• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to entice players to trade lower age good for future Goods?

• Thread starter DeletedUser38613
  • Start date

Graviton

The seller got paid in full, putting the fps on the GBs you specified. Sellers aren't ever entitled to donators' GBs winnings - they always belong to the donator. I'd never, ever use a seller who demanded that extra payment beyond the standard payment.

I had a guy do this to me once. We'd agreed to a swap (I was buying goods from him for FPs). After I'd placed the FPs and got the goods he said, "I made a mistake and you ended up locking a reward spot on that GB, so you should give me those reward FPs in addition to what you paid me." I completely ignored him. It's nonsense.

DeletedUser

I had a guy do this to me once. We'd agreed to a swap (I was buying goods from him for FPs). After I'd placed the FPs and got the goods he said, "I made a mistake and you ended up locking a reward spot on that GB, so you should give me those reward FPs in addition to what you paid me." I completely ignored him. It's nonsense.
Oh, definitely! Any kind of condition like this should be agreed upon beforehand, if at all. A seller who wants you to pay for his/her mistake should be laughed off and never dealt with again. And guild mates should be warned about them.

Jern2017

I had a seller that was about to sell me goods. We agreed on a price, but then he noticed I have a high level Arc and used some overly complicated calculations to try to persuade me to pay more since I'll get some FPs back. Luckily I had not started donating yet and quickly withdrew from our agreement.

I've seen sellers set a base price, then increase it based on how much FPs the buyer will get back, which I also hate.

I occasionally sell PE goods and this is how I do it - as a seller, I do not require any specific goods for the trade, because I'm not doing it for the goods, but for the FPs. I get to decide where I want FPs, whether it's 100 FP on one of my GBs or 10 FP on ten of my GBs. The buyer is not entitled to any rewards from continuing to my GBs, but if they do get any because of my poor planning, that is entirely my fault.

Salsuero

That's having your cake & eating it too. Greedy, really.

Yeah, perhaps. But if it's part of the trade deal, you can reject the offer, right?

The seller got paid in full, putting the fps on the GBs you specified. Sellers aren't ever entitled to donators' GBs winnings - they always belong to the donator. I'd never, ever use a seller who demanded that extra payment beyond the standard payment.

When I traded with someone like this in the past, the seller simply set the price based on including the reward, so if I'm going to get 50 FPs from his GB, he would set the price, including that reward. "You're getting 50 FPs, and I want 200 FPs + your 50 FPs, so you pay me 250 FPs." In reality, the price was basically just 250 FPs independent of the 50 FPs from the reward. Either way you want to explain it to your buyer, the bottom line is -- the seller wants a certain amount and you either agree or you don't.

DeletedUser

Yeah, perhaps. But if it's part of the trade deal, you can reject the offer, right?

When I traded with someone like this in the past, the seller simply set the price based on including the reward, so if I'm going to get 50 FPs from his GB, he would set the price, including that reward. "You're getting 50 FPs, and I want 200 FPs + your 50 FPs, so you pay me 250 FPs." In reality, the price was basically just 250 FPs independent of the 50 FPs from the reward. Either way you want to explain it to your buyer, the bottom line is -- the seller wants a certain amount and you either agree or you don't.
I agree with you, but there have been cases where the seller tried to pull this stunt after the transaction started, and that's just despicable. IMHO :)

DeletedUser40495

I agree with you, but there have been cases where the seller tried to pull this stunt after the transaction started, and that's just despicable. IMHO :)
If anyone EVER tried to pull crap like this off on me I would just ignore them and then send a group message out to as many friends and guildmates as I can to warn them to NEVER buy goods from that seller. And I would tell my friends to tell all of their friends to never buy from that person. There are plenty of great goods sellers out there and if players boycott the bad ones, they will be forced to change their ways or stop selling goods.

DeletedUser29623

Maybe the OP needs more of a bank? Literally the only part of this game I figured out without advice from other players was sniping. I sniped penny ante GB positions for profits here and there and because my hoodies and I were such small potatoes, nobody else was hunting in the same territory. I also got my Chat before my Arc and started doing RQs, which a lot of people consider foolish, but those 5 fp packs really help build up your bank when you're new. When you have a couple hundred stored up early on, it's an incredible advantage. You can jump on a position or buy goods when you need them.

I had a terrible guild back then -- well, nice people, but the leader claimed to find the concept of buying goods unfathomable for the longest time. I had to talk them into setting up basic stuff like swap threads and tried to persuade them to get Chats and Arcs, but it was an uphill struggle with all but one of them. (He's now in my current, excellent, guild.) And the leader did finally get an Arc, but it's going to take him a long time to catch up.

RazorbackPirate

Maybe the OP needs more of a bank? Literally the only part of this game I figured out without advice from other players was sniping. I sniped penny ante GB positions for profits here and there and because my hoodies and I were such small potatoes, nobody else was hunting in the same territory. I also got my Chat before my Arc and started doing RQs, which a lot of people consider foolish, but those 5 fp packs really help build up your bank when you're new. When you have a couple hundred stored up early on, it's an incredible advantage. You can jump on a position or buy goods when you need them.
This was my approach. Spinning RQs also meant I had plenty of goods to negotiate all 4 levels of GE and finish the Daily Challenge daily and all events quickly. This allowed me to acquire multiple SoKs and special buildings upping the FP production of my city even more.

By the time I built the Arc, my Chat was at level 10, and producing over 75 FPs from my city alone. I also had 500 FPs in the bank and over 15 extra BP sets I'd gathered. All of this made a huge difference in raising the Arc quickly.

Salsuero

If anyone EVER tried to pull crap like this off on me I would just ignore them and then send a group message out to as many friends and guildmates as I can to warn them to NEVER buy goods from that seller. And I would tell my friends to tell all of their friends to never buy from that person. There are plenty of great goods sellers out there and if players boycott the bad ones, they will be forced to change their ways or stop selling goods.

That's VERY optimistic of you. But there are so many players in these worlds, and new ones coming and going all the time... fact is, most of these players don't care if they don't sell any goods... they don't need the FPs if they're at a point where they've become a "major" goods seller. I don't think you can really make a dent in a market, but you're certainly welcome to keep trying and I wouldn't begrudge you for doing so. My reply is mostly about the part I marked... I don't think so. They might stop...... for a while at least. But, unless you are able to sustain a healthy boycott, your one-time message will soon be diluted by an ever-changing and ever-forgetful player base, and a sometimes desperate one.

Emberguard

I got 2 to go. SO I thought I'd get a headstart on collecting Goods. Also, I stated I'm in EMA
are you saying you don't have all the arc BPs yet?
I got 2 to go. SO I thought I'd get a headstart on collecting Goods. Also, I stated I'm in EMA
This is very easy. Just buy goods and ask if there’s anyway to negotiate it onto a Arc.

This could go one of several ways. Depending on your city income and the lvl of the GB contributing to you could get a higher position (eg. 3rd) and in doing so have a higher payment as they’ll want you to return the contribution prize. Or you take a lower position and your presence could help the seller get any competing neighbours to up their contributions (the amount of players vying for a position is the difference between my neighbours taking 5th at 20FPs and taking it at 200 despite the rewards being 5-10 FPs).

Either way chances are unless they’re specifically doing you a favour there’s a high probability that payment onto a Arc will be higher then on another GB unless it’s a low lvl Arc that’s not high enough yet to have 1.9 momentum.

The reason I am saying this, is because I am 1, and nice person and like to help other guild mates for free, and 2, it isn't allowed to sell goods for fps to guildies in any guild I've been in.

Not being allowed to sell is unreasonable. Sure I’d appreciate a free set if offered. But that should be the choice of the player giving not a requirement. A labourer is worthy of their hire. To say no one is allowed to sell either means no ones going to be able to get advanced GBs at all, or those who have spent the time building up thier cities have to support younger members for nothing in return. That’s not fair to the seller (practically theft if it’s required and not just offered) and doesn’t teach the buyer anything about game mechanics.

While I am in great sympathy with your goal to drop and level and Arc as early as possible- it certainly makes the game, if not easier, then less hard- I think you're setting your sights too high too quickly.

If you're producing only around 30fp a day
Agreed. I started an Arc @ 30 FPs a day. Took about a year to reach lvl’s 20-30. Had I waited to get my city to 100 FPs a day I could of done the same progress in a few months and be further in the game.

This is of course partly because I haven’t been a big sniper. If I were sniping positions it may have been worth doing arc straight away

Ok, that last one sounds like their just hammering me unfairly. That would be totally unethical to scrape off the miniscule (in comparison) reward I get in ADDITION to the agreed price. That's like saying "you pay me $10 for the goods, also a $5 transaction fee for me actually having to make an effort to trade". Is that really a common thing?
Only for high Lvl GBs where that position you’re going for would already fill itself for free at x1.9 the base rate. Because here’s the thing, there’s no point in selling goods for 300 FPs on a spot that will already be filled for 250 FPs if the seller did nothing. But it makes sense on a position that would normally go for 5 or 10 FPs to let you keep the change.

Those positions have two values. The base value, and the value of what it’s worth to the owner. So anything above lvl 10 expect the possibility of being asked to pay the value of the spot (owners losses if they sell goods) on top of the price for goods

You could ask if any of their GBs have been sniped and put into a sniped GB to help recoup their losses if you don’t pay back any FP rewards. But that’d only work if they’re not intending to keep lvling it for a while with your income being so low

Last edited:

DeletedUser38613

1. NO NO NO NO NO. Get all the BPs first, when you only have 17 FPs to juggle, you CANNOT be going for BPs and future goods at the same time

2. EMA means Early Middle Ages, which is an age, not a world, for example, my world is Odhrorvar

Worlds1.png
So in my East-Nagach world, I FINALLY gotten all the BPs and now make 37 FP per day (including the hourly FP). Brisgard is still missing 3 and Arc BP seem to have a trolling habit of giving me repeat BPs instead of new ones. What would be a decent price because 400 FP seems like a lot. Or Im just cheap. Still in EMA btw.

barra370804

So in my East-Nagach world, I FINALLY gotten all the BPs and now make 37 FP per day (including the hourly FP). Brisgard is still missing 3 and Arc BP seem to have a trolling habit of giving me repeat BPs instead of new ones. What would be a decent price because 400 FP seems like a lot. Or Im just cheap. Still in EMA btw.
400 FP is more than generous.

Agent327

A decent price is a price you are willing to pay.