• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to defend against a stalker

CyrusbinAaron

Larr Yead is jumping in a dumping several hundred FP at one time to consume my Great Building Levels for the express purpose of denying me the use of my won GB. It has become expensive to find the missing blueprints to open levels. Can we have a tool to bar a player from your GB and how do we stop harassment
?

Dominator - X

No tool, and it isn't harassment. Learn how to prime your GB's to be neighbor unfriendly and if you are determined enough and unable to prime it and protect it, due to the sweet spot levels, disconnect the GB from your roads. You will lose it's ability and the timer will stop while disconnected, but no one will be able to contribute anything to it at that time.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

Larr Yead is jumping in a dumping several hundred FP at one time to consume my Great Building Levels for the express purpose of denying me the use of my won GB. It has become expensive to find the missing blueprints to open levels. Can we have a tool to bar a player from your GB and how do we stop harassment
?
How is this person denying you the use of your GB ?

Johnny B. Goode

?
Someone is dumping "several hundred FP" on your GB(s) and you're complaining??????
I dump several hundred FP on neighbors' GBs, although not all at once, because I'm a self leveler and need the BPs. I haven't had a complaint yet, even from the ones whose GBs I've leveled.
And if someone, anyone, dumps several hundred FP at any time on one of my GBs, I would be very thankful.

Jackshat

?
Not much you can do if gb levels are below 11...unless you wish to disconnect a gb from Townhall. After level 10, I typically don't open a level unless folks I intend to give spots to are online. There are other methods, but this really isn't a big deal...you'll learn how to protect your gbs in due time...

Johnny B. Goode

?
How is this person denying you the use of your GB ?
What exactly does this mean?
If he's a self-leveler like me, then he has the issue of running out of BPs as the GB levels up. In most of my cities, at some point or another, I end up having to find GBs in my hood to dump FP on because all of mine are at max level for the BPs I have. This is why I chose the Jester's Stage whenever I got a Feast and Fables Selection Kit, despite the fact that it gives defense boosts, so I would have a steady stream of BPs coming in even when I'm donating to my own GBs.

So...if someone is filling that last level he has BPs for, it leaves him without being able to donate to it until he finds the missing BP(s). Of course, he would run into this problem sooner or later anyway, so it's really just a question of timing rather than any real harm.

Angry.Blanket

If he's a self-leveler like me, then he has the issue of running out of BPs as the GB levels up. In most of my cities, at some point or another, I end up having to find GBs in my hood to dump FP on because all of mine are at max level for the BPs I have. This is why I chose the Jester's Stage whenever I got a Feast and Fables Selection Kit, despite the fact that it gives defense boosts, so I would have a steady stream of BPs coming in even when I'm donating to my own GBs.

So...if someone is filling that last level he has BPs for, it leaves him without being able to donate to it until he finds the missing BP(s). Of course, he would run into this problem sooner or later anyway, so it's really just a question of timing rather than any real harm.
Yes and he can always donate to others GBs, if he is getting his GBs leveled faster than he can keep up with.

Pericles the Lion

This is only a serious problem if the guy dumping the FP is disrupting FP exchange deals the OP is involved in.
How is this a problem? If he's in a 1.9 swap thread then the spots should be made sniper proof. If he's in a private swap thread then the sniper's contributions come with no requirement that the OP reciprocate (meaning free FPs). The OP should be communicating with his guild, not the forum, about how best to deal with hoodies sniping his GBs. I have lots of players on my FL that level using swap threads, I've had their swap partners complain to me about my contributions but never the GB owner.

Jackshat

Virtually identical process with me and thus far NO gb owner in my hood has ever complained about such fp drops. Those who thought they had a good snipe, however, are likely like, "dadgumit!"

Jackshat

Yes and he can always donate to others GBs, if he is getting his GBs leveled faster than he can keep up with.
What a nice dilemma to have. Since my slots are typically reserved and well-protected, hoodies with gbs I need bps for are also beneficiaries since slot recipients aren't usually all within an hrs or so reach when I'm ready to level.

However, today I told them a date/time I'll be leveling. Let's see how many can be there to get their slots. If a slot pirate manages to loot a spot in that very small window of opportunity, I'll buy that bastərd a beer!

DreadfulCadillac

See I level using 1.92 & 1.9 in fast threads while being overly protective of my GBs (not unlocking till i'm ready to prime & post, etc), and I almost never have any of these issues...

Perhaps what's really needed here for ya is a change in playstyle?