• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I thought I was helping

Aggressor

Does that actually work? If you were a hoodie and sent me that, I would start checking your GBs 3 or 4 times a day, just in case you slip up again.
So you're a guild founder. I'm a Sagittarius. Neither of those facts are the least bit relevant when it comes to sniping.
Agreed. If you told me to stop that would make it more fun

Farfle the smelly

I don't ask neighbors first -- unless he's top of the hood, has every military gb known to man, and flys the plunder badge. Then I ask! :D

Oh, these people I send a friend request so they don’t decide to plunder me. (Yes, Hericlitus, love you buddy but I’m lookin’ at you!)

DSEllenwood

First of all, thank you.
I'm gonna have to re-read this thread a couple of times, as it looks like what I don't know is far, far greater than what I do.
NONE of this was covered in the tutorials, so how was I supposed to understand any of it?!
I'd almost ask Inno to make some official tutorials for all this, but I suppose I can slog through the videos on YouTube if needed.
Ok, just re-read the thread up to now. My initial 'take-aways' are:
1. Do what you want - to the other guy
2. You're a nice guy - Keep it up
3. Stay Away - I'm an entitled little Fart
and
4. Blah Blah MATH Blah ANGER blah blah
Math. I was tutoring algebra in HS before a bad teacher ruined me for it. Now it's all jumbles.
1.85? 1.9? Ledger? Secured investments? Patterns of threads? I dropped out of accounting as soon as they said debits were credits, and credits were debits.
And now it appears I'm supposed to WRITE and ASK to help people?
So frustrated.
I've decided to camp for a while in the LMA to boost my goods, and I really have nowhere to put my daily FPs except my own Oracle.
I'm not going to build anymore GBs until I can reclaim the space being used by industry.
So what can I do with them?! I can't package them for later, and it's a shame to NOT allow them to regenerate.
Frankly, waking up to a full FP bar was a highlight of my day.
Now, I may come to dread it.
.my FOE country Hork Machine - small.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas002

Try to get an easy-to-obtain GB like Statue of Zeus to have somewhere to put your FPs, so you don't lose potential FPs with a full bar.
also, try to invest your bar FPs into other players GBs to start building a bank.
Even if you aren't making a profit on the investment, it will help, as it will convert bar FPs to bank FPs, so more regenerate.

Farfle the smelly

First of all, thank you.
I'm gonna have to re-read this thread a couple of times, as it looks like what I don't know is far, far greater than what I do.
NONE of this was covered in the tutorials, so how was I supposed to understand any of it?!
I'd almost ask Inno to make some official tutorials for all this, but I suppose I can slog through the videos on YouTube if needed.
Ok, just re-read the thread up to now. My initial 'take-aways' are:
1. Do what you want - to the other guy
2. You're a nice guy - Keep it up
3. Stay Away - I'm an entitled little Fart
and
4. Blah Blah MATH Blah ANGER blah blah
Math. I was tutoring algebra in HS before a bad teacher ruined me for it. Now it's all jumbles.
1.85? 1.9? Ledger? Secured investments? Patterns of threads? I dropped out of accounting as soon as they said debits were credits, and credits were debits.
And now it appears I'm supposed to WRITE and ASK to help people?
So frustrated.
I've decided to camp for a while in the LMA to boost my goods, and I really have nowhere to put my daily FPs except my own Oracle.
I'm not going to build anymore GBs until I can reclaim the space being used by industry.
So what can I do with them?! I can't package them for later, and it's a shame to NOT allow them to regenerate.
Frankly, waking up to a full FP bar was a highlight of my day.
Now, I may come to dread it.
.View attachment 16533

But you CAN package them for later: by using them to snipe neighbor’s GBs. They’ll come back to you in your inventory, freeing up space in your FP bar, so the game continues to generate FPS for you.

This game is both simple and complex. Watching foe videos really helped me. Just try a few. Maybe one on sniping and one on city defense. They’re both out there and easy to find.

DSEllenwood

Try to get an easy-to-obtain GB like Statue of Zeus to have somewhere to put your FPs, so you don't lose potential FPs with a full bar.
also, try to invest your bar FPs into other players GBs to start building a bank.
Even if you aren't making a profit on the investment, it will help, as it will convert bar FPs to bank FPs, so more regenerate.
'Bank'? Huh? Here the problem was I was dinged for putting FPs into someone's GB.
How does one 'bank' stuff? Just as goodwill? "Hey, DS just put twenty FPs into my Oracle. I will now do the same for him."?
Hard to count on THAT, it seems. :/

Nicholas002

'Bank'? Huh? Here the problem was I was dinged for putting FPs into someone's GB.
How does one 'bank' stuff? Just as goodwill? "Hey, DS just put twenty FPs into my Oracle. I will now do the same for him."?
Hard to count on THAT, it seems. :/
No, it seems you don't really understand contribution rewards.

say someones oracle is 20 Fp away from leveling. no one but the owner has put FPs on it. the first place contribution reward, is 10 FPs. you can put 10 fps from your FP bar onto your nieghbors Oracle, and since there are only 10 FPs left to level, no one will be able to jump ahead of you, so you have locked the first place reward. when the owner levels that Oracle, you will get 10 FPs into your inventory (bank).

in this scenario, you have converted 10 bar FPs into 10 inventory (bank) FPs, and more bar FPs will regenerate, so you can do more of the same :)

Also, don't worry if your neighbor dislikes you adding FPs to their GBs. feel free to snipe your neighbors.

Deitized-Karma

I just do a first come first serve kind of set up but I know that higher level great buildings/players hate it when you "snipe"

Emberguard

First of all, thank you.
It's a case of you either pick up by looking at what you have available on how best to capitilise on these things or you don't.

From your first post I think the player contacted you has a totally unrealistic look on things. If you don't have a deal with them and you're not even in the same guild then you're not allies. So they shouldn't expect you to behave in the same manner as someone they would have a deal with and definitely shouldn't be so attached to the FPs they haven't got yet

UP ONLINE

It's not snipping if They Realy overprimed their GB and have most spots open & about to level
The bad thing is someone is on 2 spot And you come in and knock him down to spot 3 and others below him As well
or not taking the Default Amount And doing 1/2 that's left to make a profit
if you just throw some FP on to take 6 spot or higher it's fine It helps lower his cost to flip his great building
If it is not hurting others losing FP IT IS NOT SNIPING