feature built into the chat? Hard to believe you can't ignore a person if you can't see what they are saying.

DeletedUser

Now most everyone in Global chat knows this person is a liar so they do not believe them.
I cant just ignore the person because they i can not defend myself when being attacked.
If everyone knows this person is a liar, why do you need to defend yourself?
If you ask for help or goods or anything in global chat they will say they can or will help you. If you add them and try to get said help they will not help you. Then they will go back to global chat and tell everyone how you tried to scam or hustle them. They will talk bad about you and say anything and everything to get other players to not talk to or help you.
The only time this would be a problem is the first time. After that, you wouldn't fall for it, and wouldn't have to worry about defending yourself. And if you have him on ignore, you won't even see his bogus offer of help so you couldn't fall for it again, even if you forgot. So the fact that you just don't want to put him on ignore is the problem, not him.

By the way, my advice is only unhelpful because you don't really want to solve the problem, you want him punished. And that's not up to you.

DeletedUser33339

You say you can't ignore him/her. Are you saying you have used the "Ignore" feature built into the chat? Hard to believe you can't ignore a person if you can't see what they are saying.

im sorry if you seem to be confused. i can not leave them on ignore because i have to be able to defend myself when they are calling me names and attacking me in chat. now do you understand?

DeletedUser33339

The only time this would be a problem is the first time. After that, you wouldn't fall for it, and wouldn't have to worry about defending yourself. And if you have him on ignore, you won't even see his bogus offer of help so you couldn't fall for it again, even if you forgot. So the fact that you just don't want to put him on ignore is the problem, not him.

By the way, my advice is only unhelpful because you don't really want to solve the problem, you want him punished. And that's not up to you.[/QUO

By the way, my advice is only unhelpful because you don't really want to solve the problem, you want him punished. And that's not up to you.

i wish people like yourselves could focus on the issue that someone is harassing other players violating TofS and making the game a very unfun place to be. but instead of focusing on the actual issue you just to attack me for defending myself. and this is why i do not post much on here. i wish only people with common sense could reply

i am not falling for his tricks but how do i help new players if i cant see him trying to scam them or harass them? if he is on ignore i cant help the new people and others will have the same frustration as i am having. ................ i do not even know why i am trying to explain this to you you are as clueless as he is.

DeletedUser33339

so as per the people posting up above... it is ok for someone to harass new players, call them names, stalk them , and in general make everyone miserable as long as we all pretend it inst happening. thanks for the help i would have never thought we should all just suffer so the one person can be h appy making others suffer.

DeletedUser

im sorry if you seem to be confused. i can not leave them on ignore because i have to be able to defend myself when they are calling me names and attacking me in chat. now do you understand?
I am not confused at all. Apparently you fell for this player's scam once. Others also have, or at least know that he does it, by your own admission. I would also guess that you have defended yourself against his attacks immediately following your interaction with him. Now, given all these facts, there is no need to defend yourself further, and in fact you dignify his remarks by continuing to respond. If you put him on ignore you won't have to put up with his attacks. It's not rocket science. You're not solving anything by "defending" yourself endlessly, you're just raising your own blood pressure. Ignore him and he'll find another target for his attacks. Keep feeding the problem, and it will continue to grow. Now do you understand?
so as per the people posting up above... it is ok for someone to harass new players, call them names, stalk them , and in general make everyone miserable as long as we all pretend it inst happening. thanks for the help i would have never thought we should all just suffer so the one person can be h appy making others suffer.
You have been advised to report him. You have been advised to ignore him. Those are the two ways to deal with this problem, and you've rejected them both for no good reason. So apparently you're just here to play the victim and get sympathy. Good luck with that. I think we're done here.

DeletedUser26965

okay at first I was sympathetic but now I can see you're rather "sensitive" and now I question if this player is really violating any IG "rules" or simply "offensive" to you. If the player has in fact been reported numerous times as you say then it's pretty safe to say IG's looked at it, found no real violation and was done with it. Until you get something "real" on him then my advice is to rise above it and just go on your way, you can't stop the world from saying naughty things about you and you'll drive yourself insane trying to.

p.s.
One last piece of advice, NEVER open global chat, you never know what might pop out
index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33297

I have to agree with Stephen and SJS....you have the means with which to solve this problem, as far as you are concerned, but you choose not to. That's on you. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

How do you think the others in Global chat feel when you are arguing with this person, defending yourself? Arguing, defending, etc...its all the same problem if other people dont like it.
Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

Graviton

No, I don't understand "defending yourself", especially since, as you said, nobody else believes him in the first place. It's good that you and others have reported him, but that's all you can do. Now put him on ignore and enjoy the game. In fact that's good advice for life in general: ignore the a-holes and enjoy yourself.

so as per the people posting up above... it is ok for someone to harass new players, call them names, stalk them , and in general make everyone miserable as long as we all pretend it inst happening.

It's not pretending it isn't happening, it's more like rising above it. Ask yourself why you put such importance on this random stranger's opinion.

DeletedUser28686

some servers are harder to find descent ppl to buy goods off of esp newer servers but if you ask around to your friends find the ones who have high lvl gbs if they dpnt reply than move to next person some servers you can find a good many of players who are willing to help out which server your on does make a difference

DeletedUser28686

I have to agree with Stephen and SJS....you have the means with which to solve this problem, as far as you are concerned, but you choose not to. That's on you. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

How do you think the others in Global chat feel when you are arguing with this person, defending yourself? Arguing, defending, etc...its all the same problem if other people dont like it.
Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.
can you make me a name tag like yours its so cool just with a chick with darker hair

Mustapha00

If I understand the OP's issue, it isn't so much with his ability or the ability of other people who have been scammed/harassed by the other player to deal with that situation, but that the typical ways of doing so have their limitations:

If the OP and other harassed players just put the creep on /ignore, then new players will not have a way to be warned not to fall for the scammer.

If taking screenshots and forwarding them to Inno only for Inno to do nothing is all that can be done, then, again, new players won't be forewarned to avoid dealing with the creep.

DeletedUser28686

If I understand the OP's issue, it isn't so much with his ability or the ability of other people who have been scammed/harassed by the other player to deal with that situation, but that the typical ways of doing so have their limitations:

If the OP and other harassed players just put the creep on /ignore, then new players will not have a way to be warned not to fall for the scammer.

If taking screenshots and forwarding them to Inno only for Inno to do nothing is all that can be done, then, again, new players won't be forewarned to avoid dealing with the creep.
I put on ignore