• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I got the Goods

WillyTwoShoes

In deference to a new paradigm.

While I want the warm accolades and general approval of my personal strategy, regards goods
I need the thinking and wisdom from you old heads.

-to whit:

Against my fellow guilder old heads thinking that attack boosts were everything. I have doggedly pursued a strategy of leaving behind builds in previous ages as a means of having a steady collection of previous ages goods. Excepting Iron Age as I didn't think of it at the time.

I use a lot of one ups to cherry pick what builds I age up based on Troops drops, Age/Previous age Goods, att/def boosts. At some point I expect to use my renovations to bring forward what I think best. At any rate I have a lot of builds spread out over various ages that provide me with a steady supply of age specific goods to help fellow guilders/friends/and treasury needs.

I do wish I could age back some builds, but that is not going to happen. I get the advice that I can always trade down for whatever goods might be needed but as we all know that can be cumbersome and slow vs having the goods on hand.

Putting aside troop drops, if the att/def boosts are negligible or nil for a build how is that a bad strategy?

I embrace your scorn.

Dominator - X

In deference to a new paradigm.

While I want the warm accolades and general approval of my personal strategy, regards goods
I need the thinking and wisdom from you old heads.

-to whit:

Against my fellow guilder old heads thinking that attack boosts were everything. I have doggedly pursued a strategy of leaving behind builds in previous ages as a means of having a steady collection of previous ages goods. Excepting Iron Age as I didn't think of it at the time.

I use a lot of one ups to cherry pick what builds I age up based on Troops drops, Age/Previous age Goods, att/def boosts. At some point I expect to use my renovations to bring forward what I think best. At any rate I have a lot of builds spread out over various ages that provide me with a steady supply of age specific goods to help fellow guilders/friends/and treasury needs.

I do wish I could age back some builds, but that is not going to happen. I get the advice that I can always trade down for whatever goods might be needed but as we all know that can be cumbersome and slow vs having the goods on hand.

Putting aside troop drops, if the att/def boosts are negligible or nil for a build how is that a bad strategy?

I embrace your scorn.
Keeping EB's at previous ages is not new. It has been a strategy employed by many for some time.

Emberguard

• Bronze Age: 175
  • Iron Age: 256
  • Early Middle Age: 354
  • High Middle Age: 421
  • Late Middle Age: 660
  • Colonial Age: 690

• Industrial Age: 1,000
  • Progressive Era: 1,400
  • Modern Era: 1,600
  • Post-Modern: 1,800
  • Contemporary: 2,000
  • Tomorrow: 1,635

• Future: 1,750
  • Arctic Future: 1,220

• Promethium: 24,850

• Oceanic Future:3,770

• Orichalcum: 21,650

• Virtual Future: 2,395

• Mars: 10,000

• Mars Ore: 21,850

• Asteroid Belt:13,500

• Asteroid Ice: 22,150

• Venus:14,000

• Venus Carbon: 23,045

• Jupiter:16,925

• Unknown DNA: 13,950

• Titan:12,200

• Crystallized Hydrocarbons: 11,650

*Numbers above include the upcoming Titan Age, as it currently appears on Beta

^ the above is a list I made from another thread of how many goods you’ll need (per good of that age) for the Research of each Age.

Once you’ve got the goods for research and great buildings, you can Age up any buildings that aren’t in current age or one age down. You only need one age down for the purpose of negotiations.

For continual Arctic and Oceanic special goods production, 150 Arctic Future regular goods and 180 regular Oceanic Goods production should cover it just fine.

Otherwise have 6,000 (of each) Arctic Future good and 4,000 (of each) Oceanic Future good by the time you exit their respective Ages and use that to produce the Promethium / Orichalcum until it runs out

Beyond that, if you‘re wanting to leave something in a lower Age to help other players or the Guild Treasury that’s totally up to you. Nothing wrong with the concept of leaving buildings in lower Ages for that. It just means you’ll probably also get lower output of any military boosts attached to those buildings

At any rate I have a lot of builds spread out over various ages that provide me with a steady supply of age specific goods to help fellow guilders/friends/and treasury needs

It’s not so much “bad strategy” as it’s not necessary most of the time to keep producing past Ages once you have a inventory stock.

A lot of players have excess goods from lower Ages they can’t use for anything other than helping other players anyway, and it’s not our job to build everyone elses cities for them. Sure, great when we can assist, but not the end of the world if they need to Age up or go to someone who’s actually in the corresponding Age to obtain Goods for certain buildings.

It’s not as if a new player doesn’t have any other options available if you stop producing goods in lower Ages. The earlier in the game a Great Building is the easier it’ll be to obtain the goods from somebody simply because there’ll be a higher percentage of players who’ve already completed that Age and no longer need those goods in inventory

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

All of my goods producing buildings are either current era or one age back. Maintaining buildings in eras further back to produce goods for the guild or other players is understandable but I think that downtrading (especially when skipping multiple eras) is a more efficient way to gather older goods.

WillyTwoShoes

Lemme put this in the mix here because I think it might be overlooked by veteran players.

So many of the new event buildings have huge quantities goods they produce. Some of them produce current age goods AND previous age goods - for me one or two buildings in this or that era brings in a lot of goods over a relatively short period of time.

Emberguard

That hasn’t escaped my attention at all. Deliberately delayed Aging out of Oceanic so I can get a couple buildings with current + previous age goods producers in that Age.

We don’t know what Space Age Hub will be yet, so made sense to get a decent Arctic + Oceanic goods production going that’ll take up minimal space while also being reasonable on army stats. Worst case scenario I’m over compensating and we won’t need Promethium or Orichalcum going forward. Best case scenario we’ll need a infinite supply of Promethium and Orichalcum for Space Age Hub and I’ll have reduced my space taken up to maintain that

Any other Age doesn’t have that same dynamic for regular goods though, and I still need to find a use for goods to make it worth leaving buildings in lower ages on a purely Goods basis. My city is beyond the point of caring about previous Age goods for anything other than Promethium and Orichalcum at this time. The only reason I have previous Aged buildings is there was no reason to update them, I’m on the verge of replacing the oldest buildings or they’re getting a golden upgrade in a soon to be released event anyway

You’ve obviously already decided those goods in previous Ages hold value to you. That’s fine. It’s your city. If you need goods in those Ages then it’s a tried and tested method that works to keep the buildings in the Ages you need goods for. Nothing wrong with the strategy. Done it plenty of times over the years. It works.

It just wouldn’t make sense for my own city past a certain point to keep using that strategy on really early game Ages if I don’t have a use for them and wouldn’t be producing enough to do anything substantial to the Treasury that way. I would rather redirect those resources to Future and above ages now given my current progress, where my Guild is at and wanting to update my city with new buildings as they’re released into the game. Not be stuck with outdated buildings forever more than what‘s necessary

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

Balance. I have generally gone for Balanced Cities. Wasting space to make older Era Goods is just a waste of space. But one fun part of Foe is players can have all sorts of strategies that work just fine! If they are having fun doing it is really the crux of the matter.

Darkest.Knight

Since I've entered SAT down trades are particularly easy, easy being quick. I've found down trades using lower than SAT goods is a bit slow, but the trades usually go in less than a week.

I haven't checked my daily goods production in ages, it's thousands but I'm sure it's less than 8200, lol.

Sharmon the Impaler

Since I've entered SAT down trades are particularly easy, easy being quick. I've found down trades using lower than SAT goods is a bit slow, but the trades usually go in less than a week.

I haven't checked my daily goods production in ages, it's thousands but I'm sure it's less than 8200, lol.
Whatever you do don't use the unmentionable extension to give you the exact count :)