• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How to find out who's aided me withough creating a spreadsheet!

Is there an easy way to find out who has not aided me so I can weed them out of Friends List? [I did a search but answer didn't match my situ]

Ebeondi Asi

I used to make a 'spreadsheet' back when I started. The easiest thing to do is hover over the Friends Image, to see have they've been active in the last two days. anyone not active in last two days, dump.
With 140 possible Friends, it is no longer too hard to get everythign aided every day.
Once every few months aside from the above is to actually type in part of the name in a seach in City hall history. I generally drop players with fewer than four aid/tavern.
Or do what Arya suggests

Sharmon the Impaler

Better to wait for not active in more than 8 days. Make a spreadsheet of those names and then look through your list the week after. No activity then dump. Stuff happens to people in life and if you are checking every 2 days then you take this game way too seriously.

Ebeondi Asi

if you are checking every 2 days then you take this game way too seriously.
Yeah if someone is checking every two days. that is excessive. or do you actually mean checking and getting rid of players that are not active within two days?

I check about once a month or every two months. The active within two days is good though. (I only do not drop them if they have been Friends I recognize a long time, then I 'might' PM them to ask. Over years I have asked maybe a dozen players in PM.) But since the activity listing has appeared I have dumped fewer Friends for not being active in "more than two days", than I have dumped for depositing unwanted Fps on my GBs. Generally i might find one or two players not active out of near 140.

Sharmon the Impaler

Me too about that much. Having spreadsheets for it though and watching them daily? Not so much. For sniping friends I unfriend them and they get on my permanent snipe list :)

Yeah if someone is checking every two days. that is excessive. or do you actually mean checking and getting rid of players that are not active within two days?

I check about once a month or every two months. The active within two days is good though. (I only do not drop them if they have been Friends I recognize a long time, then I 'might' PM them to ask. Over years I have asked maybe a dozen players in PM.) But since the activity listing has appeared I have dumped fewer Friends for not being active in "more than two days", than I have dumped for depositing unwanted Fps on my GBs. Generally i might find one or two players not active out of near 140.
I meant that it's been about 2 weeks now and I know there are some who don't seem to be active and aiding, so I was wondering if there was a quick way to determine that.

Re the people that talk about the orange button, I am confused as that is a button to let me know that the time has passed and I can aid them again.

Better to wait for not active in more than 8 days. Make a spreadsheet of those names and then look through your list the week after. No activity then dump. Stuff happens to people in life and if you are checking every 2 days then you take this game way too seriously.
Right, I did say it's been 2 weeks. I was looking for an Alternative to a spreadsheet but thanks!

Just asking, why would you drop someone for putting FPs on your GB? Is there something I don't know about that? Thx.

Me too about that much. Having spreadsheets for it though and watching them daily? Not so much. For sniping friends I unfriend them and they get on my permanent snipe list :)

I understand sniping is when you've been putting FP on someoneELses GB and then someone comes in towards the end and passes you.

I've not checked in 2 weeks (maybe you read that as 2 days?). I've been playing 2 weeks or so and wanted to check and thought maybe there was a way to do that I hadn't already heard of. Someone being active though I don't think means they aided you? I assume that means they have been active in the game.

And why is it bad to put FPs on your GB?

Johnny B. Goode

I've not checked in 2 weeks (maybe you read that as 2 days?). I've been playing 2 weeks or so and wanted to check and thought maybe there was a way to do that I hadn't already heard of. Someone being active though I don't think means they aided you? I assume that means they have been active in the game.

And why is it bad to put FPs on your GB?
If you aid from Event History, as suggested above, then look at your friends on the social bar at the bottom, anyone you can still aid has not aided you in at least 5 days. Alternatively, just go through your list of friends on the social bar and delete anyone showing 8 days inactive (red dot). No need for a spreadsheet or anything fancy. Takes no longer than simply aiding everyone.

Event History goes back 5 days on both mobile and browser. Once you've aided everyone that shows in Event History, anyone showing in the social bar that can still be aided (guild mate, friend or neighbor) has not aided you in the last 5 days. Tavern sitting is a little trickier, simply because it depends on whether their Tavern is full or not. Aiding has no such problem. And clearly, if someone shows as inactive for 8+ days, then they haven't aided you or sat in your Tavern in those last 8 days either.

If you aid from Event History, as suggested above, then look at your friends on the social bar at the bottom, anyone you can still aid has not aided you in at least 5 days. Alternatively, just go through your list of friends on the social bar and delete anyone showing 8 days inactive (red dot). No need for a spreadsheet or anything fancy. Takes no longer than simply aiding everyone.

Event History goes back 5 days on both mobile and browser. Once you've aided everyone that shows in Event History, anyone showing in the social bar that can still be aided (guild mate, friend or neighbor) has not aided you in the last 5 days. Tavern sitting is a little trickier, simply because it depends on whether their Tavern is full or not. Aiding has no such problem. And clearly, if someone shows as inactive for 8+ days, then they haven't aided you or sat in your Tavern in those last 8 days either.

I am simply amazed that I have gotten such different answers from other people I've asked.

Ok. so It does take longer to go through 45 pages in event history than it does to scroll through the bar at the bottom where the avatars are. But I guess if that's the way to do it, I'll either just aid everyone.

I thought they matched. (was told that the first week). And the names pop up on my screen all the time when they/someone aids or goes into tavern. I will look more closely. I've never seen a red dot. And everyone in the avatar list has an orange AID button each day.

I didn't think this was as labor intensive as it is. Ah well, I guess I'll just aid everyone regardless.

Ebeondi Asi

To really check takes a great deal of time. What happens though is, over time, you get a lot of good players who do aid, and you keep them. So the task gradually over a long time, becomes easier. In particular it generally is the lower level points players who stop aiding/ playing. So just checking them you clear most of the 'bad' players. (but that is only after you have been playing for a long time and have collected a lot of good players.) .
There are ways to find better players, which I would never tell my methods. It took a long time to figure them out (no one told me) so i will allow others to find their own ways to get good players. but there are ways to sort out some of the chaff.