• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How to Follow QI Settlement Build Instructions

Mulldiv

I am following the QI settlement build instructions published in a spreadsheet by player Flotte Karotte (FK). I am a bit more than half way through his build instructions. Please pardon my ignorance but I do not understand what to do to harvest troops, goods, and attack/defense boosts each day after reaching what FK calls, "Final Town Setup". In the description of this "Final Town Setup", FK says:

"If you harvest 2 times a day, you can built every day 1 triumphal arch +9 decorations. That's +45% attack boost per day. So you will hit 270% attack on the last day.
Additionally you can either recruit 60 units or 30 balista a day. Or if you want to produce 100 goods a day. (or any working combination of both)"

The "Final Town Setup" only contains one balista camp, no goods producing buildings, and no decorations. Can someone help me to understand how to progress from this point? Thanks for any help you can offer.

G'day,

Mulldiv

Pericles the Lion

I am following the QI settlement build instructions published in a spreadsheet by player Flotte Karotte (FK). I am a bit more than half way through his build instructions. Please pardon my ignorance but I do not understand what to do to harvest troops, goods, and attack/defense boosts each day after reaching what FK calls, "Final Town Setup". In the description of this "Final Town Setup", FK says:

"If you harvest 2 times a day, you can built every day 1 triumphal arch +9 decorations. That's +45% attack boost per day. So you will hit 270% attack on the last day.
Additionally you can either recruit 60 units or 30 balista a day. Or if you want to produce 100 goods a day. (or any working combination of both)"

The "Final Town Setup" only contains one balista camp, no goods producing buildings, and no decorations. Can someone help me to understand how to progress from this point? Thanks for any help you can offer.

G'day,

Mulldiv
When you get to the final stage the settlement will be producing 215625 coins and 215625 supplies every collection. What you choose to do with these resources is up to you. Produce goods for more expansions? Produce units for more battles? The choice is yours.

Mulldiv

Pericles, Thank you for the quick reply and, as I said before, please forgive my ignorance. I am a fairly new player. Am I correct that the 216k each of coins and supplies can NOT be directly converted to anything else. Instead you have to build good buildings or military buildings, correct? Then these can be used to create goods, troops, or goods to sell for expansions. However, the QI settlement is quite full of buildings at this point. Is there a good plan or guide for what buildings to sell and what to build to maintain an adequate euphoria while still generating goods, troops, and adequate coins and supplies? It is like the FK guide stops just as the important parts begin.

Pericles the Lion

No apology necessary, we're all new to QI. There are nodes on the map where coins and supplies can be used to complete actions. Aside from that, they are used to construct buildings and/or pay for production runs on goods/military buildings. I'm using FK's guide and have a day, or so, to go before I get to the final set-up. I'm not sure what I'll do at that point. Continuing on the map will require troops with higher boosts. So, it seems that the priority will be to add boosts and that will require decorations. Will likely need to add another expansion to make enough room. It's a puzzle. Just need to make the pieces come together. I'm expecting that 150+ boosts will be needed to handle the last levels.

P C C

One thing to remember is that goods buildings and barracks only take one hour to construct and produce goods or units immediately. So after you do a collection you may be able to take out production or other buildings, build your goods or barracks and make what you want, and then delete them and build back whatever you removed and still be on track for your next for your next collection

jaymoney23456

G'day,

Mulldiv
Doesn't sound like you could actually build all of that for a while given the cost of putting in production and coin buildings plus the cost of the arches and the decos and the goods needed to build more expansions.

Mulldiv

So, jaymoney..., do you have any suggestions on how to proceed once a player has obtained the "Final Town Setup" per FK's guide/spreadsheet?

JJ597

They will
So, jaymoney..., do you have any suggestions on how to proceed once a player has obtained the "Final Town Setup" per FK's guide/spreadsheet?
Yoiur reply will probably be, check out youtube videos.

Avan Sensei

By the time you have completed the final town setup and produce the units and have the attack to fight effectively, the season is already halfway finished

Mulldiv

Avan, Yes, I agree. A lot of people are fighting and going through the QI maps early and struggling with having enough troops, goods, etc. to move effectively on the QI map. I could be wrong but it looks to me like the better way is to virtually forget the QI map and focus on building your QI settlement for 4-6 days. Then, it looks like you can generate enough of everything including att/def bonuses to move quickly on the map. Of course, getting an entire guild to do this on a new part of FoE is tougher than herding cats. Still, it is the approach I am taking. I am just puzzled by how to do the parts after the "Final Town Setup".

Avan Sensei

Avan, Yes, I agree. A lot of people are fighting and going through the QI maps early and struggling with having enough troops, goods, etc. to move effectively on the QI map. I could be wrong but it looks to me like the better way is to virtually forget the QI map and focus on building your QI settlement for 4-6 days. Then, it looks like you can generate enough of everything including att/def bonuses to move quickly on the map. Of course, getting an entire guild to do this on a new part of FoE is tougher than herding cats. Still, it is the approach I am taking. I am just puzzled by how to do the parts after the "Final Town Setup".
That I do not know yet. I'm still waiting for my 7th harvest. It will take me more than a day to get to the Final Town Setup. I'm sure I will find out by then, by playing the balance between Triumphal Archs and Decorations. You're right to focus on building the settlement for 4-6 days. In the meantime you can fight with those free units given at the start. They should last longer if you manual fight.

Mulldiv

Avan, Thanks again for your response. The battles are very tough ones and I tend to lose a unit or 2 in many of them. I am down to the dregs of my starting armies but am still doing a couple of battles here and there. Another thing that I think makes sense is to contribute ALL of your starting goods that are NOT from the two goods buildings that you selected as soon as you can on one of the goods contribution nodes on the QI map. You will never get more of these goods so you will not need them to buy expansions. Why not use them ASAP on contribution nodes. That is what I have been doing so far. Conversely, I have been holding onto the two goods that I selected since I will get more of these and can use them for expansions. They have future value unlike the non-selected goods.

Avan Sensei

Here's my town layout at the 7th harvest. To get to the Final Town Setup it takes a lot of rearranging and I have no idea how to do it without deleting buildings. There's no reconstruction mode in QI. I might just settle with my current layout. I would be able to fit an extra villa if I go to the Final Town Setup, but I think it's too much trouble. I have 3x4 of free space at the top. A Tailor is supposed to go there but I don't have enough coins to build it. There are also 1x1 free space where I'll be able to build decorations after a few more harvests. The spreadsheet suggests to buy more expansions with goods, which I will do. With more expansions I will be able to build more Triumphal Archs which allow me to build more decorations without sacrificing Euphoria. So far I have bought 4 expansions. I will likely buy 2 more expansions.

Attachments

• 7thharvest.png
    7thharvest.png
    771.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Mulldiv

Avan, Here is my town near the end of 7.harvest. I have one less triumphal arch but have one more expansion on which sits my iron foundry. My ballista camp is building and will be done in another ~1 hr. I have lots of room for decorations. The cost of the military buildings is pretty small so my plan is to:
1) Make a LOT of ballistas (maybe 60 or so)
2) Sell ballista camp
3) Build other military camp (legionnaires) and make a LOT of legionnaires (maybe 60 or so)
4) Harvest and build another arch when I can
5) Harvest and build decorations as I can.
6) Make goods as needed for donations

Your or anyone else's input on this plan would be appreciated. Thanks.

1711411198724.png

jaymoney23456

I will just expirament to see what works best for me for city set-up. If you place forgotten temple and tourney grounds there is no need to wait to participate in QI. Can start right away and just do manual fighting rather than waste 4 days or more of action points as some suggest. Even with less attack boost its better to do what you can while still building city imo.

Avan Sensei

It did take me 4 days to arrive at the 7th harvest layout but I can't do a thing in QI right now cuz my guild is on level 6 and the first fight node has enemy army with 60/60 boost. I have one tourney ground so my boost is 25/25, which is too low to fight level 6. I will have to start building a lot of decorations but they cost a lot of coins and supplies. I think I should be able to fight level 6 on the 6th day, which is kinda late. IMO QI is clearly too pay-to-win.

jaymoney23456

It did take me 4 days to arrive at the 7th harvest layout but I can't do a thing in QI right now cuz my guild is on level 6 and the first fight node has enemy army with 60/60 boost. I have one tourney ground so my boost is 25/25, which is too low to fight level 6. I will have to start building a lot of decorations but they cost a lot of coins and supplies. I think I should be able to fight level 6 on the 6th day, which is kinda late. IMO QI is clearly too pay-to-win.
Yes, very much too much pay to win!

Ebeondi Asi

I will do a physical graph paper city and work out what is the best opening location for the QI Town hall. I did do a rearrangement. it was hard to do. (All the Space Colony have the same lack of rearrange mode) The best time to do it is when you have a spare expansion you added. or even better two. Plus to see what arrangement of expansions works out best for the size of buildings.
I did graph paper comparisons when I started in Mars Colony and some later ones. It really helped me to understand how to start and move forward. So I hopefully will be better prepared next QI season start.

jaymoney23456

There needs to be a sandbox that players can tinker around in before things like QI officially start. That way players could get a feel for how it actually operates. Even the best video or written tutorial is not the same thing as actually playing it. Main reason this doesn't exist is obviously because Inno enjoys having players make mistakes because then they spend more diamonds. But of course player satisfaction has been irrelevant to Inno for a while now. From here on out, greed and nothing else drives what gets released from events to things like the rival to changes in GbG to now the QI.

Johnny B. Goode

There needs to be a sandbox that players can tinker around in before things like QI officially start. That way players could get a feel for how it actually operates. Even the best video or written tutorial is not the same thing as actually playing it. Main reason this doesn't exist is obviously because Inno enjoys having players make mistakes because then they spend more diamonds. But of course player satisfaction has been irrelevant to Inno for a while now. From here on out, greed and nothing else drives what gets released from events to things like the rival to changes in GbG to now the QI.
There is. It's called the Beta server. Start a city there and you can try out everything before it comes to the live servers.