• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

IA UnPlunderable Diamond Farm Thoughts/Ideas

• Thread starter DeletedUser31440
  • Start date

DeletedUser26965

someone on here a while back was cataloging the boost for encounters but that was before the change. Maybe if you can perhaps note those for us, that would be appreciated. Last fight in OF is 260%.

DeletedUser30900

I think with Zeus & CoA you should be able to. I think it will require some barracks though. Most of GE in IA is single wave, use Archers on most waves, UA's on waves Archers don't match well with, rogues on 2 wave battles. I'm going to be trying it out at some point after CoA is at 10.
So, in your city, cdm’s priority is lower than cf? Or you have to wait until you try the Zeus-Aachen combo first?

DeletedUser26965

So, in your city, cdm’s priority is lower than cf? Or you have to wait until you try the Zeus-Aachen combo first?
I want to see what I can get out of the Zeus and CoA combo first.
Well, if FP cost, boost and to level 10 are your only considerations then here's the leveling order by fp amount;

note how for about the first 2500 of fp's invested you get 17 levels(51% bonus), for the next lot of 2500 6 levels(18% bonus), 5 for the next(15% bonus) and 1310 to finish of the last 2(6% bonus).

GB FP Running Total
SoZ 40 40
CoA 50 90
CdM 50 140
SoZ 60 200
CoA 60 260
CdM 80 340
SoZ 100 440
CoA 120 560
CdM 140 700
SoZ 150 850
CoA 190 1040
SoZ 210 1250
CdM 210 1460
CoA 240 1700
SoZ 270 1970
CdM 290 2260
CoA 320 2580
SoZ 330 2910
CdM 360 3270
SoZ 380 3650
CoA 380 4030
CdM 440 4470
SoZ 450 4920
CoA 460 5380
SoZ 510 5890
CoA 530 6420
CdM 530 6950
CoA 600 7550
CdM 610 8160
CdM 700 8860

21354564.PNG

5465464.PNG

33333333333.PNG

4444444444444.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18799

Ahoy hoy,

So I've got an IA diamond farm on Y that I'm keeping PvP locked on and have been self leveling my GB's. Right now I'm at a point where I can easily sustain GE 4 each week without any difficulty and I don't really have any need/desire to continue leveling my current GB's any higher.

ToB - 10
OoD - 10
Obs - 7
Zeus - 5 (will be 6 in a few hours)
LoA - 2
ToR - 2 (will be 3 in a day or two)

I could continue leveling Zeus and ToR up to 10 and it would improve the city, but it wouldn't be necessary. So instead what I'm thinking about doing is stealing a play from tuck and starting to buy EMA-LMA goods for fp's to help out with the guild's trade market. I'll probably do this for 2 or 3 months to build up a decent stockpile of goods while I'm waiting for more people to start selling Indy and PE goods, then put down a Capitol and CF, drop all my housing and production buildings, add a few more goods buildings and WW's/FoY's. I can't really see any reason not to buy the EMA-LMA goods, other than I could put the fp's on the ToR or Zeus. Just looking to throw this idea around a bit and see what some other people think about it, or if anyone can rip a hole in my thought process that I'm currently blind to.
Inno tower instead of capitol

DeletedUser30900

99.99% of the time I'd agree, but not for this build. Capitol lets me get rid of housing, supply buildings and happiness buildings while still having the ability to maintain goods production.
I been thinking the same thing, Capitol is better for Diamond farm since the need of population will not be as crazy as main city.

DeletedUser32973

This makes me wonder if it'd be worthwhile to have a series of diamond farms. Start them out as GE farms building up FoY inventories, once you have say 25-30 of them (or however many will fit in the land space that you have), delete everything but FoY's and start using that world as a FoY diamond farm. Have another one in BA doing helmet RQ's and self leveling Zeus and getting ready to fight through GE and transition that one up to fighting through GE. You could do 2 and 2, fighting through GE and RQ'ing BA getting set up to fight through GE, until you get to your goal number of FoY diamond farm worlds. Maybe leave a few as GE fighting worlds to farm more diamonds if you have time.

Not sure I agree with deleting everything but FoY/WW. CoA/Zeus/CDM/Alc + rogue hideout should be kept. It's not that time consuming to auto most of GE, and the diamond income from GE4 far exceeds that of the WW you'd get from replacing those buildings. It seems counterproductive to delete them unless you never do GE anymore on that world, and even then you might end up going back to it. I just see this as a super unlikely scenario.

DeletedUser31440

Not sure I agree with deleting everything but FoY/WW. CoA/Zeus/CDM/Alc + rogue hideout should be kept. It's not that time consuming to auto most of GE, and the diamond income from GE4 far exceeds that of the WW you'd get from replacing those buildings. It seems counterproductive to delete them unless you never do GE anymore on that world, and even then you might end up going back to it. I just see this as a super unlikely scenario.

It's not very time consuming when looking at that city by itself but if you had a city on all worlds it'd be hard. I think outside of my 3 mains I could do 3 more worlds completing GE 4 each week. With that limitation why not rotate worlds moving one to FoY only and a new one into GE?

Woody*

Completing 63/64 encounters per week should earn you an average of 148 diamonds per week. One WW/FoY averages 152 diamonds per year (assuming you collect 6 times per week). I have many diamond farms, and they come in 2 types: GE+wells, or just wells. In my experience, the most efficient way to earn diamonds is to combine GE with wishing wells.

Woody*

Regarding the Capitol and diamond farms. I'm not a fan at all. I get all the population I need from ToB - which provides some of the goods you want... and wells & fountains provide most of the rest I need. I sometimes supplement my goods production with 1-3 goods buildings if I still have room to place them. If I don't have room, that means I have so many wells & fountains that I am set on goods. Therefore, I'm able to save the space and FPs by skipping the Capitol.

That said, goods buildings are a fast and easy way to produce a lot of goods in a short period of time.

Another tactic to consider is to buy higher level goods and trade those goods down for what you need. For example, you could buy 100 CE goods and trade them (assuming 1:2 ratios) all they way down for:
- 200 PME
- 400 ME
- 800 PE
- 1600 Ind
- 3200 Colonial
- 6400 LMA
- 12800 HMA
- 25600 EMA
- 51,200 Iron Age

Let's imagine those goods cost you 50 FPs and you end up with 51,200 Iron Age goods. Now compare that to the cost of raising a Capitol (both in FPs, and what you would gain from the space.

EDIT: the downside of buying and trading for the goods you need is that it does take some time to make the trades, and - unless you are in a guild that can support your trade needs - a good friends list and/or neighborhood.

EDIT #2: if anyone wants goods help on a world where I have an excess, send me a personal message. I can help ME and below in QRTUV, and Iron/Bronze age in ABCDEFGHJKLMPSWXYZAA.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

Completing 63/64 encounters per week should earn you an average of 148 diamonds per week. One WW/FoY averages 152 diamonds per year (assuming you collect 6 times per week). I have many diamond farms, and they come in 2 types: GE+wells, or just wells. In my experience, the most efficient way to earn diamonds is to combine GE with wishing wells.

I agree with that, but I just don't think it's feasable to do on all worlds which is why I am toying with the idea of having a diamond farm cycle, 3 in BA getting ready to do GE, 3 completing GE 4 each week and stocking up on FoY's, and however many possible that have just FoY's for a quick daily collection and no other interactions. If I ever get around to doing the above I'll make a new thread with a better set up to toss around ideas for it.

Regarding the Capitol and diamond farms. I'm not a fan at all. I get all the population I need from ToB - which provides some of the goods you want... and wells & fountains provide most of the rest I need. I sometimes supplement my goods production with 1-3 goods buildings if I still have room to place them. If I don't have room, that means I have so many wells & fountains that I am set on goods. Therefore, I'm able to save the space and FPs by skipping the Capitol.

That said, goods buildings are a fast and easy way to produce a lot of goods in a short period of time.

Another tactic to consider is to buy higher level goods and trade those goods down for what you need. For example, you could buy 100 CE goods and trade them (assuming 1:2 ratios) all they way down for:
- 200 PME
- 400 ME
- 800 PE
- 1600 Ind
- 3200 Colonial
- 6400 LMA
- 12800 HMA
- 25600 EMA
- 51,200 Iron Age

Let's imagine those goods cost you 50 FPs and you end up with 51,200 Iron Age goods. Now compare that to the cost of raising a Capitol (both in FPs, and what you would gain from the space.

EDIT: the downside of buying and trading for the goods you need is that it does take some time to make the trades, and - unless you are in a guild that can support your trade needs - a good friends list and/or neighborhood.

EDIT #2: if anyone wants goods help on a world where I have an excess, send me a personal message. I can help ME and below in QRTUV, and Iron/Bronze age in ABCDEFGHJKLMPSWXYZAA.

I wouldn't go Capitol for a cookie cutter diamond farm, for the one that this thread is talking about it it'll work well though. The diamond farm this thread references is much too time intensive to be duplicated and maintainable. Lesson learned on that front, but in the meantime it does provide a nice diamond boost each week until I can get a better diamond farm template set up. I think Traz is a must have for creating a diamond farm that is fighting through GE, it's possible to get enough rogues to fight GE without a Traz, but not within the time restrictions that a diamond farm should have.

Edit: As for buying goods for fp's and trading down, it's a nice idea on paper but time intensive and difficult to accomplish. I was buying CA and Indy goods on Y and trading down for HMA and EMA but I stopped when it became apparent that the time invested was much higher than I had anticipated. I think the core of the problem with the buying and trading down is that most players are looking for goods at the same age or 1 below for GE so not many people are going to be looking to trade up goods leaving all of those goods you bought sitting on the market for long periods while waiting for the trades to be taken.

Woody*

I was buying CA and Indy goods on Y and trading down for HMA and EMA but I stopped when it became apparent that the time invested was much higher than I had anticipated. I think the core of the problem with the buying and trading down is that most players are looking for goods at the same age or 1 below for GE so not many people are going to be looking to trade up goods leaving all of those goods you bought sitting on the market for long periods while waiting for the trades to be taken.

It's a lot easier to trade for goods on worlds older than on Y. And if all you need is GE goods for your age or lower, then IMO using LoA and ToB + wells are sufficient and more efficient than getting a Capitol. YMMV of course depending on playstyle

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

It's a lot easier to trade for goods on worlds older than on Y. And if all you need is GE goods for your age or lower, then IMO using LoA and ToB + wells are sufficient and more efficient than getting a Capitol. YMMV of course depending on playstyle

I'd agree with that, just not for this particular build, I still want to get my BA & IA stocks up to 5k of each good and get HMA and EMA up to 2k of each good. Without that requirement I would get rid of my goods buildings build some barracks and fight through more of GE than I currently am. I think between using ToB, LoA, FoY's, ToR, and RQ's there should be enough of a weekly goods income to makeup any goods lost to negotiations. Although in future diamond farms I think I'll skip the LoA in favor of ToR, leaving it at level 1, earlier for the goods and extra fp's.

DeletedUser30900

Just think this is the right place to ask this question, each week he offers same rewards for encounter 64 in every world or they are different?

DeletedUser33179

Is there any reason not to gradually advance on the continent map as far as you can (negotiating being easiest way) to unlock more land expansions for a GE-diamond farm in IA (assuming I'm positive I plan to forever stay in that age)? Or for completing any aspects of the main story quest provided you don't advance into the EMA tech tree to do it? I want to make sure my recurring quest doesn't get changed to a side quest that I can't get rid unless I did something in EMA tech.