• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Idea for Arc Swap Group

• Thread starter DeletedUser33181
  • Start date

DeletedUser33181

Idea for Swap Group

So lots of high level arcs suggested a small group swapping and taking turns at guaranteed placement as the best way to level the arc. They suggested I find a group with the same or close to the same level arcs. I’m of the opinion that while it is possible to find guys of the same level it is unlikely. Also the really level your arc quickly you want to be spending all daily generated fps on the arc. So I am trying my hand at designing a group that can account for vairable arc levels and variable daily donations from members. The only similarity required in this method is daily fp generation and similar play rates.

First there are two threads, one is a raw data thread where members state which arc they donated to and in what amount. Additionally, they post any prizes recieved. The other thread is a summary as below.

Net Donation: John 33 —— Gary 69 —— Chiz 50
FP Packs: —- John 1 ——- Gary 2 ——- Chiz 3
Balance: —— John C35 —- Gary J10 —- Chiz G22
————————————————————————
John Level 8 Arc targets: Gary 400-450 —- Chiz 200-250
Gary Level 6 Arc targets: Chiz 300-350 —- John 150-200
Chiz Level 3 Arc targets: John 200-250 —- Gary 100-150

Ignore numbers, this is a template only.

The net donation is total donated to the group minus any prizes recieved. Since prizes won’t be the same for everyone they should be accounted for and negated. This essentially means the prizes will be required to be rolled back into the group to keep your donations even.

FP packs in this example means sets of one hundred. Though you could just post exactly how many you have on hand. This allows for us to see when we have more or less evened out in prizes and can burn through a couple hundred to accelerate our arcs.

Balence in this example since it is a group of three you would only need to post which one of the other two you have spent more fps on to ensure that you are donating enough to all members and one guy isn’t getting more fps donated to him/her. There are a couple ways to fix this, one is to take first on the same guys arc multiple times in a row. The other I’ll describe in the next portion.

Every person will have different arc target numbers for placement, the range will be between double the prize for that place (making sniping unattractive) and 50 percent of the remaining fps available for that level - aka locking or unsnipable. Changing which side of that range can also help restore balance in your donations to individuals. Every person should always prioritize donating to whichever first place you are working on until unattractive for sniping or completely locked. Second place should only be worked on after first is close to the unattractive number.

Finally a minimum rate (close to the lowest guys natural daily generation), and a general maximum rate to prevent to much imbalance quickly (upped when burning fp packs), should be used.

With more members the balance will become a bit more complicated but should hold up just fine.

Pros of this method.
1. Arcs don’t need to be same level or level at same rate since donations are in a sum format and prizes are subtracted out.
2. Almost all donation points will be working towards a guaranteed prize.
3. All perishable daily fps should be able to go into swaps as long as buildings are leveled when ready quickly. Converting daily fps them into non perishable fp packs.
4. Very transparent, trackable, and updateable by anyone in group.
5. Medals and bps should be pretty even with rotation.
6. Daily donation is very flexible and can account for any amount.
7. Balance between donation partners should be pretty easy to restore by varying your donation amount within the target thresholds.
8. 3rd, 4th, and 5th can and should be sold to people outside group. 3rd can be sold preferably to a high arc for no cost to anyone. 4th and 5th should probably be sold to bp hunters in a swap with a building they aren’t leveling quickly. You can do an even swap where they take multiple low placements and you donate multiple times to the off building getting a prize eventually from their off building.

Cons
1. Participation daily is needed to make sure that donations don’t get too imbalanced. This can pretty easily be caught up by using fp packs though.
2. Little bit of math in required to add donations subtract prizes, add and subtract balance, and calculate the donation targets.
3. There will be a slight prize imbalance with different level arcs, higher level arcs will get slightly worse prizes mitigated by higher arc bonus, lower level arcs will get slightly better prizes mitigated by worse arc bonus. Pretty sure this imbalance is small, but will likely favor lower level arcs. Not sure about this one and will need hefty calculations to see.

DeletedUser33181

Please give constructive criticism and ask questions, Thanks

DeletedUser8428

Please give constructive criticism and ask questions, Thanks

Chiz you'd do better if you'd posted this in Forge Hall. The Guides section contains documents already put out there for players to use. Might want to copy this over .

DeletedUser29726

In general in an established world the best case scenario for new levelling arcs is :

1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd are taken by already levelled arcs at their break even (or leaving a small profit) with no swap back - free FP is good FP!
Your blueprints are obtained off 3rd/4th/5th spots on other arcs (blueprints scale well on lower spots but the FP don't - so this is where having the other levelling arcs help out is best suited).

One of the challenges with slowly building up to take the 1st/2nd spots in your trio will be that if it's not finished at once, a high level arc might snipe it anyways. And if they're not friendly quite possibly for much much cheaper than you could've gotten from a friendly high level arc. In the early 30s through late 60s an arc is lockable for profit immediately upon levelling by high level arcs - the best case scenario is to have a friend do that lock because they may pay more than half the level for you where a profit sniper may not.

DeletedUser27184

1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd are taken by already levelled arcs at their break even (or leaving a small profit) with no swap back
I agree with the above. If you find some 3 level 80 Arc's, they can give you 1.8-1.9* the reward value.
Lets say your Arc is level 30, and your friends are level 30 too. Then they can give you 1.5* the reward value. Every FP they put above it, they need to get it out of their bank.
1st+2nd+3rd reward values are: 700.
If you give those reward for Arc level 80 players, you will get 1260 into your Arc.
If you give those reward for Arc level 50 players, you will get 1064 into your Arc.
You get about 200 more FP that you dont need to invest into the Arc this way.

Algona

Didn;t read close. Sorry. 18 months of working on, with, watching complex to simple techniques has me jaded.

I'll share the rwo constant mistakes I see people make with groups working together to power level GBs.

The goal is sustainable growth which requires a continuous flow if FPs and BPs. Any system that doesn't recogzize and account for both stalls out sooner or later.

Work snipers into the plan. Don't fight, worry about, get upset with snipers. Use them to your advantage.

I'm not saying either is not covered in your plan, just that these are the two most frequent mistakes.

Chiz you'd do better if you'd posted this in Forge Hall. The Guides section contains documents already put out there for players to use. Might want to copy this over .

Agreed.