• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to Pick Which Units to Lose

Super Catanian

Rogues are not #1 priority for AI. There are times when the AI can attack a rogue but attacks something else instead. For example an AI stealth unit would rather attack a non-rogue from stealth than a rogue while unstealthed if it can't attack the rogue while in stealth.
In the GE? Last time I checked, that only happens in the C-Map, not in the GE. But I could be wrong.

DeletedUser36624

Bad news. I had a knight walk around a rogue to target a trebuchet. In GE.

DeletedUser13838

In the GE? Last time I checked, that only happens in the C-Map, not in the GE. But I could be wrong.
GE AI is the same as city defense AI as far as I know. Essentially, the AI prefers to use its abilities (stealth blast etc) when it can while avoiding user abilities and that preference is higher than attacking rogues. This can lead to some odd behavior, such as an AI unit with blast moving adjacent to a player's unit before attacking even though it will take retaliation.

Super Catanian

GE AI is the same as city defense AI as far as I know. Essentially, the AI prefers to use its abilities (stealth blast etc) when it can while avoiding user abilities and that preference is higher than attacking rogues. This can lead to some odd behavior, such as an AI unit with blast moving adjacent to a player's unit before attacking even though it will take retaliation.
Yes, that happens to me a lot in the InA.

Triopoly Champion

I'm in Colonial and ranger is the only unit that has the special ability - stealth. I just don't move my units to a hex that's adjacent to more than 1 forest. This makes CA Champion better because they are the fast units, so lots of locations to move to.

After an enemy ranger occupies the 1 forest hex and strikes my rogue, there won't be another ranger attacking that same unit.

Jern2017

I'm in the Progressive Era and the only unit that occasionally targets a non-Rogue is the Champion.